2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I'm sorry I didn't get to post all last week. I'm using the library computers and didn't get here all week (Mon-Fri), and it was closed Sat-Mon for the holiday. I'll add all I did to this week. I used a ball and rolled a skein down (+2). I finished my tote :clap. I used 3 balls (+3) :crocheting more squares together for my afghan. So I'm starting out good this week. :cheer

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 70

Ellie 13

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No points to claim but I finished my Outta Sight today! I've got to block it and take some pictures. Then I started back on my socks I've been working on forever. I've had to frog the heel like six times but I think I've finally got it now. Started on the other sock just to feel like I'm doing something new - and also to ensure they will be the same length. I'm resisting starting the Amsterdam Coat until I finish up a few outstanding WIPs.

Busted some cotton making these two hotpads!

This one is made with 9 saltines for the front and a regular granny for the back.

post-18634-135897410653_thumb.jpg

This is the front

post-18634-135897410657_thumb.jpg

This is the back ... it is open in the back to put your hands to fold it to use.

post-18634-135897410659_thumb.jpg

Workin' on some saltines now for a quilt'ghan I'm making .... looks like I will have just enough black. So that will get rid of that skein. :yay

:heart

:mug

Teakaycee -- love the hot pads -- the one with the open back is ingenious!

Everyone sounds like they are plugging away. I hope it will be another great week for our scores, like last week. OH, I will be posting YTD scores this weekend, so please post them, as well.

I finished a skein, so +2 for me!

well I would have had a +2 for the day but I need to buy more yarn to work on a scarf so naughty me this week on a yarn buying binge this week since fiance's parents dog passed away and the family is taking it extremely hard and the yarn is comforting me

OK --I need to rejoin ya'll. My stash is a problem, and I'm supposed to move again in 2 months. I have got to get this under control. As you can see from my signature I had issues last year.

So far this week I bought 3 skeins of cotton for a hat that someone ordered from me. Why is it someone always wants the colors I don't have quite enough of? I made another hat, but didn't use anything up in the process--darn it.

My name is appy_lover and I'm a yarn addict. Admittedly I have been afraid to keep track this year. I have been on a spending frenzy. The last few weeks were ugly, our LYS is going out of business. So I bought a lot of yarn and excellent prices that I can make Christmas gifts from and make scarves & hats to sell during the holidays. I am hoping that the person I get in the purse/bag swap wants something in colors I already have. Given the sheer size of my stash I'd be surprised if I don't have something that will work splendidly.

Since it would be impossible to track down all I have bought this year I am going to start my totals this week with my little -6. Lets see if I can get something worked off that by the weekend. :D

Good luck to you all in your stash busting efforts this week/year.

Hi, everyone -

just stopped by quick to see how everyone's doing, and :yes, as I suspected: :cheerAWESOME!:cheer

I have started to reorganize my stash, and between a bag for donation, and the skeins I finished off for the Charity CAL, I am starting the week off pretty good: +36 :woo

P.S. LadyKats - Hope your DH is handling the Chemo ok. I was thinking about you guys :hug

I used another ball :crocheting squares together (+1) :cheer. I have 15 squares together, 21 more to go. I hope I'll have enough black left for the border. A friend liked my small neck purse that I made and wants me to make her one in brown. I can't find the pattern, so I'm trying to copy it. I'm not getting any :yarn used, because I keep frogging it. I hope to have more points by Sat.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 71

Ellie 13

well yesterday bought another skein of yarn so for the week that was -6 and I and I say was because I used a skein of yarn for a total of -4 for the week so far

Well, I am down to Zero for the week.

I rolled some pink that I was using to knit for a point, and then used up three balls of yarn at my crochet group. I am at

WTD=0 YTD=+1

It was a good week.

DD graduates from HS on Saturday, so I am posting while I have a chance.

:manyheart

Well, this is probably going to be another busy weekend, so I'm posting my totals now.

I managed to go through another skein without succumbing to the lure of the yarn sirens ("buy more yarn...buy more yarn..."), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +85

:c9

I was down to a -13 this week,went to Michaels,picked up 2 skeins for future use,cause I think these colors won't be around long,they're too purty,so now I sit at - 17

Well I'm going to post my score now since it will be a busy day for me tomorrow seeing my daughters sing in church so here I go

WTD-4/YTD-166

I have used up 6 skeins this week which is beyond wonderful for me. I am not posting yet as I hope to get at least one more done before midnight tomorrow

Okay totals for this week, I am at +6 WTD and -81 YTD I know as large as these skeins are there is no way I am finishing another one tonight. Ya'll have a great weekend Ladies

Hey, Beth, I think we get to dance together. I finished my baby blanket,

and the scarf on the loom. Finished one sk on the scarf, and then finished up a ball making granny squares for charity. So that gives me a +3 for today.

wtd +7 ytd 0 :elle :elle:elle:tdance:tdance:tdance

I like the turkey dance tool:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

post-25772-135897411737_thumb.jpg

post-25772-135897411741_thumb.jpg

post-25772-135897411743_thumb.jpg

Archived