My dh is "mad" at you all *Updated With Pic

Okay so he's not really serious, but...

I read the posts earlier about the Bernat 4 on sale for .99 at Michaels. Well I had been buying some at 1.49 so of course I had to go check it out on my lunch break because I was afraid to wait until after work because I knew it would all be gone. There was quite a bit gone already but $49.00 later I'm back at work!

Dh's response..."No more Crochetville for you" I'm sure he was only joking right? lol

Luckily he's great about my crochet and as long as I keep it put away he could care less. I'll post a picture later of everything I got b/c I have to go to the next town over later (for a legitimate reason) and of course I just might need to stop at their Michaels while I'm there! :devil

Okay here is the picture of what I bought earlier. There is

2 Soft Taupe 5 Periwinkle Blue

2 Natural 5 Seascape Ombre

3 Dark Oxford 6 Black

3 Pink Rose 11 Deep Forest Green

4 Geranium

4 Teal

th_DSC02125.jpg

Man I am moving. Whenever I go to my Michaels, the sales shelves are empty.:(

Great find guys and tell hubby you could be spending it on something that he can't benifit from.:hook

Same here. I can never find sale yarn at Micheal. Well maybe once in a long while, but it's usually something I don't want (like fancy fur).

ok I made it to Michaels today and I bought 8 soft forest green, 6 burnt orange, 3 butterscotch and 3 teal ( for my favorite color swap partner). I may have to go to the other Michael's tomorrow and see what they have.

I know what to do. Tell your hubby it is for your poor new found friend in Canada, who is no where near a michaels store!!!!!!

I have never been to a A C Moore store or BenFranklin or any of the other stores you have down there in the states.

YOu all are so lucky in the states to have so many craft stores to pick from!!!

Teapot:manyheart

$49, that's not so bad! :lol Tell your husband that it could've been worse--I went to Michaels on Monday (well, the whole neighborhood had a blackout while I was in the store, we were ushered out, and told to come back later...so I ended up going back Tuesday morning) and bought nearly $80 worth of that clearance yarn!

I got a sweaters' worth (7 skeins) each of yellow, red, blue, and light purple. (Sorry, I don't have it in front of me to give the exact color names). I also stocked up on tons of white because I really hate the grey-looking white of Simply Soft these days, plus tons of skeins of the other colors.

I felt SO bad, but at the same time, so good that I got such good deals! I haven't told my husband yet... He wants to buy himself a $1200 laptop so I figure, what's $70-some-odd? :D

Nope don't worry I'm over here in Texas so I won't rob you of yours! Sorry to anyone in Midland/Odessa though!

Thank you, I found one Michael's where it was .99 cents and bought 15 skeins. Went to another Michael's just a few miles away and still $1.49 so I just bought two skeins of the color I needed. Thanks for the tip and for not poaching my Arizona Michael's! :lol

You can show hubby this is a nice yarn for an excellent price, not a frivolous yarn for a ridiculous price.

Anyway, there are ways around husband upsets. When I was first married to my second hubby, he was grumbling about me buying a sewing machine. I already knew how to sew and the machine was actually modestly priced, but he didn't stop complaining. I decided to nip this in the bud by making something for him before making my planned projects.

I remembered he'd said he always wanted to have a flannel nightshirt, so I made one. I found a pattern with long sleeves, button cuffs and a chest pocket. It was no harder to make than a nightgown, and when I gave it to him, he was stunned! He didn't know what to say. He just kept asking over and over "You made this for ME?"

That was the end of the complaining about the sewing machine.

:cheer Great score!! There's a Michael's in the town where I work, which is about 30 miles away - also a JoAnn's. I guess because I make the drive all week, I detest going on a weekend. Should've checked Michael's after work this week. :( RARELY do I get there before everything is gone, though.

Pet all that pretty yarn for me :lol

LOL!!! As I am sitting here reading this very post, my DH walks up behind me and teases "ooooh, you're on THERE again" followed by a big fake *sigh*.

Too funny.:devil

lol I'm so glad I was able to tempt so many of you ladies into making a run to Michaels. That way I'm not alone!

I knew you all would understand and that's why I had to share with you all. No one else gets it. Since we're packing for the move I was trying to box it all up and I made the comment to dh that I didn't know I had so much yarn. His response? "I knew". Ha ha very funny sweetheart. He did say he expected to see a lot of afghans if we're gonna have to keep this much yarn around. yeah right.

Archived