Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

:) I hope so. Just a few questions, the pattern is listed as Experienced... to my understanding, experienced patterns don't list step by step instructions but more or less let you fill in the gaps where they leave off... Is that how this pattern is?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not run into that I have several color bands done and a few of the all the other pieces and I have some of them assembled. This is one of those patterns that I am not sure why it is listed as intermediate! Just keep in mind if you get stuck we will help. It may be listed that way because of the sewing of pieces together! Honestly I don't think it is that bad. I am not one who likes to piece things together. but if you do it as you go I don't think it will be that bad!! Hope to see you soon!!

I worked on mine a little this weekend. Not enough for a "square" with the center piece (which they said sew in last--I read after I crocheted it:lol).

I didn't understand why it's listed as "experienced" either. I've done all the pieces that you have to do and they're not that difficult. Maybe "intermediate" but not experienced. I think the sewing and stitches are why they labeled it experienced. There is some DTC but that's not too difficult. And the center piece with the "corner wings" are kind of different, but not bad at all. And yes we here can help you out.

Debbi

I am really interested in this pattern but I checked out the cost of the yarn for it and it could be expensive. What type of yarn is everyone using for this project. I thought of pounders but they do not have a good selection of the print yarn. :think

I figure it's going to be expensive too, but I've wanted to make this forever (but don't sew and didn't like the other versions), so it will be worth it to me.

I'm using RHSS and it's about $40 for the yarn.

If you wanted to use pounders, see if there's a print yarn you like that would match the solid color that you would want. It might still work. I don't have many choices in those. RH and SS is the most we have and walmart has a better selection. Plus they had my favorite verigated, Monet, so I went with that.

Debbi

Thanks to Darski, I peek at the pattern. I have to save the pdf! Same as others, I have to finish up WIPs before I can try this pattern. I will keep an eye on this CAL until I am ready to try it along with ya' all.

Hello Every one!! I am sorry that I have not been posting I have been fighting the school!! Now DD has to have her finger splinted for 6-8 weeks minimum. Hopefully tonight I can get back to work on mine!!

Debbie-a1: Thank you for answering MithraGoddess's question I have been super busy!! I was thinking about how to phrase what I wanted to say and I came back to the post and you had already done it!!:yay We seen to relly be operating as a group!!!! We rock!!

heseger: What colors are you going to use??

Cheeria: Yes, it is expensive but the end result is stunning!! I hope to see your progress!!

Sewnsew: I am using ILTY for mine the color choices are better and the yarn is so much softer. What color is bay print? Please post pics!!

tahlara: I can't wait to see what colors you come up with when you join!!

I love seing all the differnt color combinations!! I am off to start working on mine again.:manyheart

I love seing all the differnt color combinations!! I am off to start working on mine again.:manyheart

I love to see the different color combinations too. I know there can be a lot out there. And I bet the "white" could even be a different color if someone wanted. I'm thinking light or a contrast to the "rings", but I guess it doesn't even have to be white. I can't wait to see more pictures of these.

Oh I did a few of the color bands at lunch and I found they are very easy to do. After doing a few I don't even have to count... 1, 2, 3... 1,2,3,4,5... :) (I was counting the stitches so I wouldn't get lost) I just crochet away! And can think of other things.

Debbi

I haven't picked my yarn yet and do not know what brand or colorway I will be using. It's raining here and I am would love to go to the yarn store to look and decide, but I guess all good things have to wait. :hook

I like to look at the yarn and decide. I knew I wanted blue, but wasn't sure which verigated blue, so I saw monet and choose a blue to match it.

I did some more assembly last night. I have one more side to put togehter, then the center. This will give me one of those complete squares. I have to do the "eye" to crochet and boarder on one color band. I all ready did the center before I read that they suggest sewing the center last. When I finish that I think I'll post a pic (it maybe my Friday Picture by the time I finish:)).

Debbi

After going thru my stash, I am going to making my baby one out of Caron soft touch, in light purple, yellow and the varigated one with purple and yellow in it. Purple will be the main color. Still not ready to start, but I got the yarn and the pattern, two-thirds the way there. :hook

I'm In I'm In I'm In!!!! :cheer I'm so excited! I already bought two of my colors, and the multi I'm going to have to order. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red and Off White and their Paints line in Sunset, which I'm going to have to order from www.discountyarnsale.com, because nobody around here carries it. Since SS doesn't have a dye lot, I'm buying it little by little so DH can get a few paychecks in while I'm working on it. I'm making it bigger than the pattern calls for by adding a section to each side and end. I already have 8 of the octagons done and I'm plugging right along. :hook

Okay, change of plans... I talked to DH and explained my problem with the CSS Paints (nobody has enough for me to make the afghan as written, much less at the expanded size I'm doing) so the multi-red is becoming navy blue. Walmart has it, so I'm good to go! :yes I have all 20 of the octagons made that the pattern calls for, but based on my expanded sketch, I'm going to need 42. :blush I have a lot of work to do in the next 3-4 weeks!! :hook

I think the colors I'm using are Med. Blue, Ivory and seaspray ombre in the "ILTY" I bought all the varigated I'll need but will just buy the blue and ivory as I go so it's not so much money all at once. :D

I still haven't gotten to start it :( maybe this week.

I think this would be a great gift for my sister who is getting married next may. I have the book version which is different from the pattern that is free that is posted at the beginning. the freebie seems so much easier than the pattern i have. I need to go thru my stash and see what i have but if i have to use a varigated then I thik the taupe, aran or off white (whatever it is called in the one pounders) and maybe the linen or no wait the wheat i think is the varigated. What do you all think that will look like? talk to you soon. I will have to write the pattern out since the printer is on the fritz. I will check in soon . I havnt crochet since xmas but hope to start this soon.

Archived