Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

charlotte~That is the problem I have. I don't read it correctly and then get to frog. :) I have set this aside for now as I am in the crochet olympics. I also needed the break as I am having issues with the third section (I think I am remembering that right).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so excited!! Today I got the pattern ordered AND my mom took 1 look at the patter and has decided to try it with me! This will be the first time that we attempt to do something like this together. I am thrilled.

What I am NOT thrilled about is that she is making me finish all of my UFO's:(

Talk about motivation.........

LOL Believe me it is more like puling teeth...LOL

She is making a king size afghan for my brother and refuses to start anything until her current project is finished. She has always been like that. I am biding my time so that we can start this together. Besides I really do need to finish up a few of the thins that I started

My Goodness---Hi every one!!! Slocrocheter, Looks like we got some good company!! I got my pentagons sewn to the octogan. I did that while watching the olympics Wednesday night.

Thursday night was a busy, busy night. We packed my DD up and moved her to college already.We left at 5:30 this morning and I got back about 6:30 this evening. Cried half the way home!!! She's my baby and my only girl.

Tomorrow I am going to pick up and vacuum her room and clean the rest of the house too. And then I am going to crochet up a storm!! I want to crochet the black triangle directly on to the pentagons like some other ladies talked about a few posts back.

Does everyones center and the pentagons "puff up"? Is it supposed to make it look sort of 3D? Or is my stitching too tight? I hope not. That would be too depressing.

I got to get another load in the washing machine. Talk to you tomorrow.

I'm back! I started this last fall I think and quit before I barely got started so I could make Christmas gifts. I'd like to restart this soon, gotta find where I put it......

I am so excited about this afghan! (So is my mom) Dad got home Friday night and we could not wait to show it to him. His eyes about bugged out of his head when he saw it, and guess what he did........:blush

He sent us to the store with his money to go and get yarn for it!!! :c9Then Saturday he bought mom & I crochet organizers for our yarn!! My dad is the coolest!!!:manyheart

Now I am just waiting for Mom to finish the afghan that she is doing (she is about 1/3 the way finished) so that we can get started!!:hook

Ok, I'm in. I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to get it figured out, but I got some great help in another post. It only took about three tries and pulling it all out and starting over about 4 times, but I think I'm ok now. I'm past the pentagons (decided to pull them all out and redo them to lay flat :bang) and I added the no sew triangles, pulled them out, frogged it twice and I think I'm happy with it now. :thair Thought I was gonna have an aneurysm last night trying to get it to my liking!

My living room looks like a yarn massacre with all the pentagons I frogged and started over and all the ends and pieces from starting over that many times!:lol

Pictures in a couple days of my progress once I can look at it without getting a little woozy! :D

:hook Colleen

Ok, I'm in. I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to get it figured out, but I got some great help in another post. It only took about three tries and pulling it all out and starting over about 4 times, but I think I'm ok now. I'm past the pentagons (decided to pull them all out and redo them to lay flat :bang) and I added the no sew triangles, pulled them out, frogged it twice and I think I'm happy with it now. :thair Thought I was gonna have an aneurysm last night trying to get it to my liking!

My living room looks like a yarn massacre with all the pentagons I frogged and started over and all the ends and pieces from starting over that many times!:lol

Pictures in a couple days of my progress once I can look at it without getting a little woozy! :D

Yarn massacre made me laugh! :lol

Ok, after my rough start, I've been crusing for the last couple rounds. I have a baaaaaaad feeling that when I get to the next section it'll be another all night marathon getting it to my liking!

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9aqsY5DzOIIrN&size=m

Colleen -

Keep at it, it really isn't that hard. Just be sure to read the instructions GOOD before you start a round. I am at the valleys. I am staying with my grandkids for 10 days, and have decided not to attempt them with all the distractions. Working on another Christmas project that is a no brainer!!

Charlotte

My pattern came yesterday...

I have SSSOOOOO many things on my plate that need to be finished up before I get to start - working on clearing the WIP pile - then ....*sigh*...it's all about the CRW!!

Archived