Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

This is not a crocheted gift but it was for Christmas. I exchanged it at my Mom's side of the family get-together...the theme this year was "Time Machine"...so I made a "time machine". I was doubting it for a while, but it ended up turning out really great!

th_IMG_0171.jpg th_IMG_0172.jpg

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo! I just finished both the hat and scarf sets for my SILs! I haven't had time to take pics yet, but I will try to post some later this week. I'm just so glad to have them finished so I can move on to more projects!

I need to finish up the stockings and haven't even started!!! I need 7 of them! ah well, I am working on this beautiful Christmas afghan... one of the first projects in a long time I've done just cause... and I still have the charity stuff to do...~sigh~

ratdog-

The pattern is free and I found it through Crochet Pattern Central, miscellaneous crochet, pac-man. It is an amigurumi set of the Pac-man characters. The original is for just Pac-man but I am adding a bow to make it Ms. Pac-man. I only have 1 1/2 ghost to go to get it done then I will post some pictures. I have had to work on this project sporadically because it is for my husband for Christmas and I want to keep it a secret from him until then.

If you decide to make a set, I'd love to see it! And if you have any questions I'd be willing to discuss the process with you...I did a lot of frogging tring to figure the ghosts out.

Good luck!

DSCF3925.jpg

Done with another Christmaspresent!! I don't have anything I HAVE to crochet for anyone for Christmas now (actually I'm all done with all presents - 1,5! Wee!), so I can crochet what I want! :D

I made a list of things that I need done by x-mas. It's rather long, but I was really motivated at the start, and I need to get them all done for presents coming up. I have a lot of birthdays around this time too, so they were ont he list also.

Christmas Gifts

Mom - Top from Everyday Crochet "Jewel" (Started)

Dad - Sweater from "Chrochet Dude"

Brother - Tetris Ghan

Lisa - Top from Everyday Crochet "Tall Latte"

SIL - Felted bag (COMPLETED)

Amy - Bunny Slippers (COMPLETED)

Grand Dad (mom's side) - Keyhole scarf (COMPLETED)

Grand Mom (dad's side) - Lattice Ghan

Grand Dad (dad's side) - Hat (COMPLETED)

Trish - Granny Square Purse (COMPLETED)

Seth- Sweater from "Crochet Dude"

Boss - Simple purse (COMPLETED)

Birthdays

Dad - Keyhole scarf (COMPLETED)

Brother - Hat (COMPLETED)

Mom - Chic long sweater

Grand Dad (mom's side) - Ecru Hanky Edge (Start destroyed by new dog, try again)

BF - ??? No idea

I might be biting off more than I can chew, but I really can't afford to do gifts this year any other way. Especially with the amount of girts I'm making. Wish me luck!!!! :cheer

I've gotten a few more winter sets done but my mom and dad asked for theirs early since they were doing some runs to colder places and didn't want to freeze so I'm going to make them more. lol

I finished a hat and scarf for my cousin. A hat for each of my SILs and made myself and dd a few things for now. :)

I sat down and re-wrote my list last night so now I have a clearer picture of where I stand. Gotta get back to work

Here are a couple quick pics I took of the scarf/hat sets I made for my 2 SILs. The weather here has been dark and cloudy all week, so I had to make do with indoor lighting...yucky! But at least I can show my progress.

More info about the orange set in this thread.

th_CharlenesHatandScarf.jpg

More info about the teal set in this thread.

th_AmysHatandScarf.jpg

I'm in on this CAL. Here is my list:

Dad & Step-Mom: Set of 6 Granny Square Coasters

Mom & Step-Dad: Apple Ami's from Lion Brand set of 6 apples

My Husband: Socks

My Brother: 5 1/2 hour throw from Lion Brand

My Grandparents: Dishcloths set of 2

My Neighbor: Afghan from 48 Hour Afghan book

My Parents-in-Law: Christmas Bell Ornaments set of 2

Hopefully I won't think of any more I need to do.

DSCF3925.jpg

Done with another Christmaspresent!! I don't have anything I HAVE to crochet for anyone for Christmas now (actually I'm all done with all presents - 1,5! Wee!), so I can crochet what I want! :D

The bear is so cute!

I am happy for you that you are finished with your gifts but am so jealous. I have a ton of gifts to do. I am wanting to make some care bears but it looks like that will have to wait until January!

I made this yesterday and will add it to my gift list. I originally made it for my daughter who borrows alot of paperback books, and I wanted to make her something to protect them while she sticks them in her purse or backpack, but she didn't care for the colors, and she's not a big fan of crochet stuff. I'm thinking of making it a "me" gift if I don't gift it for Christmas...

Clicky pics:

th_017.jpg th_016.jpg th_013.jpg

I made this yesterday and will add it to my gift list. I originally made it for my daughter who borrows alot of paperback books, and I wanted to make her something to protect them while she sticks them in her purse or backpack, but she didn't care for the colors, and she's not a big fan of crochet stuff. I'm thinking of making it a "me" gift if I don't gift it for Christmas...

Clicky pics:

th_017.jpg th_016.jpg th_013.jpg

That's really cute. Where did you get the pattern?

Woohoo! I'm all finished with the Santa Stocking for my SIL, except stitching her name on the cuff at the top, that is. I wanted to take photos without her name so that I can write up the pattern and post it on my blog without her knowing it is for her! This style of stocking is a tradition in my immediate family...everyone has had one made for them by someone in the family...so my Mom asked me to make one for my brother's new wife for her first Christmas as part of our family! I decided that I needed to write down what I did in pattern form because the person who originally made them is deceased now...and I think the original pattern was printed in a magazine in the 70's! So, this is my own version, new and improved!

th_SantaStocking2.jpg

Thanks! It was my first time making something like this with all the little pieces to crochet separately then stitch on like an applique, but it was fun and remarkably quick to work up!

Archived