Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I started the last skein on my VA lapghan. Then I just have to add the border. I am hoping to have this done this weekend.

Still to come:

gift for preschool fundraiser raffle (snowman?) (Deadline December 2)

Swiffer Shrugs

Washcloth

...I broke my wrist and I dont think I will be able to crochet, :cry unless I learn to do so with my right hand:think. ...

That bites! Hope you feel better soon!

...not together till he learns he is 37 & not a 9 year old. Does that make sense?...

Perfect sense :lol

OK, I started the last skein on my VA lapghan. Then I just have to add the border. I am hoping to have this done this weekend...

Way to go! :cheer

I'm madly working on one of the afghans I need to kick out. If I keep up my current pace, I should be done this weekend too :)

I seem to be a bit late jumping on this CAL, but I've been working on my Christmas crochet list for a while now. Yesterday I compiled a list of the gifts I have yet to make, not to mention the projects I have yet to come up with for my etsy shop and a church craft bazaar! I'll just list the gifts here, though. Here's my list so far, although it is completely subject to change!

Santa Stocking (for Mom to give to SIL) Finished!

Tote bag for MIL Finished!

Scarf and Hat Sets for SILs Finished!

Scarf and Hat Set for BIL Finished!

2 Neck Gaiters for Brother

2 Neck Gaiters for Dad Finished!

Fleece Neck Pillow for FIL (not crocheted, but still on my list!) Finished!

I also am wanting to make something for my Grandmother, who says she doesn't need or want anything...hummm...so I don't know what I'll do there.

Glad to have you Cocoa!

I made two cardi's this week for my little girls to go with the skirts I'll be sewing them (once this baby comes out, the bending to cut is a killer right now, lol) I just need to make one more for my third girl and then I'm hoping adapt the pattern to make a newborn version for this baby.

If anyone wants a REALLY easy pattern to make for little girls this is it:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80023AD.html?noImages=

The only change I have made in the pattern is to dc3tog for the last row decreases to make the neck opening smaller.

And I was able to complete a stocking for my oldest girl last weekend too.

I'm loving how productive I've been using all my nervous anticipation energy while waiting for baby, lol.

STOP DEE!!!! YOu're making us look bad!!! :lol

Your work is awesome... did you post the cupcake potholder somewhere??? I think I remember it...

...and the play food.... I'm going nuts here... I LOVE it!!!

I have links to all the patterns I used for these in my signature. The cupcake potholder pattern and elf slippers I bought, but all the others were free. :)

I finished the Lapghan to donate to the local VA hospital.

Now I am trying to decide what to make to donate to a preschool Christmas party raffle.

(Any ideas? I was thinking of a snowman. Maybe trying my hand at a cradle purse?)

Also hoping to make:

washcloth

swiffer shrugs

Holy Canoli Batman (er, Dee)! And here I was going to be all proud of what I got done this week LOL!! Excellent job on everything :hook (Can I have the neck pillow please?)

You'll find my (now very small) completed FO pics here. This gets me about halfway through the gift list. I have given up on keeping a list as I keep changing my mind on what I want to make for everyone. So from this point, I'm just posting what I've finished and how close I am to being done :D

I finished the Lapghan to donate to the local VA hospital.

Now I am trying to decide what to make to donate to a preschool Christmas party raffle.

(Any ideas? I was thinking of a snowman. Maybe trying my hand at a cradle purse?)

Way to go on finishing your lapghan :clap

How about making both a snowman and a cradle purse? A snowman would be good for a boy and the cradle purse would be great for a girl :idea

Here are pictures of the fish and basket for my nephew. The pattern for the fish is from the Coats and Clark free pattern directory. It's called Crochet Counting Fish Toy. The basket I, uhh, invented myself. I wanted it to look like those baskets that people used to (maybe still do)carry all their fishing gear in.

th_IMG_0155.jpg

th_IMG_0160.jpg

th_IMG_0161.jpg

Here's my progress so far on the stocking I'm crocheting for my mom to give to my SIL for Christmas. Our whole family has stockings like this with our names on the top...it's one of those special traditions we have...so since my little bro got married, my mom wants his new wife to have one, too! I'm stuck on this one right now because I left my black yarn (for the boots and belt) at church and can't do anything else until I get it back!

th_IMG_3090.jpg (clickable pic)

I finished my sister's RR, it's not as big as I wanted it but that's ok.

2683284730047560794ERPrKc_th.jpg

2817294430047560794QYrccK_th.jpg

2739516120047560794tqKOpe_th.jpg

2717293260047560794livfYv_th.jpg Pics are clickable

Not sure how much more I will get done on my list, I have not been in the mood to crochet lately. I can tell the Holidays are fast approaching and I am starting to feel a bit down instead of Happy.

RR Afghan for mom's DH ( finished )

Shawl for mom (Finished)

Afghan for nephew (hand me down from daughter)

Pot holders

Sister RR (finsihed)

neice ?

nephew ?

Brother ?

inlaws ?

plus others

Archived