Pictures from our toy drive delivery today!

KristieMN

GRAND total indeed!! .....drum roll please... 1119 toys in all were delivered today.

When we told everyone what the total toys donated was, they were speechless.

As you can see from the pictures HERE

we literally had NO room in the truck for one more toy.

These little cuties joined the toy drive today. I was literally sewing until 2 minutes before we left.

toydrive0811.jpg

We made a stop at the post office, which we had one box waiting full of toys.

We stopped by a friends home, where they donated 3 more bags of toys, match box cars!

Thankfully, I did not get pulled over on the way to the hospital.:lol

I couldnt see out my back window!

I really wish I would have counted the toys last year. I am guessing we had nearly double of what we brought last year. We were not as short on room last year...we even had one more person in the car than this year!

All the boxes were stuffed full!

After unloading the truck, we went to the set for the television show.

Becca and Libby were asked to read the news.

The loved it. They stayed 'at the tree house' and sang happy birthday to all the children who's birthday it was today.

Delivering the toys, is always emotional for me. It wasn't all that

long ago, I had a sick child in the hospital myself.

The kids send their favorite stuffed animals, dolls, pictures, balloons...etc, any thing that means a lot to them, they send to the show.

The first part of the show is showing everyone what the kids have sent it.

I first started tearing up here. It means so much to the kids to have their favorite lovie on the show.

They send in messages to have read also.

Quite a few of them were messages from children, to the doctors and nurses who are taking care of them.

I teared up more when they were reading them.

We had to cut our stay short today. My youngest came down with an ear infection. We had to hit the pharmacy and grab some tylenol.

While walking around the hospital, there are so many children there who are obviously ill. It truly broke my heart.

I wanted to hug every one of them I seen.

I know the toys that everyone donated, are going to bring tons of smiles to many many children.

I could not have done this without all of you.

I wish I could tell you how special you all are to me.

I wish I could hug every one of you!:hug:hug:hug

:lol:lol:lol:lol

The toy drive was a huge success this year.

I am not sure if we could ever top 1119 toys again!:lol:lol

I have to thank you all for donating toys.

I have to also thank the 2 designers, Peggytoes, and Chiscrochetcrazy, for donating patterns for the toy drive.

Also, thank you Midds, for the toy drive challenge. Many c'villers stepped up to the challange!

I hope everyone who had a hand in the toy drive, feels some satisfaction that they made a difference.

And in case you are wondering, YES!! I will be doing another toy drive next year!!!

As long as I am breathing, I plan on continuing the yearly toy drive.

Any more toys that come in, will be brought in to the hospital when Libby has her appointments!

THANK YOU to everyone again!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Just absolutely fantabulous!!!! Everyone did a fantastic job!!! Thank You Kristie and gang for doing a wonderful job in pulling this together and delivering all the wonderful toys.

It's going to be a big job to beat this yrs total but it can be done.

I say...........come on group, let the challenge begin and let's start putting together some toys for next yr!!!!!

GRAND total indeed!! .....drum roll please... 1119 toys in all were delivered today.

The toy drive was a huge success this year.

I am not sure if we could ever top 1119 toys again!:lol:lol

I have to thank you all for donating toys.

I have to also thank the 2 designers, Peggytoes, and Chiscrochetcrazy, for donating patterns for the toy drive.

Also, thank you Midds, for the toy drive challenge. Many c'villers stepped up to the challange!

I hope everyone who had a hand in the toy drive, feels some satisfaction that they made a difference.

And in case you are wondering, YES!! I will be doing another toy drive next year!!!

As long as I am breathing, I plan on continuing the yearly toy drive.

THANK YOU to everyone again!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:yay 1119 toys!!! :yay

I too want to thank the designers that donated patterns to this toy drive! THANK YOU! :hug

You are very welcome for the toy drive challenge! :hug

I am glad to hear that you are doing another toy drive next year! You do a fabulous job and put a lot of time, hard work, and energy into this! THANK YOU!!! :cheer

It sounds like you are posting a challenge for us 'villers. Did I see that you are not sure if we can top 1119 toys? I see a challenge! Anybody else see a challenge here? :lol

THat's so wonderful :cheer Made me tear up remembering the days of being in Texas Childrens Hospital quite frequently myself. I wish I had sent some toys but next year I'll certainly try to do that along with donating a pattern ;)

:yay 1119 toys!!! :yay

I too want to thank the designers that donated patterns to this toy drive! THANK YOU! :hug

You are very welcome for the toy drive challenge! :hug

I am glad to hear that you are doing another toy drive next year! You do a fabulous job and put a lot of time, hard work, and energy into this! THANK YOU!!! :cheer

It sounds like you are posting a challenge for us 'villers. Did I see that you are not sure if we can top 1119 toys? I see a challenge! Anybody else see a challenge here? :lol

Oh yeah, I totally smell a challenge!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

You guys are too much!! :lol:lol

I am thinking U-haul next year! :lol

That ...or maybe a stretch hummer limo???:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

o.k... a Uhaul is more likely in the budget!

They did a story on us last year in the Fairview newletter they put out.

You can see it

A challenge....would I do that?!?!? :lol:lol

I am still reeling from this one!

My sewing room looks terribly empty to me now... seriously. I had so many boxes stacked, for so long... it seems sad and empty now.

Clean...but sad and empty.:)

I will let you know if I hear anything more from the hospital about the toys!

Kristen

quote from Midds: It sounds like you are posting a challenge for us 'villers. Did I see that you are not sure if we can top 1119 toys? I see a challenge! Anybody else see a challenge here? :lol

:scrachin Definitely a challenge - we should see if we can top this year.

:crocheting :knit:shop

I wasn't able to play this year, like I did last year. :boohoo I had intended too. It is soo worthwhile. but maybe I'll be able to get some up for next year...if I can get myself together :P

Congrats Kristie on such a huge delivery!!! :c9 So many happy faces, so many families will be blessed.

Oh yeah, I totally smell a challenge!

Glad I'm not the only one! :lol

but midds i think you will have to up your challenge and make two of every pattern you test - hehehehehe

:eek

I still have patterns left from this year that I need to get caught up on! The designers in the challenge definitely kept me busy! Great job designers! I guess I have my start for 2009's! :D

A challenge....would I do that?!?!? :lol:lol

Oh, look at you acting all innocent over there! :lol

:scrachin Definitely a challenge - we should see if we can top this year.

:crocheting :knit:shop

Ready, guys and gals?! Here we go....challenge for next year to top 1119 toys. I vote we go for 1250!

I will post a challenge thread and come back here to make a link for it.

Let's show 'em what we can do! :hook

Archived