2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I'd like to join the stash bash, my hubby will like me doing this even more, I have soooo much yarn that needs to be used up. I do have a question. Do you just type in the amount used etc. for each week in your signature?

MammaSue:think

Welcome MammaSue! I like to update my signature every time I get or use yarn. It helps me to keep track of everything. At the end of the week on Saturday before midnight you post your score for the week here in this thread in big bold colors so it's easy to find. And of course you can post during the week to update us on what you're doing cause we'd all love to see!

Yes, each Sunday you start over on your week to date score but you always keep going on your year to date score.

Ok thanks, so that starts me off in a negative for this week then:lol

Oh well, better get the :hook flying and make a few things to bring it back up to Zero:lol

I've made up for last week already :lol Bought 11 skeins yesterday for -22 so far this week :blush I needed one skein of Red Heart to finish a baby blanket but I also found Lion Brand Suede for $0.69 :eek a skein and HAD to get ten skeins. Not sure what I'm making but it was such a good deal and a really nice color :D I also likely need to need to buy more to make a comfort-ghan for a girl at church who is having surgery soon. I'll find out about colors for her today I hope and buy the yarn tonight - but it will be used up fast :yes

Hi,

I'd like to join the stash bash, my hubby will like me doing this even more, I have soooo much yarn that needs to be used up. I do have a question. Do you just type in the amount used etc. for each week in your signature?

Welcome to Stashbusters!:hug

Most people keep track of their YTD (Year to date) and WTD (week to date) scores in their signature. Then on Saturday before midnight, they send a post with the WTD in big, colorful print, so it's easy for the scorekeeper to see. We give honorary rewards for outstanding scores, and everyone resets the WTD to 0, and starts over. However, the YTD keeps growing, showing your glorious progress throughout the year.

Does this answer your question?

The Superbowl was good for something, using up some stash. I went through 5 points of yarn working on my dd's bf's dorm room afghan. It's about 5 foot long now.

I can't wait until that one is finished so I can start the baby one for the fair.

:manyheart

Hi,

Welcome! :hug

I've made up for last week already :lol Bought 11 skeins yesterday for -22 so far this week :blush I needed one skein of Red Heart to finish a baby blanket but I also found Lion Brand Suede for $0.69 :eek a skein and HAD to get ten skeins. Not sure what I'm making but it was such a good deal and a really nice color :D I also likely need to need to buy more to make a comfort-ghan for a girl at church who is having surgery soon. I'll find out about colors for her today I hope and buy the yarn tonight - but it will be used up fast :yes

Okay, where did you find Lion Brand Suede for 69 cents?! Enquiring minds want to know. :lol

Ok, I don't know what went wrong :( ...I thought I posted but then again, was trying to post with my 3 year old nephew helping me:laughroll...it was +8 for the week, that was a good score for me, oh well, I'll start again and hopefully will be able to post next week without help ;)

...and I just wanted it officially noted...I have now gone an entire :cheer:clapMONTH :clap:cheer without buying yarn...my family considers that a minor miracle :think

Ok, I don't know what went wrong :( ...I thought I posted but then again, was trying to post with my 3 year old nephew helping me:laughroll...it was +8 for the week, that was a good score for me, oh well, I'll start again and hopefully will be able to post next week without help ;)

...and I just wanted it officially noted...I have now gone an entire :cheer:clapMONTH :clap:cheer without buying yarn...my family considers that a minor miracle :think

:cheergood on you girl.!!!

:cheer

personally I will be happy if I just succumb once a month... that would also be miraculous. :wlol

Ah, the joy of helpful toddlers!:manyheart Congrats on the great score for last week, and WAY TO GO on the yarn-buying-restraint for a whole month!!!! That's just amazing.:yay

Well, I ended up at Michael's and Hobby Lobby today...

I got the skein of yarn I needed to finish one baby-ghan and the skein I needed to finish the other...but 4 more skeins jumped in my cart when I wasn't looking! :eek

-12 for me today...lol.

Ellie...that sounds like a fun afghan to work on!! I am a child lost in the 70's...i totally like all the cool stuff!! If you find any free patterns, will you post the link(s)?? Where did you get your peace sign square pattern?? I have alot of yarn left from my UFO babette...they would look groovy (hehehe just had to throw that word in there!!) with peace signs, smilies & flower power! all with black borders...totally groovy!!

I think :think the peace sign was listed in the Other Crochet Topics section. Someone on Crochetville designed it. The daisy square is Krystal's (which I can't find right now :() design. The smillie is my design, but I'm not giving it away because I want to get my patterns into a book (sorry).

Ellie 13

Your shawl is gorgeous, Jain! I so love her patterns. You did a wonderful job, your bf's mom will absolutely love it. :clap:clap

Way to Go Tricia! That is quite an accomplishment! :clap I wish I could say the same thing. :blush:)

I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down :cheer (+3). While looking for a pattern, I found 2 grocery bags of yarn. Mostly balls and a skein or 2, I'm not sure. Every time I :think my stash is getting low, more appears from nowhere :(. Oh well, at least I don't have to count it, but I'll still have :yarn to play with :lol.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Well, I ended up at Michael's and Hobby Lobby today...

I got the skein of yarn I needed to finish one baby-ghan and the skein I needed to finish the other...but 4 more skeins jumped in my cart when I wasn't looking! :eek

-12 for me today...lol.

Don't you hate it when they do that! :D

Ellie...thats okay, i understand. I found the peace sign square, and i also have the daisy from krystal - but i can't find it either on my computer, but have it printed out for my pattern file. I won't use it yet, because when I first got it from her, i tried it, and failed, got really frustrated, and never went back to it...so before i can use it for me, i have to make her at least one.

I really goofed today and bought 5 more skeins of yarn. This time it is varigated to make butterfly fridgies. I will not be active this week, may not finish anything. :eek I am having eye surgery tomorrow, :think I don't know if I can crochet or knit with one eye. How much do you want to bet that I can. I'm an avid crocheter. :yes I can

Archived