I hate weaving in ends, right up until I get in the mood to do it

Generally, I hate weaving in the ends of my projects, but every now and again I'll get in a mood to weave in lots of ends, to have the satisfaction of finishing something, and quickly. Because of this, I usually don't weave in my ends on a project, sometimes for months after finishing everything else about it. So I have lots of projects sitting around that would be considered finished except for those blasted ends (though I am using the dishcloths I recently made with the ends still flying free).

Does anyone else do this too?

I NEVER weave in ends. Before joining C'Ville I didn't even know what it was. When I finish a round in a colour, I grab a smaller hook and thread the 'tail' through the top of a few stitches (and around a few stitches - basically till it's firmly hidden,) then crochet over it. If I had to thread in ends months after doing a project, I'd never finish anything...

I'm pretty much a weave as I go kinda girl, the worse I do is when making an afghan now and then I'll do 10-15 rows before going back and weaving in ends, but even that drives me crazy, I like doing it as I go.... so when I'm done with the project, I'm really done! Looking at something that would be so nice and make me proud thinking "now just 3 hrs of end weaving left" discourages me!

I'm a weave as you go person too. If I didn't I would never get a project completed. Usually by the time I done with a project I'm so ready to be over it and on to the next one.

I just made myself a ripple afghan for my bed and I have the first half of ends sewn in because I had to wait and get more yarn for it before I was finished. The last half of ends are not sewn in and I just don't want to do it because the blanket is so big and heavy and it takes a lot of effort to just find the next end to sew in. I should really get them done because as soon as I finish, then I can use the blanket!

I'm pretty much a weave as I go kinda girl, the worse I do is when making an afghan now and then I'll do 10-15 rows before going back and weaving in ends, but even that drives me crazy, I like doing it as I go.... so when I'm done with the project, I'm really done! Looking at something that would be so nice and make me proud thinking "now just 3 hrs of end weaving left" discourages me!

Same here....I weave as I go.

I NEVER weave in ends. Before joining C'Ville I didn't even know what it was. When I finish a round in a colour, I grab a smaller hook and thread the 'tail' through the top of a few stitches (and around a few stitches - basically till it's firmly hidden,) then crochet over it. If I had to thread in ends months after doing a project, I'd never finish anything...

Think I like this method. I am new to making cool projects and this was never an issue before. From being a sewer I've heard the back should look as good as the front (yeah right); so this will be a good technique for me to incorporate right now at the beginning.

Thanks, Miss Crochet.

Oh. I'm diddle-farting around with a full size granny 'ghan and weaving. How I wish I had woven as I went! Will I do that from now on? I doubt it!

I mostly crochet over my ends so that's a do as you go thing. But when I do have ends to weave I also like to do as I go. If I had all the ends of an afghan to weave in when the afghan is done, it would never, ever be a finished afghan. Why would you do that to yourself?

I mostly crochet over my ends so that's a do as you go thing. But when I do have ends to weave I also like to do as I go. If I had all the ends of an afghan to weave in when the afghan is done, it would never, ever be a finished afghan. Why would you do that to yourself?

Mostly I do it to myself because I know there will be a day when I just want to weave in ends, and it happens roughly once every three months, and then I will weave in ends on everything I have at once. But if it is something I need immediately like a gift, or something I want to wear, then I will deal with it, and weave in the ends anyways. I also have a number of things just waiting to get sewn together...

I usually weave as I go. Few free tails don't bother me at the end, an easy job to do.

For large or many color changes projects, I tend to take care of ends right away (usually weave as I go).

For medium projects, I tend to weave while I do seaming - weave old ends before I do sewing part, then weave 1- 2 ends.

For smallest projects like dolls or small bags, I can tolerate the free tails for a while until I get in mood to do weaving. Again, it depends on the size of projects. :)

I'm the same as you. I save up some of the projects that have more ends to weave in till I get in the mood for it. I thought I was the only one.

Julee

I hate weaving in ends so much that despite how pretty many of them look, I really think very very hard about whether or not I'd want to actually do a project made up of motifs or lots of color changes. :(

I hate weaving in ends so much that despite how pretty many of them look, I really think very very hard about whether or not I'd want to actually do a project made up of motifs or lots of color changes. :(

I agree.

It hits me in spurts. I weave in some ends as I go, but usually I wait until I have about 10 to weave in, then I do all of them. I crochet more, and when the urge strikes, I weave in ends. I don't mind weaving so it doesn't bother me to wait. Sometimes if my wrists are sore from too much crocheting, I'll use that time to weave ends, since I just have to be touching something with yarn ;).

I try to weave in as I go.. I have waited til I have done about 10 rows and dread it..so now I have been doing it w/in 2 rows..and I seem to like it much better. For I know once I get to the end... everything is done but the last couple of rows!

I both crochet over my ends while going along, and weave them in when I am done with the project.I usually dont weave as I go, I do it at the end, doesnt bother me to much, the satisfaction of having a finished peice is worth it.

Kim

I'm one to wait until I finish, then drag the project up to the all night hamburger stand where I have 1-no cats to climb the afghan 2-a good sized table to work on 3-ac/heat 4 - bathroom and 5 - soda and food (I treat myself to a big breakfast when all the ends are gone).

If it weren't for restaurants, I'd never get anything done - I used to study all night in them so I'd quit getting distracted by the television (amazing how interesting reruns of anything are when you hate a class LOL).

If I could just figure out how to do my housework that way ...

w/ me, it varies. Sometimes i will crochet over the ends, will do some weaving as I go, and sometimes I wait to weave. I've got a bag of granny daughters that are in need of weaving in and I usually need to be in the mood w/ them (not sure why the difference though), today at work I took the newest project (the center part of the friend/family square that was posted recently) w/ me and wove ends in when I had down time (was like 16 blocks), and the other scrappy i have going is a 2sub, so i crochet over ends as I change colors/threads.

Sandy

LOL am I the only one that pushes this stinky job onto someone else?! I like making granny square afghans but hate the ends part of it so I get my husband to help - I crochet, he tucks in ends! I used to have my daughter help too but she just didn't do it as well.

I figure if he can snuggle up in the afghan he can help complete it! haha

Archived