2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I bought more yarn today I went to Joann's and decided I needed that yarn not sure for what yet though LOl because I really didn't need it I just wanted it because it was a different color

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really goofed today and bought 5 more skeins of yarn. This time it is varigated to make butterfly fridgies. I will not be active this week, may not finish anything. :eek I am having eye surgery tomorrow, :think I don't know if I can crochet or knit with one eye. How much do you want to bet that I can. I'm an avid crocheter. :yes I can

Good luck with your surgery! Let us know how you are doing, when you can get back online. We'll be thinking of you!:hug

:cheer:cheertoday I went into AC Moore,,,I had every intention of buying some vanna baby for a new WIM, but they didn't have enough for me,,,and I actually walked out EMPTY HANDED!!!:cheer:cheer I'm not sure how I feel about that now:think:think but what crazy willpower!! :clap

i have to go to michaels tomorrow and pick up some teal yarn...thats all i plan to buy just enough to work on my navajo blanket...probably 3 skeins of vanna or 2 skeins of something else - but i want a soft yarn. be my luck they won't have it...then i'll have to get it a craftsetc...thats is a dangerous venture. i have no willpower there :rofl

I am looking to the end of a one Kg skein. :eek I used it to make a charitable squares afghan and I have all the squares done, most of them together and I have the pattern I want for the border. It sure feels good to get near the end of one of those.

Actually, I spent the largest part of my evening unraveling the last of it into a workable ball for the edging. This was the "flying spaghetti monster on steroids" tangle.

Hope all goes well with your surgery Karishema!

This was the "flying spaghetti monster on steroids" tangle.

HAHA! Don't you just hate those?

I started a hat today but no points to report. But I've got several requests from family members to make things so I should be busy this week. :hook

I am on a bad roll this week! Went to AC Moore last night and came out with ten skeins... That give me a WTD (so far!) of -44 :blush But these ten skeins are earmarked for a comfort blanket for a girl at church who needs surgery soon. It is a doublestranded V-stitch blanket and I plan to have it given to her for Valentine's Day. So those ten skeins will be used up pretty quickly (I already worked through two half skeins last night)

I'm working hard on that darn afghan. It has to be finished by the weekend. Yikes.

I finished up two skeins for another 4 points for the week. I'm up to nine and it's only Tuesday!

:manyheart

Actually, I spent the largest part of my evening unraveling the last of it into a workable ball for the edging. This was the "flying spaghetti monster on steroids" tangle.
:lol:lol:lol I love that one, Darski!

Been working steadily on a afghan the last few days but haven't gotten any one skein completed yet. Really close to finishing 3 separate ones though. So hopefully tonight I'll have something positive to report!

+2 so far this week. i finished the ball of cotton making washcloths:knit and a second one the first of a pair of slippers for my dd.:crocheting

the wool from the slippers is making my face itch. patons classic wool is not nice to me =-(

the teenager picked the colors a while ago for a hat so now it is time to use it up.

I got another huge box of yarn from my ex. I didn't realize I had so much yarn! And beads. And cross-stitch. And patterns...

Except for some really red yarn for a planned blanket for a friend, I don't see me buying anymore yarn for the year until I whittle the piles down.

I've been crocheting, but no skeins busted yet this week. Tomorrow I plan on working a variegated blanket for my son.

Archived