Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raccoon I was doing mine at my desk in my chair but have now moved to the couch so I don't have a bunch of it on me while working. It's getting heavy and hot even with the AC and a fan on me :lol

I'm joining in. Yay! I'm on section 2 now and those triangles liked to killed me.

Anyway, I am doing mine w/ "I Love This Yarn" Black, Seaspray, and Light Blue. The seaspray has some white in it so I hope it looks ok later.

If I get so inclined, I would love to do one with white instead of black. :D

Well till I can get a better photo I'm going to put this one up of it. :lol

Max my cat wouldn't get off of it and it's kind of dark but here it is.

th_crochet465.jpg

Heather it is beautiful!!

I'm having cat territory problems also. I have to cover it with fabric.

Welcome, sassykat, you are moving right along!

Re: Pyramids and Columns

On the row before the columns I'm not cutting the black, but leaving it to do the column with - One(16) less end to weave in.

I'm weaving ends as I go, otherwise I'd just be overwhelmed by all those ends, and would probably play on my ds instead of finishing it.

I just received notice from the state fair. I didn't make it in. They said it didn't lay flat. It laid flat for me.

I'm pretty sad about it.

:eek I can't believe it!! They must not know how to spread it out! I would be sad too, I think it deserves to be in the fair. I'm sure no one else entered anything so beautiful!

I just received notice from the state fair. I didn't make it in. They said it didn't lay flat. It laid flat for me.

I'm pretty sad about it.

That's terrible! It layed flat in your picture! I agree with Heather...they must not know how to lay it! I'm so sorry! :hug

Thank you both. It's such a large piece, I wonder if they just opened it up and figured if it needed any manuevering to lay out that it must not lay flat.

I needed to adjust it when I laid it out, but I also do with a sheet that size. It was judged by professionals in the crochet and knitting.. so I don't know why they wouldn't have known that. I"m also wondering if they figured that the pentagons off the center were supposed to lay flat rather than being puffy.

I was so certain that it would at least qualify. I guess this is a lesson ni humility.

March 6th, our daughter just told us, is when we are expecting our first grandchild. I'm going to be a gramma! How will I ever finish this when all I can think about are patterns for maternity tops, baby booties, bonnets and blankies?

I'm 4 rounds away from finishing the 2nd one! :yay I can't believe it. now if I'll just work on it :lol I have to finish it by friday that is my deadline for the row a day I've been doing on it.

Congrats Racoon! Just work on it in between baby things. I always like having more than one WIP, so when I get tired of one, I can go to the other.

Heather, I'm SO excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see it.

Congrats racoon! Now someone else is in the same boat as I am. :lol I think making baby things are so much more fun anyway. :) I have convinced myself I need to wait untill the ultrasound that tells us what it is before starting anything so that if it is a girl

I can go crazy making pink frilly things for it. :lol

congrats Racoon!! I love making baby things myself... Don't feel bad about the afghan. I have a whole pile of WIPs as well. I find some new pattern I like and off the current goes to the pile of despair...LOL. I think they've formed a support group in there.

It has been awhile since I even checked this cal out. I have so many wips right now and 4 of them I have to get done by end of August, then I hope to get back to my two crw.

And I find even more patterns I want to. There are just so many of them- can I ever get them done:think Probably not. :eek

It has been awhile since I even checked this cal out. I have so many wips right now and 4 of them I have to get done by end of August, then I hope to get back to my two crw.

And I find even more patterns I want to. There are just so many of them- can I ever get them done:think Probably not. :eek

I feel the same way about patterns. I see so many I want to make but would never have time to finish them all.

Archived