Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

I want to play but will have to wait until the yarn faerie brings me enough money for all the yarn I will need.

@Yarn Monkey good luck with your hubby in his new job. My moms boyfriend went through 'class' to become an owner/operator for a certain big company (who does the freighting for WalMart) and they are screwing him over bad. He has a case with the labor board too but is taking his time to find more like him & there are a lot more they are doing this too. They have red trucks with white writing usually but the newer ones are grey as well.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also was looking at the Caron Simply Soft Paints and was trying to find a place to buy it. I haven't check Wal-mart yet but I probably will order it on line for this afghan is really on my mind to do. Once I have by varigrated color picked out I can start my afghan and will buy the other colors as I need them. I am planning on going with the Rose Garden Paint. My solid color will either be Victorian Rose or Plum Wine and the eye will be cream. I think this week AC Moore has Caron Simply Soft on Sale. I plan on going to AC Moore tomorrow so I can at least get started on the other parts of the afghan.

Hello Every one I am sorry that I have been missing for so long... I have carpal tunel and for some reason it has decided to act up horribly for the last week or so. My hands are falling asleep, I am getting sharp pains up my arms and I am having a hard time working on this because of the single crochets. I have also been woking on teaching my 12 year old how to crochet! That has been an experiance.

Sewnsew: When is your trip? Are you going some palce :interest?

Crazycrochet: Your colors sound pretty!!:yes

Yarn monkey: You have more done than I do. I can't wait to see pictures!!!:photo

hseger: I am working a Cathedral Window in seaspray I can't wait to see it with blue (mine is with purple):sheepjump

Andrea2006: Are all your colors tan? I think that will be pretty!!:rose

Jessical: What colors are you thinking about after the yarn faeire come to visit??:mdust

Cheeria: I have never seen CSS in paints for sale. I can't wait to see how it works up. It is so pretty online.:jumpyay

Dorothy think that they might all end up in the brown family somehow. Although I do have the claret, painted desert ad aran flec that I bought to do the cathedral window and gave up on lol. So I suppose I could do somthing with those. Will play around I suppose and see.

Now that I'm back from my camping trip I can start working on the wedding ring quilt afghan again!! :yay

Sewnsew -- Hopefully it'll be warmer up here in Minnesota by the time you come up here!! Today's high is only 60!! Yikes!!

I haven't been able to work on mine this weekend. I have a wedding coming up and am working on a quick afghan for that. then I can get back to this. I have been able to do a few pieces here and there as this is a great travel one, so at lunch at work and when I went to the laundry mat. But I won't piece together until later. So maybe this Friday I can post a picture.

Debbi

I also was looking at the Caron Simply Soft Paints and was trying to find a place to buy it. I haven't check Wal-mart yet but I probably will order it on line for this afghan is really on my mind to do.

None of the Walmarts around me have it, and neither does Michaels. :angry This is what I found online: www.Joann.com has it (for $2.99 I think), but I think it's popular since it's new- they only had 5 skeins of Sunset when I was looking for it, and by my math I'd need about 8. www.discountyarnsale.com has it too ($7.73 for a bag of 3), but they don't guarantee things will be in stock and they'll just ship what they have. www.ShopCaron.com has it too, and I think that would be the best bet. It's $2.99 a skein and they're shipping isn't too outrageous, which is certainly a plus and standard shipping is 3-7 days, if I remember correctly.

Now that I've found shopcaron.com, I think I might go ahead and do the Sunset color instead of Navy because I really had my heart set on it. I just have to wait for DH's first paycheck to get in the bank on the 6th so I can order it. Then I'll really have to bust tail to get it done, because DH said he'll probably be back to get me on the 18th! The good thing is, I can at least have the Autumn Red and the Off-White all done by then and if I'm not completely finished, I can take a dramamine and finish it in the truck! :lol

Has anybody else noticed that a skein of Simply Soft at Michael's costs $3.50 and at Walmart it's $2.07?? :eek Yeesh. Good thing Walmart has my colors!

I want to do this sosososo bad, but I'm a newbie to crochet. I know how to do all basic stitches though as I made several practice swatches in each. I don't know how to join peices evenly though, think you all could help me along with it? I have several other projects to finish up first, but I REALLY want to do this for me & my sweetie as this is 5 years for us. Maybe by July I'll be able to start it. =_= :lol

Chastity

PS Caron Simply Soft is on sale at www.joann.com! (1.99 vs. 2.99)

Chastity Yes we will help you join pieces when you're ready. And that was a great idea to try the pieces before committing to this project. I think it's a pretty easy afghan, although there are a variety of stitches and the center piece is a little different (with the "corners") but not too hard.

Debbi

Jessical: What colors are you thinking about after the yarn faeire come to visit?

I was hoping to do it ina color no one expects from me which will prbably end up being pinks & whites. But I'd really love to do one with a gold/red/brown varigated & coordinating colors to match.

I just ordered 9 skeins of the simply soft paints in Rose Garden and I am planning on going to AC Moore sometime today or tomorrow to pick up a few skeins of my other colors. AC More is havinge a sale on simply soft yarn this week for $1.99. Thank you for mentioning about buying the simply soft paints from the Caron site for that is where I purchase mines. The shipping wasn't to bad for 9 skeins. iI had a couple of $'s left over from my budget and I said to myself why not. So I guess I will be joining you all soon. Are we using the size hook suggested for the yarn we are using?????? Hugs:cheer

I am going to try to do mine a little differnt. I don't like the way it is turning out so I am going to do my color bands and octagons with a j . I am going to do the eye with an I. and the center blocks with a k. I am going to do up a couple samples and see if it lays flatter. I will post pictures when I get them together. I hope to have them done today!

:blush Good grief... I just did the math on my expanded afghan and of the CSS Paints I need.... *drumroll*...

17 skeins!!!! :faint

With shipping from shopcaron.com, it comes to a grand total of $63. Good thing this is a gorgeous afghan, it can be a family heirloom, and DH finally has a good job!!! :yes

OK, I'm in, this will be my summer piece work project. I picked up my yarn at HL today . I am using simply soft in Country Blue and Off White with the Country Blue Ombre. I am really excited about it and this one will be for me.

well i have my printer being worked on right now so I can print off the pattern. I keep changing my mind about the colors I have some choco cherry and trying to decide if i should use the aran and coffee with it or what . I hate making decisions im not good at putting colors together like that.

Evening everyone, I did get to go to AC Moore yesterday evening and I brough off white and victorian rose colorway - 3 skeins each. Now to wait for my simply soft paints to be delivered and I will be all set to start. I would begin some of the pieces now but I rather start next week for I am going out of town for the week-end starting on Friday morning. This will be my first quilt like afghan for all the afghans that I have made have been for babies and made in one piece so sewing the pieces together will be totally new for me but I am confident that I will be able to do it. Everyone I showed this pattern to was instantly in love with it even my DH, he is the one who shocked me the most for he told me to buy the yarn I need to make it. :eek

Everyone I showed this pattern to was instantly in love with it even my DH, he is the one who shocked me the most for he told me to buy the yarn I need to make it. :eek

Certainly does make it a lot easier when they like the project!! :yay It was the same way here with my DH. :manyheart

Well I worked on mine a little this morning, I needed something different to do. I had to frog an Octangal. I even sewed it to 2 of the pieces.:(. I don't know what made me think 7 sides:blush, just because it says "repeat 7 times" or something like that.:lol But I redid that and sewed it all together and now I'm working on sewing the center together to the rest. The center as it seems too small to fit, but does.

Debbi

I can't wait to order my CSS Paints so I can put together some of the motifs that are taking up space in my WIP bag. :yes I ran out of Autumn Red and Off-White on Tuesday, so I went to Walmart today to get more. 2 skeins of AR and 3 skeins of OW later, I'm back to work! This is what I have so far...

Color Bands- zip/142

Octagons- 25/42

Eyes- 17/71

Centers- 9/30

According to my math, I'm about 18% done and I've got until the 18th of June to finish it. :eek I need to get my :hook in gear!! :lol

You should be able to finish it. The color bands work up quickly and after you do a few you don't even have to really pay too much attention.

I still don't have my center all sewen in. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to either use stitch markers or pins to pin it in place (maybe just the center and corners), it might make it easier for me.

Debbi

Well, I'm starting to prepare for this ghan! I bought my main color yesterday which is white, had my accent color and ordered my variagated last night from Herrschners (free shipping).

I told myself I wouldn't start until I finished two of the WIP's I've got going now so it should work out just perfect.

Archived