Do you have a cat.  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a cat.

• Yes I have a cat.
    • No I do not have a cat.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have 3 cats (2 dogs). The cats are Shadrack, Meshack, and Abby (short for Abendago) Pardon the spelling of the names, I know they are not quite right lol.

Shadrack is a dark grey tabby, who we got our first Christmas together as a married couple. A family found him in the yard with 2 of his nails torn off (we think someone tried to declaw him from home :angry), they coudln't keep him, so we did, he was about a month old.

Meshack, a big orange tabby, we found in the parking lot at work when hubby and I both worked at Best Buy together. He was in the A frame of a co-workers car and yelling so loud we thought he was hurt. Hubby got him out and the poor thing just curled up in his arms and it was love at first site. We thought he was another grey until we gave him a bath :lol He was about 3 months at the time.

Then after we moved out to Wyoming, I was working at a little store when a couple came in with two kittens. The male was a tabby(that they wanted to keep), and the female was a manx calico. I was not in the market for another cat, but you know how that goes. She came right up to me and sat on my shoulder for a good hour or so. So I fought the owners' son (who wanted to take her) and won, and now she is our little no tail Abby. She is pretty timid, but still likes to sit on my shoulder sometimes.

They don't usually get into the yarn, unless Shadrack gets mad at me for not wanting to pet him, then he will try to steal a skein and hide it :D. And Meshack will chase yarn if my daughter uses scrapes to play with. Abby just looks at it like she is soooo above all of that!

All and all we love our kitties, life wouldn't be the same without them. :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Poll's closed, but I have a cat. He's well-trained, in that he knows to not fiddle with yarn I'm working with directly. If I cut and give him a piece, though—especially if it's hot pink—he goes bananas!

(He's 10 years old and starting to get arthritis, too! :blink)

Luv my Squeaks. He is getting old now and arthritis setting into hind legs. When I used to crochet in living room, he would lay around until one of the balls rolled off the couch and then he was really into chasing it. Then I moved my crocheting into the upstairs den, and used a yarn can. He only got to chase balls occasionally when I dropped one or the can fell over. Since I got my yarn winder, he doesn't chase them or get close to them anymore. But I got him a small ball with a bell in it and he does try to impress me with it once in awhile, but mostly he justs sleeps near where ever I happen to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two cats - both boys. Odie generally leaves yarn alone, but Sam likes to play with anything even remotely string-like. The skein I'm currently using, however, seems to have captured the attention of both of them. I came home from work one day last week, to find that Sam (I'm guessing it was him) had laid on it until it was a completely different shape. He also, somehow, managed to get the paper off, while neither ripping it, nor detaching the glue (both ends are still connecting it in a loop). :lol

I have one spoiled cat his name is baby he has six toes on his front paws he looks like he is wearing boxing gloves. He doesnt play with my yarn but has to sit on me and kneads my project he goes into some kind of trance the softer the yarn the more his eyes roll into the back of his head LOL. I made him his own blanket but he only wants to lay on the one I am working on.

EMedley..........The two kittens we just got last weekend, look just like your two. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will!! I'm so glad we got two at the same time too, they are so funny together, and when they sleep together it is sooo cute!!

I am owned by 7 fluffy kids,my youngest kits Finn + Harley,pictured above,try crocheting with me.They love playing with the yarn.None of the others are interested though.xxxxx

I have two boys. Devil 5 years and Loki about 1 year. Both are mostly not interested in yarn except when it's a black ans white mix. Then Devil goes nuts! Guessing those are his fav colors. :lol

Archived