Alpaca Silk Shrug

AmyOH

Hi All, I've just finished a new shrug commissioned by my LYS, and I need to find a couple of pattern testers willing to try out the pattern. (I'll need at least 2 who will use the yarn specified, and a couple to try and use another yarn of similar gauge.) Please let me know if you're interested and have the time to work on the pattern right away.

http://hookandi.blogspot.com/2005/06/alpaca-silk-shrug.html

Thanks!

Amy

Beautiful but from the name Alpaca Silk I doubt I could afford the yarn specified if I wanted to try it out.

Hope you get enough testers.

:frog

It's true--the yarn is about $7.95 per skein and you need 3-4 for the project, but you could easily substitute something else. It's just what the LYS chose, since they needed something they stock. It's really a wonderful yarn--sooo soft and easy to work, and very lightweight for such a bulky yarn. (and for this Princeton, NJ LYS $7.95 is on the low end of their yarn prices!!)

Beautiful but from the name Alpaca Silk I doubt I could afford the yarn specified if I wanted to try it out.

Hope you get enough testers.

:frog

:P

I would love to test....but I'm too slow to be of any use to you, I wouldn't finish it until next year at the rate I'm going with all my WIP's. Please do let me know how to get the pattern when it's done though!

(and for this Princeton, NJ LYS $7.95 is on the low end of their yarn prices!!)

:P

Sounds like the LYS here in Natchez, MS, I think the low end of their prices is around $8.95.

Archived