Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

i need to get in on this

i need to get a lot done

Afghan for DS

HB Bag for MIL

"green" Totes for mom

2 lapghans and possibly toys for one of my charities

probably should have all by end of November so i can send them in time for the holiday( plus some where in the i need to do some holiday baking)

:2eek:2eek

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list updated

1) Afghan for little great nephew--finished

2) Afghan for neighbor boy (because he asked for one)--finished

3) Afghan for neighbor girl--finished

4) dd #1--afghan--ripping it out tonight to restart tomorrow---ugg

5) dd #2--afghan

6) Mom--hmmm....I honestly don't know.

7) Sis--dishcloths

8) future sis-in-law--dishcloths

9) neices--dishcloths or scarves

The men and boys in the family are getting cookies and cakes and the such.

I also want to make some stockings. I have three stockings finished so far...

I have the pictures on Ravelry and go by kdsmm there also.

I've got two squares done for the afghan. That's something, right. :devil

Absolutely it's something. Now just make 46 more, sew 'em together and you'll be done :devil

I have finished off one project for gifts - 3 more dishcloth flowerpots to go with the other two I posted earlier. 35 dishcloths! I won't be making dishcloths for a while :lol

Dishcloths-Done.jpg?t=1223148586DishclothFlowerpots2-Done.jpg?t=1223148244

Now... what to start next... felted purses maybe?

Mom - afghan (not started)

Mom - slippers (have yarn)

Cousin - afghan (have yarn, not started)

Cousin - slippers (I think I have yarn)

Uncle - afghan (40% done, need more yarn)

Uncle - slippers (I'm pretty sure I have yarn)

Friends - 5 Doily Dishcloth Flowerpots DONE!!

Friends - 2 Felted Purses (have yarn, not started)

Friend - Luna Lovegood Scarf (have yarn)

Eveyone's Pets - 6 doggie sweaters (need yarn, need to pick patterns)

Husband - no clue as usual

I'm in too!

I've been watching you guys with all your lists, and I can see that I'm not making THAT much for Christmas. ;) This is my first Christmas as a crocheter. I have been working on things for Christmas for a long time now. I'll post some picturelinks (the pictures were kind of big) of what I've got just to remind myself that I have a lot already. ;)

• A bag to put soaps in for my friend.
  • A bag for my mum (but I think I'm going to line it.. Something I never have done before. I don't waaaant to. hehe).
  • An afghan for my twinsisters birthday (23rd December).
  • A tablerunner for my grandparents.
  • Bunnyslippers for a niece.

I also have a shawl for my grandmother and a belt for one of my nieces. :) I couldn't find the pictues.

My todo-list:

Cousin #1: Crocheted socks/booties (she's 1 years old.. so I'll have to find something cute) or santa hat from this pattern, santa mittens from this pattern and santa scarf from this pattern... The hat and the mittens are not written for small chrildren, but I guess I could try to make it fit.. I don't know, I'll have to think about it. :)

Cousin #2: Monster slippers... I have an image in my head, but I don't know if it will work out. ;)

I think I'll have to crochet a cool hat or something for my sister as well, but I don't know. Looks like I don't have a lot of work in front of me after all..! It helps putting thing on paper.. ;)

Sorry about this long post.. I love babbeling. ;)

Alrighty an updated list....

1) 3 christmas stockings (same pattern different ways so no one fights - in my dreams )

2) xmas blanket for xmas morning (put it together with all them square I have been getting) 1/2 way done. Need 30 more squares.

3) decorations (at least 3 for each boy)

4) something for my mom using crochetroos pig square or maybe get someone to make me a pig ami.

5) blanket for niece & nephew as their parents have np car & must ride the bus or walk everywhere.

I'm in too!

I've been watching you guys with all your lists, and I can see that I'm not making THAT much for Christmas. ;) This is my first Christmas as a crocheter. I have been working on things for Christmas for a long time now. I'll post some picturelinks (the pictures were kind of big) of what I've got just to remind myself that I have a lot already. ;)

• A bag to put soaps in for my friend.
  • A bag for my mum (but I think I'm going to line it.. Something I never have done before. I don't waaaant to. hehe).
  • An afghan for my twinsisters birthday (23rd December).
  • A tablerunner for my grandparents.
  • Bunnyslippers for a niece.

I also have a shawl for my grandmother and a belt for one of my nieces. :) I couldn't find the pictues.

My todo-list:

Cousin #1: Crocheted socks/booties (she's 1 years old.. so I'll have to find something cute) or santa hat from this pattern, santa mittens from this pattern and santa scarf from this pattern... The hat and the mittens are not written for small chrildren, but I guess I could try to make it fit.. I don't know, I'll have to think about it. :)

Cousin #2: Monster slippers... I have an image in my head, but I don't know if it will work out. ;)

I think I'll have to crochet a cool hat or something for my sister as well, but I don't know. Looks like I don't have a lot of work in front of me after all..! It helps putting thing on paper.. ;)

Sorry about this long post.. I love babbeling. ;)

This is your first year as a crochet-er? Wow! Your projects look great! I'm impressed. Great job :cheer

I've made a little bit of progress as shown below: :crocheting

2 Kitchen sets (greenie, dishcloth and towel holder) 2 greenies & one dishcloth finished

Clothespin bag Done

2 Christmas stockings Halfway finished with one

Several dishcloths

Felted purse

Winter hat

Barbie doll dress

Your flower pots look too pretty to use.

Thank you very much. I'm thinking of also giving a plant along with the pots so they have a reason to take the dishcloths out and use them :D

You do exceptional work for a 1st year :hook I like your little sparkly soap bag and your table runner is awesome!

I've been dinkin' around with doggie sweater patterns this morning. I'm not finding one that floats my boat, so I think I'll put them down for now and work on something else on the list.

I am working on potholders today. I only have 2 wallets, 1 pair of slippers and the potholders to do.

Then hopefully I'll get my girl's sweaters made before baby comes. It feels great to get most of my list done. Then I just have to get it wrapped, lol.

Well, last Christmas I only knew how to make dc shawls, and couldn't get hats right (i was increasing WAY too much, and couldn't read patterns). Hehe. I was in the learning, so no one got homemade presents that year. They will this year though. :) Thanks!

Time for me to join this CAL. I have 7 more scarfs I still need to do. I have a coasters project I want to start and do for my Grandmother by Christmas and I want to make liquid soup doll dresses too.

Time is getting short so need to get going on this stuff.

Oh and I forgot I want to make some slippers too. But this is for last cause I have no clue what sizes to make and they not fit anyone.

It's been busy here the last couple of days, so I haven't picked up a hook. But I'll be traveling wed-fri, so I should be able to kick out a scarf and a slipper or two the plane! Now where are my plastic hooks...? :eek

Cool! I love to get uninterrupted crochet time :)

I took a break from my Christmas list and designed a pair of slippers for me (to take to the hospital), and a bootie for baby. I'm now finishing a matching baby blanket and hat to have a set. Then I'll be back onto my Christmas list.

Sometimes I just need to flake out for a while, lol.

Can I get in on the fun too? It'll be more fun working with everyone than just sitting in my lonely corner by the fire with my yarn & hooks.

I haven't quite decided who I'm making gifts for but here's my list so far -

2 gifts for the local library holiday bazaar, one probably a snowman hot cocoa jar cover

a pair of slippers for my son (he's a chef so his feet need something cozy)

an earflap hat & fingerless gloves for my DIL (they live in Maine)

a scarf for my SIL - done except for the fringe

a shawl for my almost sister, probably croJulee's angel wing pattern

earflap hats for my DD's two bestest friends

an ornament cover (with ornament) for my friend in Ireland

There's more but I haven't decided what to make. At least I have enough yarn in my stash in case I have an inspiration in the middle of the night. lol

Well, I am back to doing my xmas list. Finishing up my wrist warmers, and hopefully getting to start the toddler bed blankets for the kiddies. I have yet to choose a pattern,shouldnt be too hard to find one.........I hope.

Once I figure out how to post pics I will share my finished works. How's everyone else doing????

I need to get back on my list but this is a long work week for me, I usually have Sat - Mon. off but I am working 9pm -1am Sat and Sun this week :(

I figured if I get something done for my niece and nephew I can always send my sister and brother an IOU. I also figured I have until about Dec. 5th to get it all done and in the mail. Those 4 are the most imprtant on my list there is always next yr for everyone else.

12 squares done for the afghan, 38 to go.

Started a scarf that I'm doing wrong :lol: Going to have to frog and go at it again.

Halfway done with shawl #1, 25% done with shawl #2, haven't started on shawl #3.

I need to start the pet beds too.

I think that's all I've got for now. Doesn't seem so impossible now. :)

I finished this Scalloped Edge Cami for my daughter from Caron. It is made with simply soft. You really can't see the color too well but it is a dusty rose color.

Scarf/Wrap closeup

I also did this wrap called Oasis Wrap from the naturallycaron.com. It is done with Bernat Berella 4 in a purplish blue color - Its a really pretty color.

Scarf/Wrap

Scarf/Wrap closeup

Two more things done. I have to get going on the rest of the Christmas stockings now.

Archived