Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have gotten started and already having issue. The Pentagons are causing me to use to much hand muscles. I am having to use smaller hooks then what the patten calls for to get the guage and it is killing me to make those day Pentogons. (having to use an F hook for them and even then the guage is bigger then what it calls for) I'll be lucky to get one done a day with the pain it is causing my hands.

Well I have gotten started and already having issue. The Pentagons are causing me to use to much hand muscles. I am having to use smaller hooks then what the patten calls for to get the guage and it is killing me to make those day Pentogons. (having to use an F hook for them and even then the guage is bigger then what it calls for) I'll be lucky to get one done a day with the pain it is causing my hands.

I only used a single strand of yarn for those because of the same problem.

Good Morning all!

I am now ready to join this CAL!! :-)

I finally got my pattern. I was tempted to ask some one for the first Octagon instructions just so I could say I got started. (I know---we can't do that!)

I got the octagon completed and and on the third pentagon. I am not to crazy about the double yarn either! I am going to try to put them together like post 1672 talks about. I don't know how I will like having to sew the pieces together.

Check in later.

I only have my center piece done and one of the other pieces. Have not been able to crochet the last few days cause of the bad cramps and pain my hands are in.

Maybe in a few days I can get back at it.

Hope so cause I am itching to work on this one. lol

Hi Slowcrochter

It looks like it's you and me. I got all 8 of my pentagons completed last night. I have to fold clothes this evening and try to get a little exercise in. And if there is time I will work on my afghan. Hope your hands are getting better. Is it the weather? I have stiff hands too. My doctor told me to bend them backwards as far as I can to stretch the tendons. It really helps me.

Check in later. Have a good night.

Hi,

I'm here too, but I'm a passive lurker for a while yet.

I'm going to start crocheting eventually, but in the meantime I stay here and see what problems and joys you experience.

Every time I get a Cathedral Window mail I :bang for not getting started.

Some day.....

Hello to the three of you- I have been lurking too.

I am on the third row past the first row of popcorns. Slow and steady is an understatement as I am not carrying ( just didn't look right with the yarns I chose ) the colors.

I have to stick with this since I am eager to see the finished project. I will admit that I'm itching to start another less mindful project so I can switch back and forth during the olympics.

Okay, it's confirmed, I am in too. Nice to meet you all. :waving

Shelley

Hello eveyone

First...Heather those are stunning!

I havent been around for most of the summer. My excuse is that Ive been making other afghans, and Im closer to getting back to mt CRW.

I think I will be back to looking at C'ville again.

Lisa

As everyone gets to know me, you all will realize that the obvious is not where I tend to go....LOL Seems that I have to take the long way around things, and end up feeling like a real dork at times.

Anyhow thanks so much for the link and I cannot wait for the pattern to get here!!!!

I am of for more :crocheting

Okay, i've just broken down and ordered the pattern...

I sitll think you guys are crazy!

But now i'll be crazy with you:cheer

(although I have ALOT of WIP's to finish before I even THINK about starting!!!)

I started mine a couple of weeks ago and have been able to work on it pretty steady. We are having some remodeling work done so I have sat and crocheted all day for about a week. The pattern is not that hard if you read BEFORE you start a row. I am just starting the valleys. That might prove to be a little bit more of a problem.

Hopefully will have a picture in a couple of more weeks.

Charlotte

I still plan to take my time even if I am a late comer. lol

But so far everyone is right, reading the pattern is the hard part. But if you don't look ahead and just look at what your working on and take it easy it is not all that hard. No fancy stitches.

But still can't turn on the TV while I work on this one. lol

Archived