Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found the picture of this afghan and getting ready to order it. Will there be a new CAL for it? I want to make it but want somebody right there beside me to help. Please let me know. Thanks all and for being my :cheer

Jenny

This CAL is still open and going. Just post a question anytime and someone will help you. :D

I'm sure some people are still working on theirs. I might even attempt another one in thread so I can hang it on my wall.:think

Hi Everyone! Sorry I almost never post here, more of a lurker. I see a lot of Cathedral Rose Window afghans here that I've seen in the Ravelry notebooks. I have not uploaded any of my actual pics yet (maybe tonight, I hope) but thanks to this CAL I was able to plan my colors a lot easier. Here is a picture of my color choices:

Color_Planning_a_2__medium.jpg

The actual yellow and orange I am using is much brighter. I'll update when I get those pictures uploaded. Right now I am a couple rows past the first popcorn row (can't wait for the big row of that....not). The pattern is addictive!

I am making it to auction off to send my daughter on a trip through the People to People Student Ambassador program next Summer. I am actually hoping to make at least two by then. You can read more about my progress at my blog too.

Thanks everyone for all the inspiration and the helpful links. I actually added the Crochetville Notes page to the Ravelry pattern page for this pattern....so helpful! :ty

I just found the picture of this afghan and getting ready to order it. Will there be a new CAL for it? I want to make it but want somebody right there beside me to help. Please let me know. Thanks all and for being my :cheer

Jenny

Oh, please, please, pretty please start up again! I'm too much of a coward to try it (boooooo!) but I LOVE looking at your photos! Your ghans are SO pretty! :hook

I uploaded my progress so far last night. :yay

CRW_002_medium.jpgCRW_003_medium.jpg

CRW_004_medium.jpg

I started working on the peaks last night, but after reading the three rounds a few times and writing it out with symbols I think I'm going to end up with my own way of working that part up. I've been doing pretty good at following the directions to this point, except for the triangles in which I followed the notes you guys posted (thank you again!). I'm typically not so good with following directions. I am more of a visual do as you see kinda person.

I hope anyone else working on this posts too. I think someone posted somewhere in this huge thread that this kind of CAL was an ongoing thing because people are constantly inspired by the work posted here. So if you decide to start up too keep up posted! There were a couple people on the CP:) list that said they were inspired to start one too.

This CAL is still open and going. Just post a question anytime and someone will help you. :D

I'm sure some people are still working on theirs. I might even attempt another one in thread so I can hang it on my wall.:think

Good idea, maybe I'll try it in fingering weight wool to make it small enough to hang on a wall. :)

Looking good, HappyHooking!

Thanks hseger! Over the weekend I "finished" the 16 heptagons...still need the sc of black around each one. After I get those all attached I'll post another pic.

Lavenderwings, hope you can post pics too....love to see the color choices.

:eekHoly Moly:eek I just read this entire thread..all 187 pages...last night and today. I loved seeing all the pics and reading the joys and frustrations of working on this magnificent ghan. I bought my yarn though so as soon as I finish Blaze's valentine treatbag/backpack then I will begin on this. I am so excited but scared too! Someone tell me I can do this.:coo

Sounds nice I tried to get a close to the original colors but instead of gemstone I used bonbon its more pink than the gemstone but still pretty. I have took pics I just need to upload them I hope to do that today.

I agree we need to keep this CAL on the first page so keep posting everyone.

Bon Bob is pretty! I bet that will be beautiful. I like the original but I like lighter more muted colors. I have always loved the Monet print but didn't know what to make with it so now I am using it for this. I hope it turns out like what is in my head...lol!

:eekHoly Moly:eek I just read this entire thread..all 187 pages...last night and today. I loved seeing all the pics and reading the joys and frustrations of working on this magnificent ghan. I bought my yarn though so as soon as I finish Blaze's valentine treatbag/backpack then I will begin on this. I am so excited but scared too! Someone tell me I can do this.:coo

:faint If you can read this whole thread you can do this ghan! :lol

You can do it I know. :cheer:cheer

Archived