• Crochet! Would renew, I love it
    • Quick & Easy Crochet Would renew I love it
    • Magic Crochet would renew I love it
    • Interweave- won't renew
    • Crochet World won't renew
    • Crochet! won't renew
    • Quick & Easy Crochet- won't renew
    • Magic Crochet- won't renew

You forgot Crochet Today! I'm not sure if I will renew my Interweave Crochet, but I just renewed Crochet Today, as well as Crochet! I think that covers my crochet magazines.

Crochet Today is one of my favorite magazines. They always carry clear instructions and very interesting articles on technique. I also think that their designs are all great, whether or not I decide to make them!

I love Magic Crochet but i didn't think it was still being published. I search for old copies in the 2nd hand stores. Really like Crochet today but don't subscribe . Easily found in my book store, Same with crochet!. Do subscribe to Cro World tho. Jan.

Are there certain magazines that are more geared toward thread only or yarn only? I'm from a pretty small town and we don't have access to a lot of these magazines in the stores.

I don't currently sub to any crochet mags. But I'm giving serious thought to Interweave Crochet based on some of the items that ppl have shown that have come from the mag.

Irene

Do you know, is Interweave a more "modern" magazine?

I love Crochet Today and Interweave but I can't subscribe to either of them because I don't have the funds to. Instead I just browse when I can find them and if there's something I like, I buy it.

I also subscribe to "Crochet Today" and would renew. I have been a long time subscriber to both Crochet World and Crochet!. I also liked "Hooked on Crochet" but since they combined two magazines, it has fallen apart. It may even be going out of business. That's a shame.

:manyheart

Do you know, is Interweave a more "modern" magazine?

I'm not sure what you mean by more "modern". There is a website where you can look at the projects and get materials lists, I think. I like many of the projects they feature, and could see myself wearing them.

Irene

Our Public Library carries MOST of the magazines that are listed which is terrific. I can borrow the magazines to take more time looking. Interweave is definitely more "current" in designs, styles and trends. I like Crochet World and Crochet!. Both have a smattering of standard type patterns, kids things and one or two contemporary designs.

I didn't renew my subscription to Crochet World or Hooked on Crochet, since they were merging, and I don't think I've got either one in a few months. I subscribe to Crochet mag, and I like it, but the one sample I bought of Interweave, I didn't like. I also like Crochet Today but don't subscribe to it.

Do you subscribe to any crochet magazines? How do you like them? Is there another one that is not on my poll?

You left off an option so I didn't vote. You ask if we subscribe. No I don't.

To date I haven't because honestly I haven't wanted every issue of any crochet magazine. I like to browse through and buy issues with things I think I'll make.

Also I've read on here about problems people have getting Crochet Today. That's one I'd sub to if it weren't for the problems.

I may have to sub to Crochet World because it might be getting hard to find here now that it's merged with Annies Hooked on Favorites (or whatever that merged name was).

I subscribe to Crochet World. Two issues ago, I doubted I'd renew, but the current one is much better. So I'll probably keep renewing it. (currently renewed out for 2 more years) It has a nice variety (thread to yarn, fashion to "stuff"...more actually nice wearables lately, too). I like some of the section I think of as "old-time" in that you used to see them in more mags, "way back when"...like the Q&A and the pattern help sections. It's got a rather homey feel to it, that I enjoy. I can't add any others right now, its out of the budget. I'd love to see another like Magic Crochet, or something, dedicated to thread crochet come into existence. :)

ETA: CrochetWorld combined "Hooked on"? I didn't realize. I know "Hooked..." went out, but I didn't know they merged. I do know the editor for "CW" is retiring after 30 years and a new one is coming on board. It will be interesting to see what happens with that.

I get Quick and Easy as a gift, its a good one but only comes every two months. I buy Crochet Today! every month and love it also. Most of my things are books now, and Amazon.com usually has the best prices

I'm glad to hear that Crochet Today is a good magazine, I just subscribed a few weeks ago and am awaiting my first issue.

I wonder if any of my local book stores have any of the other so I can try them out.

My husband bought me my subscription to interweave crochet for christmas. I love it. I will renew it, but I would love to also get a few otrhers.

Kim

I don't subscribe to Crochet Today per se but I have an agreement with my local Avondale (corner store) that they will get it in for me. I don't have great luck with subscriptions so I avoid them at all costs.

I signed up for Hooked on Crochet and had a terrible time getting them. They have changed the name... yet again I believe... so I won't be renewing that one even though I enjoy the mag itself.

You left off an option so I didn't vote. You ask if we subscribe. No I don't.

To date I haven't because honestly I haven't wanted every issue of any crochet magazine. I like to browse through and buy issues with things I think I'll make.

Also I've read on here about problems people have getting Crochet Today. That's one I'd sub to if it weren't for the problems.

I may have to sub to Crochet World because it might be getting hard to find here now that it's merged with Annies Hooked on Favorites (or whatever that merged name was).

I left off a LOT of options that I wanted to put on there but unfortunately Crochetville limits your poll options to 10. :lol Your reply brings forth a VERY good option though. I may have to seek out SOMEPLACE that might have these magazines to buy. I've seen a couple but not all of them.

I eagerly await all my crochet magazines :mail, but more often than not, I'm usually disappointed. I don't do doilies, toys, bathroom tp covers, baby items and how many scarves and blankets can a girl have! :rant

I'd like more wearables and not need a degree in hieroglyphics to work up the patterns.

Sorry for going off.

I do like Interweave Crochet, not so much for the patterns, but oddly enough for the adds. I see accessories, company patterns and unusual yarns I won't see anywhere else.

I also get Crochet!, which I'm not loving too much. I feel that the CGOA would have a more professional feel for a professional publication.

Hope no one is offended by this. :sigh

I think you just helped me decide NOT to subscribe to anything. :lol These are VERY good points, ones I share with you. No offense taken here! :D

Archived