Gone with the Wind Melanie

Tampa Doll

I do hope everyone remembers this book:book and movie. I have always been fascinated with this period of our history and the elegance of the Southern way of life.

I found in my patterns this book by Fiber Craft and right away, the name Melanie came to mind. She was sweet and nice to everyone, not like Scarlett. She married her love, Ashley and always seemed to be a true Southern Belle, soft and sweet on the outside, but strong when it is needed.

The pattern name is called Miriam by Fiber Craft. I used Peaches and Cream in the colors of Lemon and Baby Green. Yes it is made in WW. She is carrying a 6” lacy umbrella with flowers attached.

Oh I almost forgot to mention:oops, as you can see, she is off to do some yarn shopping and she does have her own Crochetville tote to bring her goodies home.

th_8x6zmMissMelanie.gif (Clickable) th_8x6spMissMelanie.gif

Can you imagine what it would be like to have to walk around in all these cloths and ruffles?:eek Don't forget the hats, gloves, and pantloons. I am sweating just thinking about it.:lol

Off to see what color to do Scarlett’s dress. Ohhhhhh perhaps a bright red.

She is gorgeous. :manyheart:manyheart I love the tote you included in her ensemble.

I had to laugh when I read the first line in your post. I will always remember the book and movie since that is where my name came from :lol.

she is so beautfil. wish i had that pattern have alot of those patterns but not that one. love the bag. how do you do the letters?

she is so beautfil. wish i had that pattern have alot of those patterns but not that one. love the bag. how do you do the letters?

Guess I better confess. The DH reduced the lettering at the top of the page here, on the computer, so that it could be used like a pocket. I am not that good to do it with thread.

Thanks for all the compliments.:hook

Adorable - You never fail to charm and amaze me.

I think I wore out 10-15 paperback copies of that book - my folks gave me the 50th anniv hardcopy when it came out (and if that doesn't "date" me, I don't know what will!).

OMG that is such a beautiful doll! I can't wait to see your Scarlett Doll! I am addicted to that style of clothing and that era! I am just drooling over those pictures!

Absolutely beautiful!! I love that time period too... Gone with the WInd has to be one of my all time favorites... the one I watch when all the testosterone is out of the house with the tissues and I can say the lines along with them... " I don't know nothin' bout birthin no babies".... love that line...

Another great job MJ

Lea

Oh MaryJo!!!! Melanie is just beautiful!!! I love the book from Margaret Mitchell and the movie is just a CLASSIC!!! My nickname, Melly, came from Gone with the wind and your doll is just GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for sharing! I just love her crochetville tote to go shopping at the LYS! What fun!!

:droolalways when I am looking at all your dolls and other projects that you have done! My DH thinks your work is just amazing! He is always lol sneaking a look at the screen when I think he isnt.lol

She's beautiful. I just watched Gone With the Wind again about a week ago actually. I love that movie. Great job on the dress, it's perfect.

And don't forget the corsets they also wore under the dress.. and the chemise under the corset...

No wonder ladies fainted so easily then..

Although I think fainting couches should make a recurrence....

She is really pretty!!!

I like her very much!!

Great job!!

Gone with the wind is my all time favorite movie

Archived