Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back from my business trip :clap I made a scarf, but nothing more. Out of 4 flights, I was pinned against the window for 2 of them and didn't want to 'elbow' the person next to me. Now I have to get organized and start kicking butt on my list!!

Everyone sounds like they're making lots of progress :hook I love your wrap and cami Caroline, well done! Anyone else got pics of their projects?

:photo

hi all... im new to crocheting this year and I have high hopes haha heres my to do christmas list:

mom - two scarfs

grama - two scarfs (1: 60%)

sister - purse with lining.. considering this will be my first purse i'm kinda nervous

sister's bff - same purse as her only diff color

niece (A) - blanket done in DC (finished aug 26th)

niece (S) - blanket made out of large hearts sewn together (45% done)

boyfriend - scarf with embroidery on it

Ok, here's my update...

Hubby- Ms. Pacman and one ghost are done, all they need is eyes. That leaves three more ghosts.

Nephew-One fish is done and the basket is done except for a lid/flap/handle. So I need to use up the rest of the fish yarn, making as many fish as the yarn permits.

SIL-all panels for the purse are made and I am in the process of attaching them all in the right places. Then all that will be left will be lining it.

Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures up soon. My list might be done soon...I just might have to add to it!

-B

colefree224 your scarf looks very nice.

I seen that you got down a star don't be scared they are very easy once you get started and there are alot of people here that will help if you need it.

I'm floundering a bit for Christmas now~ACK! Almost finished a camo Sweet Pea for my SIL and am working on Photogenic's crown for my son's birthday on Wednesday. The luscious Awesome Slippers by Sylver I made myself are too small, so they can be my best friend's Christmas present. I haven't started my son's Adventure Set, have only done the plates for my daughter's tea set, and I have more I'm wanting to take on as I continue with Sweet Peas~ACK! I WANNA DO IT ALL! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

You did a great job on that scarf! It's very pretty.

I'm getting back to my list this week and I'm pretty sure I'll finish it. Then I can get it all wrapped and be finished with that portion of Christmas prep.

Absolutely it's something. Now just make 46 more, sew 'em together and you'll be done :devil

I have finished off one project for gifts - 3 more dishcloth flowerpots to go with the other two I posted earlier. 35 dishcloths! I won't be making dishcloths for a while :lol

:clap Those dishcloth flowerpots are lovely. Where did you get that idea? :)

My list as of right now.

Fish Bag by Old Bag Lady X 3, 2/3 done with all three, still working on these

American Girl Summer Dress X 3

Rugged Mountain Hat Collection by Lisa Naskrent

Square potholders x 4

Pineapples for Molly X 3

I am getting no where fast. :( I seem to be working on projects I need to finish that are not for Christmas.

I'm sidetracked too. I am finishing a baby sweater and then I need to make two pairs of wrist warmers for birthday gifts. But I REALLY want to get my Christmas list finished this week so that I know it's done.

Got some stuff done!

1) 3 christmas stockings (same pattern different ways so no one fights - in my dreams )

2) xmas blanket for xmas morning (put it together with all them square I have been getting) 1/2 way done. Need 30 more squares. Got glow in the dark yarn to border the squares with & am getting more yarn to make more squares.

3) decorations (at least 3 for each boy) Got 4 of 9 done. Keeping track of them here.

4) something for my mom using crochetroos pig square or maybe get someone to make me a pig ami.

5) blanket for niece & nephew as their parents have np car & must ride the bus or walk everywhere. Got more done on my neices blanket. Keeping track of her blanket here & his blanket here.

Hoo rah! One present down...the basket and the fish are all done, just going to give them a quick wash to night.

Unfortunately the other wips are still at the same place...hopefully not for long though!

-B

I finished 5 potholders yesterday and 3 wallets. So now I just have 11 potholders to go, 1 pair of slippers, and not Christmas related but a pair of fingerless mitts as a birthday present for someone next month.

The end is in sight and I can hardly wait until I have the freedom to crochet whatever I want again, lol.

Yesterday I finished 6 potholders! So I only have 4 left to make, and the slippers....woohoo!

Now the hard part once I'm finished will be to put on blinders and not add to extra things to my list :lol

Is it too late to join? I don't get online much, but an willing to offer support and be supported. My list is shorter than it was, but still long...

Finished is hats for all the young kids at church and two baby sweaters

To complete...

Topsy-Turvy doll w/pattern

Blonde beauty

Grumpy bear

3 scarfs

stuffed beagle

and I need to figure out something small to add for my fathers gift and something for my grandma...

Everyone else is kicking butt I see :clap

NOW I'm sidetracked :lol

The slippers were kinda boring me, so I allowed myself to stray from my list. I came across a wristlet pattern that looked unisex enough that it could be used as gifts for a variety of folks on the list. The pattern is in the November 2008 issue of Crochet! magazine. I used sock-weight yarn from Joann's that had a striping pattern:

StripedWristlets.jpg?t=1224451526

They are quicker to work up than the slippers, so I just may do a replacement on the list :D

Here are pictures of the completed Hello Kitty purse (hopefully). This was the first time I crocheted a purse...and the first time lining one. I just have to say that it came out really great and I am really proud of myself. (Sorry if I am being too boastful:))

th_IMG_0148.jpg

th_IMG_0133.jpg

Also, I got another ghost done...that leaves just 2 more and then eyes for everyone. The second ghost went much quicker than the first one so I have high hopes for finishing the last 2 quickly.

-B

Archived