Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

Ok I have been working on 3 afghans one that I was trying to finish for the 2008 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece but, personally problems came up to the point I couldn't finish in time. Now I started on 2 more afghans one for my mom for Christmas and another one for myself but, I have some small projects I also want to finish by Christmas for other family members just haven't yet thought about what.

But, wanted to do a Christmas Along with the lovely crocheters on board that is also trying to finish up some Christmas gifts or finish by Christmas.

So who's in with me.:)

Thought this would help those that want a little support. I know I need it as I keep on making these hexgons for these 2 afghans lol.:)

Who's with me.:):cheer:cheer

My List so far

My mom a hexgon diamond shape afghan

Me a hexgon afghan

My 3 year old dd a carebear blanket

My 3 year old dd a hoodie jacket

I have more that I want to add but, yet to know what to add crazy huh? lol.

Thanks for joining in.:)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I am all for this!! I am always spending the last two weeks before xmas getting caught up on what I left till the end!

I have 5 stockings to make

I want 6 doll outfits for my dds (2 already made)

5 pairs of slippers(3 made)

2 toddler size blankets

2 hat and scarf sets

I have no doubt that I will add more.

also adding 4 stockings to the mix.

I would love to be in on this! I have had several requests for items for Christmas and haven't even started on them yet. Funny, several of my requests have been for slippers and I have never made any. Does anyone have a good easy pattern for slippers that I can follow and hopefully kick out by Christmas!!

My list so far:

1 afghan for my niece-in-law

4 pairs of slippers (so far)

2 scarves for my nephews - done

1 wrap for my daughter - done

dishclothes for my son

2 round ripple afghans for my nephews

Count me in! I've decided that Wednesdays are for Christmas crocheting and knitting! I'll also be working on it on other days, but as far as I'm concerned Wednesdays are only for Christmas projects.

I've made a list but quite frankly I'm not ready to deal wiith the whole thing. I've decided to focus on three projects at a time. When I finish one I will replace it with another.

Here's what I'm focusing on right now:

1. A scrap Mile A Minute for my husband

2. A Stocking (my gift to myself) to match the one I made for my husband during the Greek Games

3. 10 ornaments (of one pattern) don't know what pattern yet.

I'm going to make a buch of ornaments to use as gift decorations. I figure I will make 10 of 4 different patterns and I should be ok.

So that's my Christmas Crafting plan. Hopefully this will allow me to get everything done without getting stressed out by it.

Thanks for joining in ladies. Not most people have been thinking about Christmas but, I noticed last year I didn't crochet much gifts and have my family asking for things so this year I said, I will start a little earlier so I can get at least a couple of nice things done for some special family memebers.:) My main focuse is on my moms hexgon diamond shape afghan since it will be so big I am mostly trying to get half of it done by the middle of October.

Again thanks for joining in ladies.:) Update how you are all doing as time flies by.:)

Add me to the list!! Ive been so busy being pregnant that I forgot I have a bunch of snowflakes and dishcloths to hurry up on...Im thinking the afghans that were supposed to be for LAST years in-laws gifts will be put off another year, but I do need one for my baby!

1) beanie for husband

2) afghan for son

3) lots of dishcloths

4) about a dozen snowflakes

we will see how I do, I think most people will give me a break on homemade gifts this year ;)

:( I too am trying to get some things done for Christmas but am not doing to well at achieving my goals:lol:lol. I have a list over on the Christmas year around 2008 thread with a few pics of things that I have managed to get done. I think I need to pick up my :hook and :yarn and get busy:rofl because as it stands right now I won't be no where close to being done by Dec 25.

Here's a link to the thread where my list is posted as well as pics of my finished projects.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=70895&highlight=christmas+2008

I will join in, this year I would like to make as many gifts as possible.

So far I have

RR Afghan for mom's DH ( finished )

Shawl for mom (Finished)

Afghan for nephew

Pot holders

Sister ?

neice ?

nephew ?

Brother ?

inlaws ?

plus others

Not sure what I will make for everyone else but I would like to get more afghans done

Ooooh...what a great idea! :yes I've been wondering what to do about Christmas gifts this year. Money is "so tight" right now! But...I do have plenty of thread. :hook Let me think about it and see if I can come up with a game plan....

Count me in. I have been stressed out over all of the gifts I have to make. Here is my list:

My Mom- A Belt

My Brother - Afghan

My Sister - Coasters

My 2nd Sister- Dishcloths

My Step-Niece - Purse

My Grandmother - Dishcloths

My Neighbor (She is like a 2nd Grandmother to me) - Afghan

My Parents IN Law- Afghan (I have to get it done in time to mail to Austria.

My Aunt - Lapghan

My Cousin - A baby blanket (he is going to be a father in January)

My Preacher and His Wife - Baby Blanket (they are expecting their 4th child

My Friend Kathy - Maybe a bible cover

I would like to participate too! The things I've decided on so far are:

Flap Hat for son-in-law

Vest for daughter ( done)

Still have 4 stockings to make

Shawl for daugher in law's mother and a lapghan for her dad

Soap horses for son in law's mom (1/2 done)

Purse for mom

Paperback book cover for sister (done)

Slippers for Dad

Caroline what pattern are you using for your stockings? We have 8 grandkids and it may be a good project for them.

I am using the free pattern on the Coats and Clark website. It is called WR1561 Crochet Holly Stocking. You can see my finished ones on my Flickr site:

Christmas  Stockings

Its pretty easy, they go fast and you can make them look any way you want. I plan to get some little Christmas charms to hang along the cuff too.

I am using the free pattern on the Coats and Clark website. It is called WR1561 Crochet Holly Stocking. You can see my finished ones on my Flickr site:

Christmas  Stockings

Its pretty easy, they go fast and you can make them look any way you want. I plan to get some little Christmas charms to hang along the cuff too.

I love that pattern! I made one for my husband as part of the Greek Games. I'm working on one for me now, so that we have a matching set.

I'm working on a few ideas for Christmas. Here is the beginning list which I will add to as I flesh out ideas.

Mother-in-law: Pink Ribbon socks (WIP)

Father-in-law: Eyeglass case?

Brother: Dragon

Still need ideas for brother-in-law, sister-in-law, mom and dad. :P

Ok this is what I needed!

1) blanket for step daughter

2) 3 christmas stockings (same pattern different ways so no one fights - in my dreams :rofl )

3) xmas blanket for xmas morning (put it together with all them square I have been getting)

4) decorations (at least 3 for each boy)

5) blanket for my kids younger brother

6) something for my mom using crochetroos pig square

OOOOOOOO, cool, I will join in,I have 2 afghans I want to finish. I need a little boost to keep going. I am working on so far...

1 -Cross Afghan ( couldnt finish by the end of the crochet games, still working on it)

1 -12" Mitered Square afghan ( Gotta make 20 squares, I have 5 done)

I am SO IN! I had at least seven Sweet Pea Shawls done, but I have given three away already~LOLOL! I would love to have at least fifteen of these. I am also making Photojenic's adventure set for my son and Gingerbread's tea set for my daughter and the shawl from Pamper Yourself for my neighbor. Then~joy of joys~an e-friend would like me to do some Christmas crochet for her family!!!! WOOHOOO! I am *VERY EXCITED!* (and really could use the $$$), but I will need to fit it all in.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived