Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

Good luck Kathryn! I know it will win...nothing else can beat your CRW!!

No, the color is RH ocean. I took that picture last night about 3 am :eek because I just couldn't put it down. It was dark and the colors came out darker in the pic than they really are.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavans bless anyone brave enough to attempt this one ! I LOVE this pattern, but fear I will always admire from afar!

and CrisKad, thats GORGEOUS!

Kathyrn Good luck at the Fair!! I know it has to win something!

Christina that looks great!! I'm going to sit down to work on mine in just a few mins.

New here..but i just started this afghan 2 days ago. I am on the first popcorn round, but it is taking forever. I am using 3 solids instead of 2, my colors are Red heart's Monet, Light Plum, Light Blue, Light Yellow. My goal is to finish this in less than a month. (Sorry the pic is so huge, I don't know how to re-size it.)IMG_0703.jpg

:yay My first one is DONE!!! I'll have a pic later since it was 10:30 pm when I finished.

Now to get my 2nd one done. I'm doing the joining of the big heptagons, the round after it and the half circles at the same time :lol Can you tell I'm ready to be done with it? :D

heather that is really the way to do it. I wish I would have done that with the first round of heptagons. i think I would have felt more like I was making progress that way.

Way to go everyone for finishing!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

:clap:yayCONGRATULATIONS!!!!:cheer

That's great. I can't wait to see the pictures of both of them! (and your 2nd one too Heather).

How in the world did you join them, do the round after, AND do the half circles all at the same time?

Here she is in all her glory! It measure 81" across. That's more than 7 feet. Holy cow!

The light isn't the greatest, but the colors are pretty accurate in the picture. Like Kathryn said, this is a huge self esteem boost as far as crochet goes. If I can do this, I can do anything. :D

2667229711_433d046fce.jpg

The best part is...all the ends are woven in!!!

WOW WOW WOW:clap:clap:clap

That is so gorgeous.

I need to get going on the ones I am making, but have two other projects that need to be infinished first.

So beautiful. I just want to continue staring at it.

Christina, just curious, how much do you figure it cost to make it.

I'd say it cost me about 60 bucks in yarn. I used all RHSS, except for the light blue, which was baby soft.

Kathryn, its for my hubby. He wants to hang it. We just need to figure out how to hang it. That might be more difficult than the afghan itself!

That's breath taking Christina!!! :yay Love those colors.

I wanted to hang ours too but don't think it will fit on my wall so we're just going to lay it on our bed for a summer bedcover.

I still haven't gotten a photo of mine yet :sigh hopefully today.

It's real easy to do them all as you go. I just sew on 3 or so heptagons then continue the black around them then go back and do the half circle then on to the next 3 or so :)

I can't find a good place to take a pic of it. :lol It's too dark in the house and nowhere really good outside. :sigh I hope to figure it out soon.

Archived