Keesha's Haekelbeutel

Schmetterling

This is my 2nd but I did 12 squares instead of 16. It's Sugar 'n Cream Summery Splash (something like that) and the border is Hot Blue.

The only catch that came up was I ran out of Summer Splash and did one square in Hot Blue. So I put it toward the back bottom. It looks surprisingly ok though like a funky little fun quirk.

Bag.jpg

I love that purse pattern and have been meaning to make myself one.

I love it! The colors are so pretty! I missed the first one you did. Going to try and go find it.

:manyheart

How pretty! I just love all these Haekelbeutel bags that everyone is making! The variations are endless, from the colors to the motifs that cam be used! They're great!

Thanks everyone! Sorry to take so long to respond but the site wouldn't let me post or in m profile at all.

As for the squares, I did 3 rounds of the Summer Splash (variegated) and then a DC border using Hot Blue. The handles and trim are also Hot Blue.

From the bottom to the top point of the squares, it is 15 inches tall (not including handles).

I didn't post pictures of the first one I did. My mom was here visiting from out of state, saw me looking at the pattern online, and bought some Sugar 'N Cream in the color Sonoma Print and had me make her one.

I made this one smaller because I have a permanent 3 pound lifting limit. Making the bag smaller will help me do what I'm supposed to and avoid trying to carry anything heavier since this will hold less.

My mom's took a full 3 of the 2 oz SNC skeins, and mine took a just over 2 skeins.

Archived