How many crafts do you know?

I started this wonderful world of craft making by teaching myself how to crochet, next came knitting which I’m still learning and not very good at LOL. Next on the horizon I believe it’s going to be tatting or macramé… haven’t decided which will come next but creating crafts not only keeps you busy but does brighten up your wardrobe, your house and you never run out of gifts for others!

How many crafts do you know? And do you have a favorite?

I can make piles of paper in any room in the house!

Seriously, crocheting was something I taught myself as my other ventures have been in creating things that only stay in one's memories. I wanted something I could do with my hands and when finished, would give me something I could touch.

Do you count cutting hair, cooking, washing, typing, bookkeeping, taking others to the doctor or the grocery store, gardening, lawn care, cleaning the house, earning a living, etc.?

I must be in a serious mood tonite. The skill and artistry required to live life gracefully and victoriously is indeed a craft. It must be learned, honed, and perfected.

Here's to enjoying the process. Thanks to all of you who bring beauty and usefulness together.

well where should I start......crochet is my favorite, but I can do ceramics from mixing and pouring the molds firing painting them and firing again if glazed. I do plastic canvas, cross stitch, embroidery, bow making, floral arrangements, some things with woodworking, candy making, latch hook, paint by number, stenciling, glass painting, fabric painting (on t-shirts etc). I am sure there are a few others that I am leaving out, but crochet is the main one that I do. The others I take in spells and some I don't do at all anymore simply because of the lack of time and others I don't really enjoy.

Crochet - the thing I am addicted to right now - 38 years

Knit - only done slippers and hats - 29 years

Embrodery (?) - pillow cases and towels - 38 years

Cross Stitch - won a few blue ribbons in my day - 27 years

Sew - I can make almost anything, my kids are a hoot around Halloween

Tole Painting - not that great

Ceramics - not that great

I make Christmas wreaths, garden, arrange flowers for weddings (bouquets, corsages, etc)

Well, I hate to say it but I will try anything at least once. I have worked on my car, plumbing, painting and wall paper also. My hubby says I am "domesticated" what ever that means. LOL

I know how to knit a little but haven't made anything.

I make some digital graphics, signature cards, and digital scrapbook.

I sew a little and made a few things.

I make small crafty/glue type things.

I have made some bead bracelets and charm type bracelets.

Crossed stitched once.

Embroidered once.

Some decopaging.

Made a bunch of hair bows for my daughter.

A little tye dye, shirt painting, and tote bag stamping.

I'm sure there's more. I need to make myself a detailed list. LOL

Lets see, crocheting, sewing, cross stitch, hardanger embroidery,i was shown how to tat but never did anything w/ it, macrame, weaving, beading, candle making, wood working, fabric painting, friendly plastic, some leather working, etc. I cant think of them at the moment though, lol. too late brain too tired i guess :)

sandy

Crocheting

Art and Design (My Favorite) : Sketching, done tons of clip art, computer layout, design of all sorts, wire sculpting, framing, box designing, card designing, Computerized Art - Magnet Art, etc)

Painting (mostly acrylics, some oil, would love to learn watercolor)

Tole Painting, Candle Making,

Wood Working - Cutting, finishing and painting

Sculpting, Doll Making, Sewing, General Crafting

Some Origami, Calligraphy,

And I am going to try Cloth Doll Needle Sculpting here shortly.

Just need more time!!! :)

crochet

knitting

cross stitch

needlepoint

crewel work

latch hook

macrame

beading

sculpting ceramics

fuse beads

sewing

i want to learn woodworking and carving

wow what a question! I don't really have any favorites, just some that I've spent more time on. I tend to go in spurts with different kinds of crafts/hobbies. I've done: crocheting, kniting, painted models, sewing, tatting, beading (jewlery), sculpting, sugar art (my profession), quilting, embordery, cross stitch, paper molding, water color painting, fabric painting, stained glass painting, scrapbooking, card making, basket making (with paper), decopaging, plastic canvas, punched metal work, and more that I can't remember right now.

Well, I'm a try crafter, I'll try anything once. And it seems to go in cycles.

I do cross stitch, crocheting, knitting, beading. DIY is a big thing, making things out of old stuff.

I've tried bobbin lace, tatting, tunisian crochet, silver clay and paper crafts but I didn't continue these.

At the moment I'm stuck on crocheting bead cord.

Wow, this really forced me to think. I'm sure I left something out.....

Crochet is my passion, but I also know how to knit, tat, ctd x stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, candlewicking, sewing. I just never seem to get enough time to do anything but crochet, although I have many other wips besides crochet.

The first thing I learned was crochet, when I was 8. Then I learned counted cross-stitch. I've done a little of the uncounted kind, but I hate it. I prefer the counted kind. I also like plastic canvas and drawing. (Does drawing count as a craft?) I can hand-sew, although I've only made a banner for my church and couple doll blankets, and I'm learning to use a machine. I learned to knit at the beginning of the year. I also write poetry and stories, but I'm not sure if those would count as "crafts" either... :D I also make things from polymer clay - food (for my dolls), jewelry, little things I need for Sunday School, eyes for my amigarumi - and I enjoy making beaded jewelry.

Crocheting is my favorite of all time.

I have knitted, done ceramics, done macrame', paper art, rug making, plastic canvas, some sewing, and beading.

But I always return to crochet.

:manyheart

My favorite is crocheting, But I love to paint ceramics, airbrushing, candlemaking, decopauging, photogrophy, paper crafts, wood working, jewelery making, actually I love all crafts. There are more crafts I want to learn, but I love to create things.

Here is my list,

Crocheting and knitting are at the top followed by:

Plastic Canvas needlepoint

crossstitching

toll painting

beadworking (placemats and the likes)

jewelry making

scrap booking

some sewing (although not very good at it)

Ceramics

candle making

soap making

Candy making (not sure if this qualifies as a craft - but eveyone loves my peppermint bark)

flower arranging (mostly silks - wreaths, door and wall hangings)

I think that covers most of them.

crochet, knit (also not very good, and I get bored with it easily), counted cross stitch, sewing. Mostly crochet now. It goes quickly and makes great gifts for loved ones.

My favorite is machine sewing and embroidery. I also (obviously) love to crochet. I cross-stitch and quilt, have done some ribbon embroidery. I can't get the knack of knitting and I have tried punch-needle embroidery, but don't care for it.

I'll try nearly anything once.

My favorites are crochet, quilting, sewing, making jewelry, and counted cross stitch.

I also scrapbook, know how to knit, have hooked a few rugs, have done some needlepoint, embroidery, and macrame.

I love to crochet of course, cross stitch, quilting, floral arrangments & wreaths, making beaded bracelets and necklaces, silver clay (PMC), stained glass pieces, soldered jewelry, anything having to do with a glue gun, general crafting, primitives.

Lets see

My mom taught me to embroider when I was about 5 and I still do it occasionally, Ihave been working on a table cloth for about 4 years.

I can hook rugs

I love doing paper crafts, ATC's greeting cards, home made post cards, bookmarks and little bit of altering.

I went to night school about 32 years ago to learn to crochet and have been doing that ever since.

A few years ago, I took a beginner's knitting class. I can make scarves

ellen

Archived