Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

I'm on the last row! It should be done today I hope then when I get a nice sunny day I guess I'll just have to lay them out in the yard to get a good photo of them.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll try to get photos in the next day or so. I want to lay them out and get together and seperate photos of them.

I'll wait for Christmas to give my sister hers. :D

Well I ordered this patern. So guess that means I have to make one. Affter the ripple is done.

I don't care for black. All the dog hair and cat hair in the house runs for it. lol

So going with the off white. I have some in my stach and I know Ill have to buy some varagated but the other I should have in my stash too.

Has anyone done one of these in light colors? After looking at about 25 pages I got tired. lol

Good Afternoon all you Cathedral Window enthusiasts!!! Could I join you also??? I have spent "several hours" reading posts from the beginning (2005) to today. I may have missed a few thousand posts in-between, but the enthusiasm has been strong since the beginning. I stayed up late last night and read/laughed and sighed at the pictures and problems and triumphs.

I feel like I am on a "Final Frontier" taking this on. This is the ultimate challenge!

I waited until this afternoon to order the pattern. I wanted to make SURE I really wanted to do this.

I am going to HL this Wednesday or Thursday and will hopefully find the "right" colors.

May I ask some questions?

Is the entire piece crocheted as smaller pieces and then sown together?

At some point do you crochet as a RR?

How does the ILTY work for those who used it in this pattern?

Any suggestions on a certain type of crochet hook? A larger handle, bamboo, aluminum, plastic??

I hope to find the yarn I pick on sale. It sounds like it could get spendy.

Each of you is an inspiration to some one like me.

Beam me up Scotty!

Hi Timeflies!

I'm using the ILTY and it is working beautifully. Its soft but sturdy.

The middle section is basically done in pieces with the black triangles to form the points between the pentagons as the last individuals pieces to sew on until you get to the heptagons (?) later. You just work in rounds until you get to that point.

Also, I have used an aluminum hook and recently switched to the soft touch hook which I prefer. The aluminum works fine though.

Good luck :)

Its a fun and challenging pattern...

Sassykat, your CRW looks wonderful so far!

Timeflies, please jump in! Some parts are done in pieces and sewn but large parts are worked in the round too. Its a good mix.

Timeflies, please jump in! Some parts are done in pieces and sewn but large parts are worked in the round too. Its a good mix.

Based on all the 164+ pages of this thread and everyone saying how easy this one is...I ordered this pattern and the 6pt star rr pattern from Annie's Attic last night. Should I be laughing or crying yet? :lol:lol:lol

So for all of you experienced crocheters out there - never fear the questions will be flying if this is really a stinking hard pattern to follow! :hug

Easy for experienced advanced crocheters is my bet. lol What about those of use still stuck doing intermediate at best? lol

I sure hope I have not taken on more then I can handle.

While I've been crocheting for 25ish years, I don't consider myself advanced at all. If I see the letters FPDC or BPDC, I've been known to run screaming from a room.:lol

If I was able to do this, so can you!

While I've been crocheting for 25ish years, I don't consider myself advanced at all. If I see the letters FPDC or BPDC, I've been known to run screaming from a room.:lol

If I was able to do this, so can you!

Me too! I won't even say how badly I botched a honeycomb purse because of those blasted FPDCs!

I don't consider myself advanced either.

Based on all the 164+ pages of this thread and everyone saying how easy this one is...I ordered this pattern and the 6pt star rr pattern from Annie's Attic last night. Should I be laughing or crying yet? :lol:lol:lol

So for all of you experienced crocheters out there - never fear the questions will be flying if this is really a stinking hard pattern to follow! :hug

Welcome! Glad you jumped in!

Slowcrocheter~I don't think this pattern is really hard as much as it makes you really take your time and read the directions and fallow them to the T. I have had to ripe out my fair share lately due to miss reading. O and I don't consider myself advanced either.

Just started mine last night. Hopefully will be able to finish it by Christmas as a surprise for my daughter. Have been "lurking" on this post for awhile to get my nerve up to try it. Will probably be asking for HELP along the way.

Ladies~i have a question for you all. How many stitches were left open between the valleys in the third section. I have filled in a couple of them and there are a different amount between each of them.

Ladies~i have a question for you all. How many stitches were left open between the valleys in the third section. I have filled in a couple of them and there are a different amount between each of them.

I honestly don't remember. :think

Archived