Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

Ok I bought my yarn for this today :sigh:lol

I've wanted to do one for a long time. I'm going to make this one for my bed.

I'm going to use "I love this yarn" in Ivory, Med. blue and seaspray ombre.

I've got to work on a few other things but maybe I'll get to start in a few days.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, can I join too? I haven't done a crochet along before, but once I saw Darsky's post on Sunday I had to rush out and get some yarn to start it. :)

So far I only have 3 pieces of it made. I'm a little paranoid since it said it was an advanced pattern, :eek but so far so good. I'm using cotton yarn, I want mine to be a lighter version since I plan on giving it to my mom that spends a great deal of the year in Arizona.

I am so tempted but I really need to get some of my UFOs done first... But this one is pretty high up on my WIM list! Maybe in a month or so I'll have more stuff done up and be ready to get onto it :D Or by then I will have seen several completed afghans and will have to start too :lol

Hello!!

1Buttercup: I hope to your colors soon:yay

Yarn Monkey: I had not seen the CSS paints before I saw your post and I had to go searching for it. Where do you buy it??:blush

Ider1: I am using a J hook instead of an I so we will see if the helps it lay flatter.:yes

hseger: I love the seaspray!! I am using it in a Cathedral window afghan! I used purple with it!! I can't wait to see it with blue!:clap

Lyndylou: You are more than welcome to join us The more the merrier! I have never done a afghan in cotton.. What colors did you pick??:crocheting

econ-nerd: Hope to see you soon!!:D

I had to take the last couple of days off from working on mine our 12 year old had a major project due at school and I have been helping with it. She only has 10 more day to go then she will be home to pester my 4 year old twins!! :eek

I haven't made an afghan in cotton before either, but the colors caught my eye at Michael's. I'm using Lily Sugar & Cream Confection Colors - White, Cream (yellow), and Marshmallow (yellow, white, & green ombre).

Here is a picture of what I have so far -- I just couldn't wait to make a million pieces before I attached some :D

WRWIP.jpg

Dorothy -- your pieces look fabulous! I love the colors you're using too!!:yes How did you get the eye not to fluff up in the middle of the color bands?? :think

I used a "J" hook and slipstitched them together instead of whip stitching. I am not sure if it is going to pucker after I get the canter motif in or not. Time will tell!!:hook I also only used the back loops!!

CanI join? I would like to join. I love this quilt pattern.

I did one eye and it came out HUGE. it's like 9 inches across from point to point (instead of 6) without the color boarder (couldn't find the color at the walmart I stopped in at). I'm using red heart as I like it and it's available and inexpensive. I'm guessing my afghan could be 70x90. Oh I even went down to an H hook. Yes I crochet loose. I was thinking it might be too big, but maybe not. I can really wrap myself up in it:hug.:lol

Here's the picture of the eye.

th_DSCN0289.jpg

[clickable]

Not sure when I can get more colors, so I may make more white pieces. I want it in shades of blue.

Debbi

I will be joining as soon as I get 3 other afghans done. I just got the Annie's Attic Baby Wedding ring pattern and will be doing that one. All of you who have started, your colors look great together.

Last night I went and bought the yarn. I bought Monet (verigated) and Deft Blue. I did a color band and an octangal. I think I'll do a Post a Picture Friday on this CAL, this way *I* can see it grow and not feel rushed in posting pictures. Of course I may post one anyway at anytime;):lol.

Debbi

OK... I too can't resist...so I am going to join. I have a pattern in another book as well but I am going to give this pattern a whirl...

I took a break from mine yesterday! I rearanged the family room. I took out all my 4 year olds toys (except the crayons and coloring books) and turned it into my craft room!! It is now my new happy place! I posted pics in another thread! So today I am going to work on it again.

Idyer1: I thought about using a smaller hook for the eye as well but I already have five done and stitched to color bands. So I guess we will just see how it turns out!

Debbie-a1: We are glad to have you. I went up to a J hook so mine would be a little bigger as I want it to fit my bed. I usually crochet right on gage so we will see how big it winds up being!

Crochetcrazy: I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Mom4x: Glad to have you what colors are you using??

I saw your Zen craft room post. Looks so nice!

Here's a tip that may help some: with the color band, use a stitch marker. I lose count and this way I don't have to keep recounting and recounting until I get 37 rows (to do the last sc row). I figure I can mark it every after 10 rows (so on 10 then 20 and then 30). I have some plastic ones I bought a few years ago that are split so easy slip on and off, but anything would work.

Debbi

What I have so far:

th_DSCN0297.jpg

and a close up:

th_DSCN0300.jpg

[clickable...sorry for the back ground, I thought it would work, but that's fine, just look at the crochet piece... lol]

I am going to like this pattern and finished afghan! I started on the center piece but the photos didn't turn out very well so here are the photos of what looked best.

Oh I decided to whipstitch instead of slip stitch the pieces together so they would, hopefully, lay flat. So far okay, but not sure when I add the center piece. And other pieces. I am going to join as I go along so I can gt it done and not have 125 pieces to put togehter:eek. Trust me, not fun. Well for me. And I can see how it's turning out and see if there are any adjustments I need to make (I do that sometimes).

Debbi

Great, another project!! I have always wanted to make the Double Wedding Ring Quilt, but then I can't sew! I went and printed the pattern, but haven't picked the colors yet. I am waiting for that big ol' Tax Rebate from Uncle Sam, rather Geroge Bush, to come! I'm going to do my part and spend it on yarn so the economy will be stronger. Don't worry, I'm not allowed to spend it ALL on yarn! Hubby already told me...lol!

Debbi-a1: Looks great! I like the colors you choose!! You are going to be done before I am!!:eek

Crochetincalra: Do you have any ideas for colors? Or are you like me and just pick in the spur of the moment!!

I haven't had a chance to work on mine. I know I said I was going to but DD came home from school yesterday hurt and we have spent a lot of time at the DR and in xray!! Her finger is fractured. So now along with the 4 year old twins I have a whining 12 year old.:yes

I'd love to do a CAL on this pattern! It's lovely and I had already printed it out but right now im working on a dress and several Ami's so I don't have the capability to :(

Hello Every one!! I hope that you are all well. I haven't done to much with mine in the last couuple of days other than weave in ends on the color bands. My daughter has a broken finger. So I have to clean the kitchen too. That is her one chore but she can't get her finger wet well the splint. Dr said only to take it off for showers. I am hoping today that I get a chance to work on it today!!

CrochetinClara: I usually wait until I get to the store to pick colors but I had one skein of the peacock and I thought that it would look great. So I just had to go and pick up more!!

MithraGoddess: We will probably still be here when you get ready to join. Good luck getting the rest of your stuff done!!

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Archived