Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

I was just able to actually order the pattern from Annie's Attic. I have tried daily for the past 6 weeks but finally got it today. I am so excited!! Maybe I'll get to join you guys soon in this CAL. I am amazed at all of the pictures I have seen on this thread and following your conversations! :yay

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have all but one large heptagon sewn on!! I never thought I would get those done! I think i am going to start making the small heptagons before I really need them so I don't get so sick of them. :)

your so close to finishing, heather. I bet that makes it easier to work on it. That would give me the motivation to work on it all the time.

It does but I must admit I enjoyed my break from it last week. :D only had to do a small heptagon a day for the row a day CAL and I had a few made up in reserves to take a break :lol now I've used up all the reserves and need to work on it again.

Hello everyone! While shopping at Annie's Attic today I was surprised to find this pattern for sale again. :eek I never expected to just run across it like this and of course I had to buy it :yay

I have never been very good at sewing an afghan part's together...but this one is worth another try, it is spectacular!!!

:hook Have a great day

So I've been lurking in this thread for quite a while. I wasn't sure if I would ever get the pattern since I'm just not about to pay the prices it's been going for on ebay.

How happy was I to see it on sale at annie's attic again! Yay! So I got the confirmation email today that it's been shipped and is on it's way. :)

Now the really hard part.....what colors to make it in??? I haven't seen it done in many other versions than the purples and I that wont really work with my home. What colors are you guys making your in? I need some inspiration.

Somewhere I saw it made in browns, and it was georgous (did I spell that right?).

Why not use your favourite colour and buy different shades of it.

The white and black would be hard to replace though.

I did it in RH Monet and RH Artist's Print. Really, you need to go the the store and stand in front of the yarn and see what looks like stained glass to you.

I must have gone to 3 different stores and looked at yarn for well over an hour before I figured it out!

Yeah I think I'm going to have to take a trip to Joann's and stare at the colors for a while. :) I've tried looking online for ideas but the color quality is so wonky you never really know what you are looking at.

One of the problems is trying to get this to fit into my living room. Granted my living room is mainly asian themed...but it's asian ecclectic. Basically asian inspired untill I feel like throwing something else in. lol

I already have a ton of red and black in my living room but I think if I add in more red and black it's going to start to be too much. Hmmm...I do have blue, greens and yellows in this huge fan that hangs on my wall...maybe I'll use some of that to pull those colors out a bit.

Yep, staring at the colors in person is the way to go! Hubby and I spent a loooong time at Michaels looking and comparing colors.

This weekend, I am going to work on the CRW and ONLY the CRW. I want to get closer to finishing!!

I'm onto the last half circles in the pattern! :yay Can't wait only a few more rows besides the half circles :D

CRW 2 isn't far behind I've got 12 small heptagons done and I've been doing row 1 of the fourth section *** I join the heptagons I get done so killing 2 rows with one move :lol

Heather: Are you doing the CRWs in two different color schemes. Doing two at a time would be one thing...but doing two exactly the same at a time... Well that would make me insane. :eek

I'm onto the last half circles in the pattern! :yay Can't wait only a few more rows besides the half circles :D

CRW 2 isn't far behind I've got 12 small heptagons done and I've been doing row 1 of the fourth section *** I join the heptagons I get done so killing 2 rows with one move :lol

:cheer Amazing!

AAAAAAH! i thought I was doing so good and finishing the first round of half circles only to start the next round and find out that I did them wrong. After rereading and reworking one I can't believe that I did it so wrong the first time! So now I am working on reworking them as I go around with the next round. YUCK! :)

I need some help. I'm on section three round three. as it is written you sc on the way up the heptagon and hdc on the way down. it this correct? Or am I reading it wrong? I'm not going to work on it anymore until I know since I have frogged enough today. :2frog:lol

I need some help. I'm on section three round three. as it is written you sc on the way up the heptagon and hdc on the way down. it this correct? Or am I reading it wrong? I'm not going to work on it anymore until I know since I have frogged enough today. :2frog:lol

Sorry you had to frog those half circles. :( That is correct. It seems weird but it seems to work so who am I to question :lol

Heather: Are you doing the CRWs in two different color schemes. Doing two at a time would be one thing...but doing two exactly the same at a time... Well that would make me insane. :eek

Well every color is the same except the Varigated I changed it.

Here are mine so far.

CRW #1

th_crochet458.jpg It's so much bigger than the second one. I must be crocheting tighter on it. :lol

CRW #2

th_crochet459.jpg

Very nice work Heather. :clap

Looks like you don't have too much more to do. Now what will you do with all your free time once you're done? ;)

I am thinking about starting one of these (although why, I cannot say!). Any words of wisdom from those who have finished or nearly finished? What about from those who started and gave up? Is there anyone who is just starting that I could work along with? Am I out of my mind to be thinking about doing this? Has anyone tried it in yellows and golds? What about reds and pinks? The purples and teals combination is too dark for me. Grays with a splash of red? Any other ideas about colors?

To anyone out of the states that can't get this pattern (or any others), I would be happy to order for you. I have done this before to help someone in Ireland. So if I can do this for you, let me know. I buy the pattern, you paypal or mail me the money and I send it to you! :) What are friends for!:manyheart

Oh heather, they're both gorgeous!

To those thinking about starting this pattern, GO FOR IT! It is time consuming but it isn't hard at all. If you can do sc and dc, you can make this. If you look through the thread, this has been made in alot of different color combos. It'll work with just about any combo you can think of. We're all in different stages now. Some of us are almost done and some are just starting. Feel free to jump in anytime!

Heather, they are both magnificent. Truly.

I echo Christina's sentiment. I finished mine a month ago... it took me 2 1/2 years, due to pregnancy and an ill child... but I DID finish. It was one of the best things I could do for my confidence in crochet. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, and then it just all came together. It's simple stitches that we do all the time. If you've done a granny square... you can do this.

I agree with Christina and Kathyrn. There's always someone starting and always someone finishing jump in!!

It's really neat to spread it out and look at what you've done. Like Kathyrn says it really boosts your confidance.

Archived