Pineapple shawl

dennymare

I jumped on the pineapple shawl bandwagon and this is the results. I used Red Heart Symphony in River Blue and a J hook. The unforunate thing is I must have

crocheted really loosely because this turned out to large for me. Lucky for me my husband is in touch with his feminine side and modeled this so I could take pictures. To give you an approximate size of this, he is 5' 10" and a skinny guy. Anyways here it is:

pineappleshawl3.jpgpineappleshawl2.jpg

pineappleshawl1.jpgSorry about the shadows but the sun is setting and can't get Den to go in the front yard. Can only expect so much out of him. LOL:devil Mary

WOW - It is great and so is the color and pineapples. Once you wear it, you can really wrap it around you for warmth...It will be good in the Fall.

Did you start with the Pineapple Doily and keep going, or is this another shawl??? Please advise....:clap

Stunning! And I do mean the shawl and your model! Does he do this for a living? If so, it shows!!!! Awesome job....to both of you! The shawl is gorgeous and that color is beautiful.

It's beautiful in that blue color! Is that yarn a little larger maybe than what the other gals are using? I printed the pattern, but can't decide what yarn to use yet! That will make a wonderful gift for a larger-than-you friend!

Susan Rae

Thanks all, Dennis :manyheart the compliments he is such a ham. As to the yarn it is a thin mohair feeling type yarn I think although it is 100% acrylic. It is very light and very soft.

Mary

That looks great. I wish I had the problem of crocheting loose. I was testing the trapazoid poncho pattern & I crochet so much tighter, that I have had to add numerous rows. Can't quite seem to get it finished. I think I have 6 rows left:lol

Just GORGEOUS! I love that color!!!

I have already bought more cotton to do one for my sister.

Aren't they a quick stitch-up?!

Hugs and congrats on it! It truly is beautiful! And, you have a trooper of a hubby!

:hook

:rofl What a man you have there!!! I can't say I blame him for not going out in the front yard:lol .

I love it, it looks great. If you don't like it that big to wear around the house just try to picture when the weather is cold again and you can just wrap that around you and cuddle in!!!:) Great job! I really need to make one of these.:yay

Each one of these shawls is nicer than the one before. I don't think there's any way to make this look bad - no matter what yarn you choose.

What pattern did you use?? I want to put this on my to do list but am not sure if the pattern is the pineapple doily one that you just keep going.until it is large enough for a shawl..

That shawl is beautiful! You must have picked a good one when you met your husband! Good for You! That color is so pretty, I could picture snuggling on the couch on a rainy day with a good book in that!

Thanks all, well lets see it is a doily but using larger yarn and hook you can follow the pattern exactly as written.

Beth: I used about 3 skeins of the Symphony and a J hook. If I do another one I will use a smaller hook maybe a h or i and it may take less then.

Hope that helps.

Mary

What a gorgeous shawl! How did you adapt the doily pattern? (Or did I misunderstand?)

What a gorgeous shawl! How did you adapt the doily pattern? (Or did I misunderstand?)

Jane, you don't have to adapt it. You just use worsted weight yarn and a bigger hook. I used Aunt Lydia's Denim and a J hook. Chatty used homespun and a K hook. Mary used Symphony and a J hook. It just depends on how big or small you want it.

Hope this helps!:hook

That is gorgeous :yay

I love the color and your hubby is a trooper, kudos to him for modeling it.

The size yarn and hook you use will depend on how big or small you want it.

You follow the pattern exactly as written except:

On row 1 you only need 17 dc, including beg ch-3

On row 3 you will have 34 dc, including beg ch-3

Otherwise, follow the pattern and you should be ok.

The Candy Apple Homespun one I'm making is coming out incredibly. I'm using a J hook this time to make it a little smaller for the lady, who isn't one of us BBW-That's Big Beautiful Woman :wink

:frog

Archived