Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

WOW! Just stopping in to see some pics. This is one of my favorite ghans! I've never made it, and not sure I ever will, but they are all BEAUTIFUL!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok here is my attempt at linking photos

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/crashys241/catherdal%20rose%20afghan/

Ok it works I have to use a password on this ....long story but for this album it will be morris

I like the purple too!

I got sick, and now I am feeling better....but just very unmotivated.

I need to pick her back up again. Trying to perk up about it all, but honestly I just wanna take a loooooong nap! :morcoffee

I like the purple too!

I got sick, and now I am feeling better....but just very unmotivated.

I need to pick her back up again. Trying to perk up about it all, but honestly I just wanna take a loooooong nap! :morcoffee

Glad your feeling better just remember tomorrow is another day:cheer

I need to post another pic as well I just can not seem to get to it.

I agree about the nap it is my fav hobby:clap

I started on this a long time ago thenput it up. Well I am back at it again :hook.

First a bit of a rant.. When I puchased the yarn way back when, I did order enough to do the whole afghan and a little extra. I try to order extra because I crochet loosely. I ordered 8 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in Gemstone. When it came there were 2 prepacks of 3 skeins and 2 loose skeins. No problem right?

I made the middle octagon and 8 large heptagons with the 2 loose skeins, then opened the package and finished the large heptagons and happily got the first section done. I did the pyramids and columns so far so good. When I started attaching the large heptagons I discovered that the 2 seperate skeins were different than the other 6. There is a navy blue in the 2 :eek and not in the other 6!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWheptagons.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWthemiddle.jpg

GRRRRR. There was no way I was going to frog this darn thing. With all the piece work it would have ruined a good portion of the afghan. Since I had eight of 1 color & 8 of another I did the only thing I could do and sewed the heptagons on changing every other one. w/blue, w/o blue, w/blue, w/o blue tec until all 16 were on there.

Here's my progress so far, such as it is.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWsofar.jpg

Thanks for looking. I am a bit disappointed but I am going to live with the results. At least it's not horrible... or is it? :think

Sheryl

I started on this a long time ago thenput it up. Well I am back at it again :hook.

First a bit of a rant.. When I puchased the yarn way back when, I did order enough to do the whole afghan and a little extra. I try to order extra because I crochet loosely. I ordered 8 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in Gemstone. When it came there were 2 prepacks of 3 skeins and 2 loose skeins. No problem right?

I made the middle octagon and 8 large heptagons with the 2 loose skeins, then opened the package and finished the large heptagons and happily got the first section done. I did the pyramids and columns so far so good. When I started attaching the large heptagons I discovered that the 2 seperate skeins were different than the other 6. There is a navy blue in the 2 :eek and not in the other 6!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWheptagons.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWthemiddle.jpg

GRRRRR. There was no way I was going to frog this darn thing. With all the piece work it would have ruined a good portion of the afghan. Since I had eight of 1 color & 8 of another I did the only thing I could do and sewed the heptagons on changing every other one. w/blue, w/o blue, w/blue, w/o blue tec until all 16 were on there.

Here's my progress so far, such as it is.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w3/sheryljak/CRWsofar.jpg

Thanks for looking. I am a bit disappointed but I am going to live with the results. At least it's not horrible... or is it? :think

Sheryl

That's terrible that the yarn was different but I really like it like that! It looks like it turned out to be a very happy accident!

• 3 weeks later...

I just found my missing copy of this pattern!!! I was getting ready to order a new one. I have the centers all the way to the first pocorns done on two yes I said two of them. Both are in diffrent colors. I will post pictures when I figure out what my twins did with my camera again. If any one is still looking for this pattern you can buy a "e- copy" from annies attic now. They will send it straight to your in box. :yay

Glad you found the pattern!! I am stuck at the row that goes over the half rounds. Can anyone explain it better? Is the pattern supposed to be different when you get to the circles? like on one circle the pattern goes DC across half circle well when you do everything on the next circle you endup doin SC there instead. I dont think I am reading it right.

Glad you found the pattern!! I am stuck at the row that goes over the half rounds. Can anyone explain it better? Is the pattern supposed to be different when you get to the circles? like on one circle the pattern goes DC across half circle well when you do everything on the next circle you endup doin SC there instead. I dont think I am reading it right.

Have you figured this out yet? I think you just need to read the pattern more carfully. I know when I do work on this (has become a very slow wip) that I can make mistakes just from reading it wrong. Which I think is what you are doing. Let me know if I can try and help you more.

Have you figured this out yet? I think you just need to read the pattern more carfully. I know when I do work on this (has become a very slow wip) that I can make mistakes just from reading it wrong. Which I think is what you are doing. Let me know if I can try and help you more.

I know you need to read each word then read it again. I am taking a few days off I been thinking about it tho!!! I think I got it figured out in my head now but time will tell.:yay

Before I sign up, I want to see if I can get yarn here in town. I am thinking of fall colors. Green, mixed, burnt orange, red, gold. See what I can find.

Those colors sound pretty. I have not started mine again I have been teaching myself to make gloves pretty simple and I am trying my hand at knitting, I think knitting is weird!!! I will get used to it but I think I still like one hook better:hook

Archived