Yarn and Cats

Do you have a cat.  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a cat.

• Yes I have a cat.
    • No I do not have a cat.

Yes! I have 3 adorable and energetic kittens, and I always have company if I try to crochet when they are awake! They want to play with my yarn constantly, but I can't let them because they chew right through it! I have crocheted or otherwise handmade all their toys, so they probably think all yarn is a toy! :lol But I love 'em to death anyway, and I could just smother them with kisses 'cause they are so sweet! I just have to share some photos to show you their cuteness! :manyheart (Clicky!)

Handsome Max

th_IMG_2571.jpg

Blue-eyed Molly

th_IMG_2572.jpg

Mischievous Maggy

th_IMG_2578.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3 cats! They all would like to help me when I crochet but are mostly pretty good and don't bother me too much. The youngest one will bring yarn to me when I'm in the computer room and he wants attention though. :cat:yarn

Yes I have them (5 of them that is) There is Sid (who is our geriatric Kitty), Mr. Frederick Fuzz Face (he is our adolescent at 2-years of age) and their 3 baby siblings, Rufus, Ms. Kit, and Meeka. at just under 3 months.

I also have a dog, A DBF, and 3 Kids (all boys). This doesn't qualify me as the crazy cat lady.

The cats are good with crochet stuff except the babies, they are still in training.

Hi Everyone,

Nice Kitties! I belong to one very spoiled rotten cat named Tuss E. Cat.

His favorite game is "lets play thread crochet!" He's an expert at breaking into my stash of thread balls and tangling them throughout the house. The rules of this game require him to do this after dark, preferably after everyone's asleep - this allows for maximum "surprise" when we try to get up in the morning and use the stairs. LOL

We love him though. I signed up for the crochetville class - learn to change colors - to make a special blanket just for him.

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0005-1.jpg

And we have an agreement - if ever someone finds us at the bottom of the stairs with a broken neck - the cat did it!

Happy crocheting,

I have a black kitten named Snowball. She's pretty good about it...

:eek I just realized I'm an old lady trapped in a twenty-one year old's body! (At least that's what my friends tell me...)

This is what they tell me at work.:blush I come in and sit in my office and :crocheting all day long. ( I am an operator, so I all I have to do is answer the phone.:phone)

Oh well.I seem to enjoy waht I am doign alot more than all the girls my age (almost 21) do. (also, happily married :hugwith 2 little ones already, and millions of WIP's:yarn) Oh, yeah and 3 cats and a goldfish.

We just lost 2 kittens out of the litter, but 3 left and I'm keeping them :D

000_0105.jpg

This is Pancho the first and only cat I have ever had and yes he is very interested in the thread when I am crocheting. He takes it and runs thru the room and makes a big mess. :eek

We have 6 cats. The only 2 I have to worry about are 'my girls' (my husband calls them that since they fight over my petting them and who gets to sleep at my feet). Callie likes to bat at the yarn while I am working and Mudball likes to chew the yarn off between the project and the skein. She also runs up and grabs the yarn in her mouth and tries to run off with it while I am working so the skein goes flying and if I'm not paying attention so does my project:lol

I have :cat :cat :cat :cat :cat they all love yarn. Really like it if they find a small ball it ends up all over the house like up the stairs back down in the livingroom back int the kitchen and under the table and under the chairs!

Everyone's kitties are so cute.

I have two :cat. They're sisters out of a litter of 5.

I've never had sister kitties before and have been amazed at how different their personalities are. They tend to leave my yarn alone, only occasionally "helping". It's been so much fun watching them grow up together. They came to live with me when they were 3 months old, approx. 7 years ago. They are both very healthy and still very active.

th_100_1048.jpg

:eek I just realized I'm an old lady trapped in a twenty-one year old's body! (At least that's what my friends tell me...)

Heh. I'm a 21 year old trapped in a 51 year old package. Maybe we can work out a trade of some sort? I'll throw in some yarn... :lol

Between me and my boyfriend we have 6. Only 2 of them are interested in Yarn, 1 is interested in thread, and the other 3 are curious, but never come out of hiding.

I have 1 who is about 18 mo. old. She is a mess but doesn't seem real intereted in yarn. Once in awhile when I'm working she'll bat at it but loses interest after a short time. I think she's A.D.H.D. I love her anyway. She is a beautiful black & white longhair. She is a princess & everyone around her must pay attn. to her.

No cats in this house. But I have tried to crochet at my neighbor's house (or should I say zoo) and her cats were all over me. She has two dogs, two cats, fish, kids and a live-in boyfriend.

I'll just stick with my parakeets. They just sing to the music I'm listening to.

:manyheart

I have two. a 19 year old named Vicki & her 14 year old kitten named Gabby. Vicki couldn't care less about yarn anymore, but Gabby still loves to get a hold of it.

Yes I have two cats actually...one here in Europe named Serenghetti, who really is a yarn shark pirate...and another in the states named Valentino...I'm not sure how he'd react to yarn...but Serenghetti's favorite toy is her Yarn borg (made up of scrape pieces of yarn from previous projects of mine.

I started off with one cat, Kitty - she was the love of my life. She only liked the most expensive of yarns!! The merino's, cashmere's, alpaca's. And I thought I was the yarn snob - HAH!! She passed and now I have three. I really only have one that goes after the yarn now and he like all of it. Lucky must be watched at all times when yarn is about. Grace and Shadow don't really care.

Archived