Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

I'm not sure when I'll be able to make this. I'm pretty sure I'll make it this year sometime but I'm not going to have the money for the yarn till after the trip. So now I'm looking for a less expensive project to take with me on my trip. I'll definitely lurk in here still and join you when I do finally get it started.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, but I will not be making this afghan after all. I just read a thread ounder other topics about simply soft yarn which is the yarn I am using and after I read how the objects made from this yarn look after it's was used and wash over a period of tme I seem to lose my interest in using this yarn to embark on such a huge project such as this. I ordered the ss paints yarn have to see if I can cancel the order if not oh well.:think:angry

Sorry to hear you're leaving. Maybe later you can find some suitable yarn to make this afghan, if you want.

I was able to do 3 more 'eye" pieces today at lunch. Well besides the boarder. I'm hoping to finish up the one block (center and surrounding pieces) this weekend, then I'll post a picture.

Patty, I just saw yours on your blog. Looks great!

Debbi

Well, I think I'm off to Caron's website to see if I see another color I want to use for my color bands. I just had this dreadful feeling that when I finally can order my Paints, my color won't be in stock (especially considering I need 17 skeins). They have to have another color that I'll like, even if it's another solid. I've finished all my octagons and my centers, I have 31 more eyes to do (almost out off off-white again lol) and then 142 color bands. I hate wasting time, so I think I'll just go on with another color. I can always make another one! :hook

And I was thinking... I wonder if this pattern would work in thread for a doll bed? :think My stepdaughter is too old for that type of thing ("a blanket for a DOLL BED?? Really???" I can hear her now lol) but I thought it would be super cute for some little girl's doll house!! :yes

Any opinions on a match for Autumn Red & Off-White? Hmm... I'm thinking Country Blue. Too bad their Embroidery Prints doesn't really match (I checked at Walmart). Any other ideas? I'd be glad to hear them!

Wow you're moving along on this!

Oh I think a thread one would be darling!

I split the screen in word and am comparing the colors... I like the dark country blue. Gray heather would also look nice, maybe. Lt country Blue also looks good, that would keep it from being overly dark, maybe, unless you want to go that way, which can look good. I guess I'm just thinking of summer and lighter colors:lol. Oh Soft Pink looks good too... Oh I like victorian rose too... :lol

Guess I'm not being much help, sorry.

Debbi

I think I'm an idiot....my eye does not "pucker" like the ones posted....this does say slp wrong sides together....this creates a raised edge and inverts my eye. What am I doing wrong? duh....

Mine has this raised edge, too. I assumed it was supposed to look like that. I kind of like the way it looks with my colors--gives it some dimension. I have no puckers either.

I think I'm an idiot....my eye does not "pucker" like the ones posted....this does say slp wrong sides together....this creates a raised edge and inverts my eye. What am I doing wrong? duh....

Patty--your afghan looks beautiful in your blog pictures. It looks like you have that raised edge as well where the pieces connect. Are you bothered by it?

Not at all. I really like the look and I prefer to slip stitch or sc pieces together because it's much easier (or maybe I'm just lazy:lol).

Patty--your afghan looks beautiful in your blog pictures. It looks like you have that raised edge as well where the pieces connect. Are you bothered by it?

I would love to start one, but cannot find the pattern. Can someone help me out.

There's a link on the very first page of this thread but go a few posts down to find the correct link.

I have started mine too, I'm doing the one from the Herrshners book which is quite different from the one y'all are doing. I'll post pics later.

There's a link on the very first page of this thread but go a few posts down to find the correct link.

I have started mine too, I'm doing the one from the Herrshners book which is quite different from the one y'all are doing. I'll post pics later.

I tried the Herrshners pattern, but it was too much "sewing" for me. I liked the idea of piecing one together better. The afghan in the book is gorgeous, though. Can't wait to see your pictures.

I copied this pattern a couple of weeks ago and decided before making it in yarn I was going to try it in thread. I am making it in Christmas colors and it is going to be wall hanging size. Will post a picture when I get it finished. It may take me awhile since I fell and fractured my ankle on Sat.

I really like the look and I prefer to slip stitch or sc pieces together because it's much easier (or maybe I'm just lazy:lol).

It's not being lazy, sewing them together is a pain! :yes Your yarn gets all twisted and I think it's harder to find the right stitches if I'm sewing them.

Debbi- I think I'll take a peek at the pinks and blues when I go to Walmart this afternoon. DH said he doesn't care (go figure lol he just wants something warm) so I'll just get creative. Any opinions are a help! :hug I'll let you all know what I come up with when I get back! :hook

I copied this pattern a couple of weeks ago and decided before making it in yarn I was going to try it in thread. I am making it in Christmas colors and it is going to be wall hanging size. Will post a picture when I get it finished. It may take me awhile since I fell and fractured my ankle on Sat.

I'm sorry about your ankle!! :hug At least you'll have plenty of laid-up time to crochet! :P I can't wait to see how it looks in thread. I love your idea of doing it in Christmas colors and using it as a wall hanging! Hmm... I have red and green thread at home... DH is going to hurt you, you gave me another project on my To Do list!! :lol

Hi everyeone!!!!!!!!!! I am just stopping by to let you all know that Dorothysgirls has not abandoned you all today!!!!!!!! She has been having some computer issues and Crochetville, for some unknown reason, is the only site she can not access :(. As soon as she gets back up and running, she will be here. She is sooooooo :( cuz she wants to be here but I have updated her on what is going on so far today!!!

Thanks for your time and understanding!!! You guys are the greatest!! Have fun crocheting and lots of :hug and :manyheart to you all!!!!

So I'm not crazy then?...lol. I'm torn about slp stitching it together or simply sewing with a whip stitch. It seems people are doing both. I think I'll make a few more pieces and try the center motif before I venture into putting it together again.

So I'm not crazy then?...lol. I'm torn about slp stitching it together or simply sewing with a whip stitch. It seems people are doing both. I think I'll make a few more pieces and try the center motif before I venture into putting it together again.

Of course you aren't crazy :). I think you just need to pick the look that you prefer. If the ridges bother you, then try the whipstitching. There is really no right or wrong as long as you are happy with your work ;).

I LOVE this pattern! I am thinking of starting one very soon. Have a few projects I need to finish up first, also my mom is coming to visit and to watch my new baby girl for my first week back at work soon so I will have someone to shop for yarn with for this project !!! :D Will post again when I have the yarn and am ready to begin!

OOOO.... pretty!

I haven't been around for awhile, but I popped in to see if I could get an idea for a piecework ghan for summer. I have the other pattern mentioned earlier, and I love it, but it is a LOT more work- I think I like this one! I need to wait a few weeks, but me thinks I need to try this one.

I have always wanted to use RH waterlilies for something, and this seems perfect. Maybe with yellow octogons?... I think that would have the feel of an old calico print, and it is the traditional pastels. Has anyone tried this combo before? Is cornmeal a good match?

Hello Every one!! My wireless internet seems to be working only when it wants to and I can't come to the ville on the lap top so we had to unhook every thing and hook up the desk top and I can get to the ville once in a while so it is very hit or miss!! Belkin is going to send us a new router next week. I missed you guys!!

Crazycrochet: Your colors sound pretty!!!

Cheeria: Sorry to see you go. If you find diffrent yarn we would love to see you back!!

Yarn monkey: Have you tried Mary Maxim? I just got their new catalog and they are selling caron paints.

Debbie a1: How are you doing on yours??

1 Butter cup: Both of you color choices sound wonderful!!

Patty K: Welcome the pics you have on the blog look great. I am also doing a slip stitch to join mine.

luvtocrochet757: Have you picked your colors??

Crochetmom2: There is a great sticky post about putting pics up. I just now read it and can put up pics and not just links!!

Sporter: Did you find the pattern??

agmom: Please post some pics I would love to see thin done in thread. Sorry about your ankle.

Sewnsew: I am sure we will be here. I am not moving very fast on this at all.

benthyredders: I am using 3 diffrent hook sizes and I hope to have mics up soon. The wonderfull 4 year old twins took off with the camera!! I need to find it!!

Those Darn Pickles: Welcome!!! I love your name....

Julie B in WA: Welcome and I think your colors are going to be pretty!!

Has any one thought about doing this as a scrap afghan? With all of the color bands in diffrent colors? I think that would be super pretty. Just a thought....

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Well, I bought Dark Country Blue for my color bands. It's way cheaper to do it this way than to order from anywhere, so it fits our budget better. Besides, like my grandma said, I can always make another one with the Paints. :devil DH didn't go for the pink idea (and he said he didn't have an opinion lol) so it's blue.

I've got 7.5 color bands done already, 6 sl st'd to eyes. Took me a minute to figure out that I'm sl st'ing front lps to back lps, but I have it figured out finally. :hook

I'm officially 42% finished. :yay I might not finish by the time DH gets home (or by the time I go out there when he's finished, depending on finances), but at least I'll have it pretty darn close!

Archived