Colourful Times - 14” CPK baby.

darski

Colourful Times - 14” CPK baby. :pinterest

post-4896-135897741318_thumb.jpg

Top…

post-4896-13589774138_thumb.jpg

This was started with RH Kids™ yarn which is finer than the usual WW yarn. Because of this I started with a 4mm hook but it was really wayyyyy too small for the WW yarn that I used for the rest. I happen to really dislike a stiff crochet fabric but I guess that is a personal thing… Ignore it lol

I used the deep pink, Bernat green and RH pink and RH white yarns.

With deep pink Kids yarn and 4 mm hook…

Row 1: ch 37, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in the next 5, ch1, hdc in 6, ch1, hdc in 12, ch 1, hdc in 6, ch1, hdc in last 6. (36 hdc, 4 ch 1 sp)

Row 2: hdc in 6, V-st [hdc, ch1, hdc] in ch 1 space, hdc in 6 V-st in ch 1 space, hdc in 12, V-st in ch 1 space . hdc in 6, V-st in ch 1 space, hdc in last 6. (36 hdc, 4 V-st)

Rows 3 to 5… continue in established pattern of hdc in hdc and V-st in V-st. Break off and secure Deep pink

Rows 6 to 8 will be worked separately for each back section and the front section. Work 3 rows of hdc evenly for each section working a back, the front and the last back section. Just be sure that you end up at the back edge at the end of your last back section.

Row 9: Hdc across the back stitches and immediately continue on to the front stitches and then to the other back section. This joins all the sections together. Break off green, secure and tidy all ends.

Row 10: Attach light pink and work [hdc in 2, 2hdc in next] across the row.

Row 11: Dc evenly across row.

Row 12: dc in 2 *[2dc in next] twice, dc in 4*, repeat * * to end. Join and work in rounds from now on. Note: I ended up with [2dc] only once at the end and that is fine. It is mostly about getting the increases in there.

Row 13: dc evenly around break off and secure pink. Tidy ends.

Row 14 attach Deep pink again and work dc evenly around.

Work a trim row of 4 ch mesh using every other stitch around. Join and break off tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897741389_thumb.jpg

Trim and button holes. Attach Deep Pink yarn at the centre back left edge. Work sc along the left edge, work the ch 4 mesh around the neck section and then work a series of sc and ch2 sets to create button holes where you want them along the right back edge.

Trim the front in a way that is pleasing to you and reflects the theme of the outfit.

Sleeves: Work 2 rows of ch 4 mesh around the sleeve openings.

Panties…

post-4896-135897741387_thumb.jpg

Create a ¼ inch elastic waistband and you will need 2 elastic hair bands for the leg openings. I have started making my waistbands fit more loosely lately. I think it is easier for our little ones to dress their dolls when there is less tension in the elastic.

Row 1: With green and a 5mm hook work 5 hdc over the ¼ in elastic ‘ring’.

Row 2 – 3: work evenly in dc

Row 4: [Tr/dc] in first stitch, dc in 23, [dc/tr] in next, [tr/dc] in next, dc to last stitch, [dc/tr] in last. Join (54 dc)

Row 5: dc evenly around (54)

Row 6: dc in 27 stitches, join this 27th stitch to the first stitch with sl st, continue around in dc and join the last dc to the 28th dc and join to 1st stitch to complete round .

Rows 7 & 8: leg openings.. work one row of dc evenly and then work a row of sc around the hair band elastic.

Hat…

post-4896-135897741392_thumb.jpg

This hat has to allow for my little one’s two top knots. I love those little top knots but they do get in the way of other types of hats. ((((sigh))))

I would imagine this hat could be made just working from an oval shape without the holes.

post-4896-135897741377_thumb.jpg

With green and 5mm hook…

The set up: ch 13 and join to form a ring, ch 16 and join in the 13th chain from hook.

Row 1: hdc around all the chains but work 2 hdc as necessary in the ends to keep the hat flat at this point. I ended up with 2 hdc in the 5 stitches at each end.

Row 2: work in hdc in each stitch generally but at each end you will work [2hdc, hdc/dc, dc/tr, 3tr, tr/dc, dc/hdc, 2hdc ] over those 7 stitches. Break off green and tidy ends.

Row 3: join in bright pink at either end. Work 2dc in this stitch and dc to other side. Work 2 dc in end stitch on other side and continue in dc to start and join.

Row 4: 2dc in 1st st, [hdc in 3, hdc dec,] to other end, 2dc in centre stitch at other end, sc in 3, [fpsc in next 2, 2 FPsc in next] to the last 3 sts, sc in three and join with slip stitch.

Partial Rows 5 and 6: work a 4 ch mesh in every other post stitch across the front and connecting to other end.. Turn and work a 5ch mesh in each mesh. Break off and tidy ends.

Ties, with green, ch 5 and join to form a ring, ch 30 and the join to the hat at the end(s) leaving a tail long enough to attach whatever trims you with to add. This would be a good place to use flower motifs instead of the buttons but I have this fixation on buttons :wlol

Booties…

post-4896-135897741386_thumb.jpg

Work soles with green and 5.5mm hook

Row 1: ch and work 8hdc in beginning chain. (9hdc)

Row 2: 2Hdc in every hdc (18)

Row 3: hdc in 1, 2hdc in next around (27)

Break off green.

Uppers… turn soles good side down

Row 4: With white, work FPsc in every stitch around and join. Ch 1 and turn. (27)

Row 5: hdc in 1st, hdc dec, hdc around to last two sts, hdc dec and join. (25)

Row 6; hdc evenly around (25)

Row 7: find and mark the (roughly) centre front stitch. [Hdc in 2, hdc dec] twice, hdc in 2, fpdc in next, hdc in 1, fpdc next, [hdc in 2, hdc dec] twice, hdc in las3 and join. [19 hdc – 2fpdc]

Row8-9: hdc evenly around but work fpdc over fpdc.

Break off and tidy all ends. Use the two strong colours to make your laces. A touch of clear nail polish or clear drying glue can keep your ‘bows’ in place.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

So pretty! I secretly wanted a Cabbage Patch doll when I was a kid, but at the time they were going for a hundred dollars or more. So, I knew we couldn't afford them. I told my mom I didn't want one so that she wouldn't worry and try to get me one. But I think they are so cute and now at least they arent so expensive. Love this outfit especially!

Yet another great looking outfit that I will be scared to show my nieces - because they will want me to make it to add to their collections.

Great Job. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Thank you all. I have been struggling to get my patterns typed and posted. I have made quite a few outfits but the typing gets me every time. These CPK's are quicker to get up and going. :wlol

Darski,

This pattern is absolutely darling, with those bright alternating sherbert colors! Really outstanding!

Yeay! I just noticed you've designed the hat to deal with the problem of making cute hats for dolls with those pretty but pesky pony tails! Very imaginative. I have all of these colors in my yarn stash. I gotta try this pattern!

• 2 weeks later...
can this be made to fit a build a bear?

Well I'm afraid I can't be of much help with this :? as I have no idea of what a build a bear is or what it looks like.

the quickest way to find out would be to make up the pattern and see if it fits. if it does, you're gold; if not then you have a gift for someone. :wlol

Archived