Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

I have followed every tutorial and FAQ on posting pictures, and I am still getting the box with the red X in it. Can anyone help?:eek

Do you have your pictures on photobucket?

1: put pics on photo bucket

2: check little box directly under photo. ( red frame around pic)

3: scroll to bottom of the page, it will say generate codes. Click that.

4: go to next page,it will say IMG clickable thumbnails. Left click over the code.

5: Come here and start your post. Then right click and then paste.

It will look funny theere will be a bunch of letters preview post and the pic will be there.

I hope that this helps!!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scrappy sounds great for this afghan. I thought about it for a minute or two, since the traditional quilt has the color bands made up of five squares of random pastel calico. Then I figured out how many ends that would be to weave in and I chickened out. :)

:eek

Scrappy sounds great for this afghan. I thought about it for a minute or two, since the traditional quilt has the color bands made up of five squares of random pastel calico. Then I figured out how many ends that would be to weave in and I chickened out. :)

I ment to do each color band a diffrent color. I couldn't immagine weaving all the ends that you would have to do if you did it like the traditional wedding ring.:eek I still think it would be neat to do and after I finish this one I might do another one that is scrapy. We will see.

th_dwr003.jpg

clickable

I wanted to put some of the pieces together. They are done in diffrent hook sizes. Color bands and octagons are done with a J. The eye is done in a I. and the center is done with a K. I put the edging on each piece with a J. It seems to lay somther and it went together nicely. Now that I have that figured out I am going to work on getting more pieces done!! :manyheart

luvtocrochet757: Have you picked your colors??

I've decided to do mine in navy, dark raspberry and high sierra ombre. Navy will take the place of the white, dark raspberry will be the trimming. My sister didn't want white or cream as I'd selected. She wanted the navy background. I decided to try it.

I completed 4 navy eyes, 1 color band and 1 octagon. I'm anxious to see what it will look like put together.

After piecing together a whole section, it puckered terribly. I am going to block it today and see if it helps. If it doesn't, I am going to try dorothysgirls suggestion and use size J hook for the bands OR K for the center. All was well until I inserted the center, so I'll probably just make that bigger. It would be better than redoing a bunch of bands:eek.

Dorothysgirls, thanks for the picture posting information, but I am still getting the red X box and the pictures are not flowing over. I will keep trying and won't give up! I am wondering if it has to do with how my pictures are loading to photobucket.

Dorothysgirls: I like what you've done so far, the colors are very pretty. :) Also, thanks for posting directions for clickable pics- I've been wondering that forever!

Well, I have 12 color bands done, all attached to eyes and then to octagons. So far I don't have much poof, but I think that might come when I put the centers in. I should be able to start adding them tonight.

And for whoever asked me how big I was making my ghan (sorry, I can't remember who it was :blush), I'm just adding one section extra all the way around and based on the little corner I have done so far (on my expanded sketch, it's top left octagon, color band, octagon, color band) it's already halfway across my queen-sized bed, and with the same amount finished going down, it's halfway from the bottom of the pillows to the foot of the bed. I have a feeling this thing is going to be huge by the time I'm finished! :yes

So far, though, I'm loving it. Once I get a center or two in tonight, I'll take some pictures to post. Clickable, now that I know how! :D

Hello all!!! I think instead of trying to increase the amount of pieces that I am going to make I am going to do a bigger border. I would ultimatly like it to fit on a queen size bed as well. I have done several afghans but by the time I finish them I don't want to see them so I wind up giving them away. I am truly hoping that is not the case with this one. I just finished the Aztec Sun and once the pictures were done I put it up. :yay:yay:yay

Dorothy that is turing out gorgeous! I'm still plugging away on mine, but I keep starting WIPs:blush so it gets put to the side. Of course I keep doing pieces at lunch at work, so that helps. I did another center, so as soon as I get some time I can add edgings and sew together. Who knows when that will happen, the next few evenings after work are busy.

I was thinking as someone mentioned the scrappy idea, that there are some crochet quilts with little squares, and that could work for the band, or if you didn't want to join, you could do a few rows of one color, attach another color and do another few rows, keep going. Then you wouldn't have to sew the little square together, like the other quilts (like on Happy Yellow House which are gorgous though...)

Debbi

Well, I got a center motif added! :woo I'm so proud- I can finally see progress instead of just a million pieces in Walmart bags lol. I'm putting it together as I make color bands just to keep things interesting. I can't go getting bored now! I haven't managed to take a pic yet (mainly b/c I have too much other junk taking up space on my bed that I don't need to share with the world lol) but hopefully tonight. And hopefully by that point I'll have another center or two added! :hook

I put away another color band in my bag, and realized I have a lot of pieces that need boarder and then could be put together. Even 2 centers.:clap So I'm going to work on the boarders at lunch today and tomorrow and maybe tomorrow night have time to sew some together.

Debbi

Well, I have no idea what I'm doing differently, but I have no poof- only a little ridge where I sl st things together. Not really complaining, as long as it all fits together I don't really care, but I just thought it was odd. :think I haven't even changed hook size anywhere, just H all the way through. Who knows?

I'm officially 50% done with all my pieces though! And about 5% done with the assembly lol. :cheer

Edited to Add... Question: Anybody else coming up with 1 extra st on the center motif side of the color band when joining? :think At first I was just fudging it and making it fit without skipping (2 color band sts sl st'd to 1 center st) and now I'm just leaving out 1 st on the hdc side of the color band.

th_100_0172.jpg

Ok, I finally got a picture loaded, after hours of trying!:jumpyay:woo:rock:2rock I actually have the whole section put together, but I'm so excited to get this picture on that I can't wait to load another one!!

th_100_0172.jpg

Ok, I finally got a picture loaded, after hours of trying!:jumpyay:woo:rock:2rock I actually have the whole section put together, but I'm so excited to get this picture on that I can't wait to load another one!!

I love your colors!!! :manyheart

Maybe tomorrow I'll remember to post my own pics! :lol

I love the color choices, crochetmom2. :) I am still thinking about doing this pattern in colorful threads. I need to check Michael's threads.

I have to finish up some WIPs first. :sigh

I'm really looking forward to doing this one- someday soon Seattle will finally get some summer weather (we are still rejoicing when we break 60 degrees) and I'll need a piecework project.

I'm having a tough time getting to the store to buy yarn, though. I was planning on using Waterlily, Cornmeal, and Soft White. I'm really chicken to buy online, though, without seeing these together. I'm really picky- does anyone have these or know how well the yellows match? Also, does anyone knw of any good sales/prices right now online?

Thanks girls!

Julie, I'm not sure how those would look. I'd have to wait to see in a store too. Until online gets more true to life pictures, it's hard to buy some things, like for this project. And don't worry about rushing, I'm sure we'll still be here when you get ready to start. I'm not that far. I think I may be ready to put my second "block" (with center) together with my first block (not finished).

Debbi

Here's what I've got so far.

th_crochet453.jpg

I think I'll take this with me on our camping trip in a few weeks and really get a bunch on it done then.

Oh dear.

Now I'm thinking I may have to do that awesome stained glass 'ghan in Heather's avatar. I was going to do the DWR for a friend of mine who just eloped last week, but she is just not a pastel/quilty type of gal. She is more an elegant type, kwim?

I may just have to do this in waterlilies anyhow... SOMEONE will need a gift soon, right?

Well, I'm off to Kansas City!! :cheer I'm definitely taking all my yarn (bought more at walmart today- my stashbusting score hates me lol) and my hooks on the plane tomorrow evening, so hopefully I will get a lot of work done. Plus I have Dramamine for once I'm on the truck. :P

I probably won't be able to update you all on my afghan for a few weeks- DH isn't planning to come home until around July 9 (our anniversary and my stepdaughter's birthday) but then I'll have pics and lots more progress to report.

Although I'm 99% sure it will NOT be finished by then. :lol I do have 4 centers attached down the lefthand side, with 2 more to go, then all the columns across (5).

Hope everyone has lots of luck working on their 'ghans and I'll be back in a few weeks!! :hug

Archived