Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tia, I wanted to do the purple instead of black also; I'm so glad you are doing it. Those colors look really great together, and homespun is nice to work with.

I found more black! in my stash (after doing a couple of rows of the eggplant) so I'm on the last row. But instead of the shell edging, I'm repeating the puff stitch as the edge.

Yes, I really love Homespun. I sure hope I don't run out of any yarn, I bought all that a year ago....probably can't get the same dye lots now. :sigh

I got all the pieces in the first section made and was putting them together and they weren't looking right...so I took it all apart. :irk

I'll post a pic of it as soon as I get it right.

Thank you craziebunny. Lion Brand Suede is a soft chenille.

Heather, I'm glad you like it. I can't even imagine doing two of these at once and you did an excellent job.

Looking forward to see everyone's progress!

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this pattern is just dragging on and on for me! I put it away for awhile to work on the Special Olympic scarves and just got it back out recently. Not moving real fast at all. I'm hoping by Thanksgiving to have made real progress, if not finished it. I've got other things to work on!!

I've got my large heptagons made, except for the last row of edging on them. Then the challenge of attaching them.

And I swear if one judge says "It looks like a tablecloth" like they did about last year's round ripple, I can't be held responsible for my actions!:lol

get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.23084869&folder=NewMail&partId=4

get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.23084869&folder=NewMail&partId=5

[/url]

:hook Colleen

Colleen, I can't see your pictures either.

I finished mine and just need to find a floor big enough to take a picture. It is 100 inches across! What happened there? I thought it was supposed to be 78 or so. I want to hang it on the wall behind a stairwell but the wall is only 84. My husband kept telling me to stop so it would fit the wall but I had the color sequence laid out and wanted to follow the whole pattern. Not sure what to do now. :(

I finished in a little over a month and the secret is to NOT put it away. Leave it in your living room, taking up all kinds of space, and staring you in the face when you feel like straying. :P

(I attached the heptagons by slip stitching them in with one continuous thread of yarn and the h hook. I crocheted through the front loops. Looks very neat with a slight ridge. I think easier than sewing.)

I can see them and they look great!

Thanks! I was beginning to think that the pictures that only I could see were kind of like those voices in my head that only I can hear.....:lol:lol

:hookColleen

Archived