2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will post pix when I am done with it!!!

I think that you could use any yarn that you wanted. I just finished one with a boluce (sp) yarn that I got from Joann's. It has a bit of a stripe to it. I will post a pic of that also when I get this next one done.... So. If you want one made of sock yarn, make one!!!

Oh please do post pictures! I love that pattern. I'd like to make another one someday... do you think it would work out okay in sock yarn? I may hop over to :ebay and have an excuse to buy some! haha But not this week.

It is very pretty Aphelia!!!

I finished my very first wearable - a bolero for MYSELF! I could only take pictures with my cellphone, so I'll make a thread on it in show-and-tell when I get the camera back. But can't wait to show it off, so here's some of the pictures I took today. :D

The pattern is the "Knot Ugly Shrug" from the happy hooker-book.

I'm at +8 now, pretty amazing. ;)

I just finished one with a boluce (sp) yarn that I got from Joann's.

I did one with the JoAnn's Boucle yarn too, I love the way the colors pooled. Here's a pic:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3350991242_b2726c0828_b.jpg

I like working with smooth yarn more though. Think I will get some sock yarn and try it out. Too many projects! I just started the sleeve on my Outta Sight. Can't wait to finish this! Next up, the Amsterdam Coat.

That looks just like the one I just finished!!!!!LOL Same yarn. I didn't like getting started with it, but, I used an N hook and it was not so bad. I just had to make sure I din't have to frog anything.

I have a lot of projects going rigt now also. I am close to having 2 baby afghans and a wedding afghan done. I take the shawls with me to doc visits etc. for my folks to work on while I am waiting.

I did one with the JoAnn's Boucle yarn too, I love the way the colors pooled. Here's a pic:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3350991242_b2726c0828_b.jpg

I like working with smooth yarn more though. Think I will get some sock yarn and try it out. Too many projects! I just started the sleeve on my Outta Sight. Can't wait to finish this! Next up, the Amsterdam Coat.

I didn't like getting started with it, but, I used an N hook and it was not so bad. I just had to make sure I din't have to frog anything.

Haha, me too! I hated that yarn for the first 8 or 10 rows and then I was ok with it.

Okay...I just gifted "33" skeins of yarn to a local charity this morning. I don't know what posessed me! It was very "spur of the moment", but it feels good! I wasn't using it and didn't have any specific plans for it. Now, someone else can get some good use out of it. :hook But, I also bought six skeins earlier this week, so that will make my score so far this week at +54.

Okay...the charity group didn't come pick up on Wednesday like they were supposed to. :think I gave them a call today, and they apologized. They said they would send someone around tomorrow! :yes I've been very good and haven't returned any of the yarn to my stash! :hook As a matter of fact, I took the time to go through my craft stuff and came up with 11 more skeins of yarn/thread to donate! :yay

Posting today from work - my internet is down at home.:cry They are supposed to come and fix it tomorrow.

WTD +5

Trying to destash by making hats - instant gratification project. The hats will eventually go to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation when it starts to cool down again.

Okay...the charity group didn't come pick up on Wednesday like they were supposed to. :think I gave them a call today, and they apologized. They said they would send someone around tomorrow! :yes I've been very good and haven't returned any of the yarn to my stash! :hook As a matter of fact, I took the time to go through my craft stuff and came up with 11 more skeins of yarn/thread to donate! :yay

Wow!!! That's even better!!! and I was impressed in the first place!:yay:clap:woo:applause

Well, I have a week of doing not much, at least that is the way it seems. I have been working on Bears in my blanket afghan. That is such a cute afghan. I can't wait till it is done. Anyway, yesterday I had to have an Endoscopy and the doctor took two bioscopies of my stomach and throat. Not too bad till last night when I laid down to go to sleep. Anyway, Hubby went to work today and I amhome recovering. I think the bioscopy in my stomach bleed a bit. It is okay now as it doesn't burn anymore, I am not as week, nor am I light headed. And I do have my DD here if I need help. Hospital ER's in this area are a joke. A person would die before being seen by a doctor at some of the places around here. One of the hospitals is in chapter 11, and is hoping that another hospital will take them over again.

Anyway, with all of this going on, my next door neighbor is a RN, so hubby calls her over last night to check me out. We don't see Erika all that often as her schedule is hectic. I noticed she is pregant and due in September. Only finally she is having a Girl, yes out of 4 people I know having babies in September she is the only one having a girl.

Okay, I'm posting my weekly totals now, as this weekend is going to be extremely busy here...

I managed to make it through this week without any more yarn accumulation, and managed to use up a skein working on my sweater, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +83

:c9

I'm going out town this weekend and don't know if I'll be able to get online, so posting now. I frogged 3 afghan blocks that just weren't working and wound the yarn into balls, so that's -3, but I've used three skeins of the glow in the dark stuff so far for +6, so my total as of today is WTD +3/YTD -71.:yay

I used up 2 more small balls that just wouldn't go away :lol

I'm going to go ahead and post my score in case I forget tomorrow. We're going out of town and I might forget to post with all the packing then hitting the road.

WTD +4 YTD +5 :yay

I, too, will post early as I'm not sure I'll get online tomorrow morning. Although I've been making some dishcloths, I'm using up some big balls of yarn, so my score is a big, fat

WTD = 0

I hope to move into the positive over the weekend, but since I'm resuming the big filet name doily I'm making, that thread cone will take forever to use up. Happy Holiday! Patty

:yay.... used up 1 skein and two balls of yarn with these........

Kittens in a row ghan for our kitty

post-18634-135897409768_thumb.jpg

Gecko bookmark/toy

post-18634-135897409771_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Those are sooo cute!!!!!!!!:lol

:yay.... used up 1 skein and two balls of yarn with these........

Kittens in a row ghan for our kitty

[ATTACH]1996[/ATTACH]

Gecko bookmark/toy

[ATTACH]1997[/ATTACH]

Well didn't get much yarn completed yesterday had a lot of things going on with the kids at their school but I did do some crocheting especially in the principal's office with another lady no :lol we didn't get in trouble she was knitting and I was crocheting and we were talking with the secretary

Been knitting this week and not much yarn got used at all.

But my wtd and my ytd are in the positives. :lol

WTD=+1 YTD=+1

Horray!

:manyheart

This week has been great!!!!!!!!!!!

got alot done.... and serious stash busted.......:yay:hook:yay

WTD +17

YTD +173

Archived