Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen, That looks Beautiful!!!! I love it so far. I love seeing everyones color choices and their progress as they go.

I have gotten my pattern and am anxiously waiting for my mom to get her king size afghan finished so that we can get started on this one. In the meantime I am having a blast making the Haekelbeutel bags.

Beautiful work Colleen! :)

I've been wanting to get back to this project. I found the yarn and the few pieces I started, but can't seem to find my pattern. :( I've looked all over the house. :thair

How is every one doing? I have put mine to the side also! :( But I realized haw fast Christmas will be here and I have 3 boy afghans to make and 3 girl ponchos and purses to make for the grankids. Once I get them completed I will get back to the CRW. But i will check in to see how you are doing. Colleen, I like your colors. I got as far as the triangles. I did them directly on the pentagons. I hope it works OK for the next round.

I put mine aside for the crochet games which I failed miserably at. I am back at it now though. Oh how I've missed attaching big hexagons. :P

One quick question. Has anyone had a problem with their big hexagons puffing up around the joins? I chose to crochet mine on instead of sew them so that might be why.

I'm hoping finishing and the tension of later rows will help to pull them down a bit. I really don't want to frog all of them out.

Hey Sassykat,

I'm attaching those hexagons right now, with crochet, and they are a little puffy. I just assumed it was part of the design, like the pentagons, so I'm fine with it.

Once upon a time a friend crocheted a baby blanket for me.(This was before I did much crochet.) Being a new mom, I just tossed it in the wash with the rest of the laundry. She had crocheted it the "proper" way, with no knots, so all her neatly woven ends slipped right out and the blanket was in pieces--clean! but no longer useable. So, I always try to use as few ends as possible, and use knots to make the crochet useable.

So by crocheting the pentagons on there is no snipping, just the one thread all the way around.

The half circles should end with it running from one corner to the other across the top of the Heptagon. Maybe you could put a photo up if your having troubles? I do much better seeing what the problem is. :lol

I would take a picture of it but I don't think it will show well being its black yarn and light blue against it. I don't think the indiv. stitches would show.

Where I am having the problem is in where to put the final slip stitch. If my drawings that I have done to try to figure this out are correct, it should be in the first stitch going down the side of the hexagon, after the corner.

I'm so confused because the next row starts 10 stitches after the last stitch of the half circles.

I'm so glad there is a thread on this project because I would be lost without it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

When i was doing the half circles I started in the third stitch instead of the fourth, because it looked so off...and this pattern has needed so many corrections. I thought it was a funky way of doing half circles.

I wish there was a prestigious award for published patterns that do not need any corrections.

ahhhhh... finished the valleys, so nice to just go around again. I think the yarn that is crocheted over for color changes makes the piece stronger. It feels like the most difficult parts are over, what do you think?

Archived