Pineapple shawl

dennymare

I saved this pattern, and hope to make it someday, but want to be sure I've got this right. Above, I see it says you need 17 stitches in row one, and 34 in row three. But the other thread on crochetville mentioned that the corrected pattern needs 16 stitches in row one and 32 in row three. Not sure which one is the correctly corrected version. :lol Anyone here able to tell me which way is best?

Lene'

Here's what emeraldmoon said she did in hers and she's the first to make one:

I will have to look back and see where later in the part of the pattern a one part is.. but at the begining on row 1 its suppose to be ch3, 16 dc in ring, ch 3 turn

round 2 is dc in next 15 dc

round 3 should be a total of 34 dc counting the turning ch

Hope this helps.

:frog

• 2 weeks later...

I love pineapples! :cheer Where is this pattern? This is beautiful!

I made a pineapple shawl for my mother using a pattern from an older issue of Women's Crochet magazine. I did it in white, but am thinking of doing another one in a bright color, or a mauvy rose shade of some soft yarn I have.

Great work!

Sandra Johnson

The pattern is here.

There are a couple of adjustments that need to be made-on row 1 you only need 17 dc, including ch-3 and on row 3 you only need 34 dc, including ch-3

Otherwise work the pattern exactly as written. Yes, it is a doily ;)

:frog

I'd really like to make this one! I don't know if I can pull it off tho, I'm not very good at reading some of the old patterns. I need a good dose of confidence!:eek

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived