Cathedral Window-CAL

Chatty

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well after letting this sit on my couch for months on end again, I am almost finished. I am sewing the smaller heptagons on right now. I will be so happy when I am finally finished. :clap It's been 2 years of on/off work. I really need to learn how to concentrate. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went out last night and picked up some yarn and started the first octagon and after reading all the concerns over row 4+5 I was totally confused because I skipped no stitches at all and had 40 and 48 then realized I was crocheting in the spaces between DC instead of the top of the stitch, newbie crocheter and started with grannies if that explains why I did that, I looks good with my error and I am leaving it as is. Row 6 however needs to be worked in the top stitch to come out with the right count.

• 1 month later...

It's not difficult or anything, just time consuming. I'm forcing myself through it because it has potential to turn into one of those projects that hang out in the closet forever. Kind of like the Pam's Comfort Cables afghan. :lol

• 3 months later...
Hi, guys. I actually started this afghan myself just a little while ago. I'm just having trouble starting the first round on the second section. The wording on the pattern is confusing me terribly. I'm making it for a friend, though.

I'll do my best to remember to check my pattern when I get home this evening. Hopefully I can get it sorted out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love it if you could, thanks! ^^ I just can't figure out how to start it off. I can't see what the pattern-maker needed there.

Let's see if I can write this so it makes sense. So, you have sewed on the triangles from the end of the first section, right? The very first stitch of the second section is going to be place in between any two triangles that you just attached. Join your yarn there, make the stitch, then, place the remaining stitches between those triangles and start working across the triangles. When you get to the next section, you'll drop down in between triangles again and work around.

Make sense?

Oooooh. I think I get it. So you do the equivalent of 2 dcs in the space between the triangles, and then you do the slope up, then back down, and do 3 dcs between the next two. Thanks so much! This is my first time doing an intermediate level afghan, so I'm sorry if my question seemed self-evident.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a message on FB to come and check in if I still want to be involved in this CAL or I will be dropped...Sure want to be a part of this CAL...please don't drop me :)

Kathy who, I have not got that email. I may get to start this Doily this year. We have to get moved first etc....

I am on here and the one over Facebook. I love reading the problems and other stuff everyone is saying about this project.

Got a message on FB to come and check in if I still want to be involved in this CAL or I will be dropped...Sure want to be a part of this CAL...please don't drop me :)

Are you sure it was for this CAL? I've never heard of anyone on this site being dropped from any CAL whether they are active or not. Strange!

So Sorry~~~~It was about the Cathedral Window CAL Group on Facebook~~~Starting off 2012 with a Bang!!! :) Thank you Ladies and Happy New Year!

I'm on that Faceboook page, so went to check it out i, it asked me at the top of the page if I still wanted to be a member after it gets archived something like that. I clicked yes. There was 1 person who has completed theirs and posted a picture. its pretty.

Archived