Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

I'm jumping in on this one. I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn in brick, taupe and autumn. Kind'ove dark colors, but this is what my mother wants. It looks like an ambitous project, but I like the portability of it. Has anyone completed this yet? I'm wondering what the total time devoted to this will be. I've never done a quilt with so many pieces. It will be nice to see some pics!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a beautiful afghan. So far everyone's is looking good. I'll keep my eye on this until I know I can kick in there. Yarn-monkey, you said you were making yours larger, how big are going to make it? I was thinking if I make this, I'd want it big enough for my bed, my queen sized bed, which would be enormous! Ack!

Hello I am finally back to working on this... I have been trying to finish a Aztec Sun RR. I still have 14 more rows to do on it..... Any way the way I am doing this seem to be working well. I am using a J hook for the color bands and octagons. I am using a I hook for the eye. and a K hook for the centers. I am going to get a set finished tonight so I acn assenble it. Then I will post pics.

Yarn monkey: how big are you making yours? Did you get to order your yarn?

Debbie-a1: How are you doing?

crochet_gram: Check HL the one here put the verigated that you are using is on clearence here.

Cheeria: DH likes mine too. It is so nice when they are supportive!!

1 Buttercup: What color is your verigated? Did I miss it some where?

benthydeeders: Welcome aboard!!

I need to stop starting WIPs and work on one project:lol yeah okay.

Anyway, still haven't finished assemling mine (see sentence above). I can work on this now because the quick afghan I was making for a wedding doesn't seem to be the right gift for them, which is fine. I can finish it and put it away for another gift!

I'm still working on bands and eys and the parts. So I still have a few pieces I can assemble.

Debbi

Well, mine is going to be pretty good-sized. :hook Let me see if I can explain what I'm doing... I looked at the diagram from the pattern, and I added another "section" all the way around- another center, eye and edge of the color bands. I have no idea how much bigger it will make it, but based on the differences in the amount of yarn and the number of pieces I now need to make for it, I think the size difference will be pretty substantial. :yes Based on the picture that comes with the pattern, if that's a double bed I'm looking at, the way I'm doing it should definitely be big enough for a queen. The funny thing is- I'm making it for a twin bed that's supposedly a little larger than standard :blush (in DH's semi), but he has a tendency to steal all the covers and leave me freezing, so I definitely needed it bigger! lol

By the way... I talked to DH last night and it looks like he'll be finishing early!! :eek Which is good and bad... I'll never get this thing done by the time he's finished! Instead of getting done with his on the road training on the 13th, doing the last of things at the terminal and then working his way back here (which would take about 5 days or so), it looks like he'll be done THIS FRIDAY!!! I'll be glad to see him definitely, but good grief, I was trying to finish this thing first!! lol

I haven't been able to order my CSS Paints yet, but I should have the money in the bank this week to do it. Then it takes 3-7 business days to be delivered, which really puts me in a time crunch, but I'm trying to have all the off-white and red done by the time that gets here so at least I'm not just sitting around twiddling my thumbs. Even without the Paints, I did the math and I'm about 1/3 of the way done! :yay

I am back in town and I am ready to start my wedding ring afghan. I will starting on the eye first and as stated before I will be using simply soft yarn. Is there anyone else using this yarn, if so what size hook are you using or are you using the size hook stated on the wrapper for this yarn. Hugs :hug

I am back in town and I am ready to start my wedding ring afghan. I will starting on the eye first and as stated before I will be using simply soft yarn. Is there anyone else using this yarn, if so what size hook are you using or are you using the size hook stated on the wrapper for this yarn. Hugs :hug

I'm using Simply Soft, too. :) I'll be using the H hook the yarn calls for, but I'll probably go bigger when I do the joining sl sts, so that maybe it'll help the afghan lay flat (my sl sts are really tight).

I'm using Simply Soft, too. :) I'll be using the H hook the yarn calls for, but I'll probably go bigger when I do the joining sl sts, so that maybe it'll help the afghan lay flat (my sl sts are really tight).

Thank you, I will be using a H also. I kind of want that puffing look with the eye, it gives it a type of qulit look to it which is why I was first drawn to this pattern. :hook

OK...I can't stand it.....I'm joining this group. My mother has been asking me to make her this afghan, so I am going to do it. I tested the pattern last night and seemed to be okay with an I hook, but I may have to make adjustments after I actually join some pieces.

I am using RHSS soft white, lavendar, and Monet (ombre with soft lavendar, blue, green, etc.). Purple is my mom's favorite color. So far it looks nice.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll get some posted for you all to see. I am so excited about being part of this group. I have been following the posts since the first day!

I am also finishing up two other afghans for gifts, so I'll have to share my time for a few more weeks. I love that this pattern is so portable.

Thank you, I will be using a H also. I kind of want that puffing look with the eye, it gives it a type of qulit look to it which is why I was first drawn to this pattern. :hook

Yeah if it puffs, I'm not going to object. I just don't want it to look too puffy, like I did something wrong. A little puff is no problem though! :)

Isn't a quilt kind of puffy? Every quilt I have is a little puffy. :think So to me the puff should be there. :) I finally started mine today. The baby one calls for 3 colors and a varigated, so after looking through my stash I will be adding white to mine. The colors are Caron SS, light purple, white, yellow and varigated. Once the DS bring the digital home I will post some pics.

Afternoon everyone, I started on mines today. I decided to start on the eye first and all was going well until I got confused on round 4, but I worked it out. I still have not received my varigrated Paints yarn yet hope it get delivered soon. now to work on the edging of my first eye. I also had to look up how to do a dtr crochet stitch. That was fun. Hugs :hook

Still haven't been able to order my Paints, but hopefully Friday (come on, bank account!! :cheer lol). I did finish up all my octagons and I'm finishing the last center motif. I get bored if I do them all at once, so I've been alternating. I have about 34 more eyes to do. Hopefully I'll have the Paints before I finish them- I hate wasting time! :hook

That's one thing about this afghan. With a square quit one it's all squares. This one is different shapes and sizes. Although sometimes a simple square is nice to make to relax to, but then we have the octagons and the color bands. Tose are pretty easy.

I think the eye piece is a good first one to do. It uses all the otehr stitches that the otehr ones use. The difference on the eye piece I did from the pattern, was on the boarder corner, I only did a 2 sc instead of 3. I decided after my first one I put together it wasn't necessary for me. Just one extra ch space I had to figure out how to conntect.

Debbi

1 Buttercup: What color is your verigated? Did I miss it some where?

Well ... what I ordered is TLC Essentials "water lily" to go with my TLC Essentials "light plum" and the main color is white.

However, I got to go to a Joanns over the weekend (don't have one around here) and found some colors I loved there so bought enough for a second ghan ... sigh... this one is off white verging on taupe, medium blue and blue/wht/taupe variegated. Since I don't have my internet order yet I started one today with the second set of colors.

I have finally gave in and started this. I couldn't wait to see how the pieces would look and did a test. Now I am obsessed and can't stop crocheting. I'm using Aspen Print, Aran, and Light Sage.

Hello Ladies,

I would like to try this one. I have already printed out the pattern. I've been off the Ville scene for a while because of my job. I'd like to start with something new to get back in the swing of things. I've always wanted to do this and I'll use ILTY. I haven't decided on colors yet. I'll go to HL tomorrow to make my decision and purchase.

Good morning everyone. This pattern is quite addictive. I start and then can't stop :hook. I really like the combination of many different stitches. I took some pictures and as soon as I have figured out how to post them (hopefully today), you will get to see!

I have used the I hook consistently with one exception. I am using a J hook to work the outer edging of the color band and working it loosely. It seems to reduce the puckering. So far, so good.

I've started mine too, but I'm concerned about my gauge. Has anyone pieced a section together yet?....I hate trying to evenly space sc...I'm just not good at it. Anyone have a good trick? I have one eye, 2 bands and a hex done and they really don't look like they will fit right. I'm using an I hook.

Sorry, but I will not be making this afghan after all. I just read a thread ounder other topics about simply soft yarn which is the yarn I am using and after I read how the objects made from this yarn look after it's was used and wash over a period of tme I seem to lose my interest in using this yarn to embark on such a huge project such as this. I ordered the ss paints yarn have to see if I can cancel the order if not oh well.:think:angry

I have a picture on my blog. I am having problems putting pictures in photobucket. I replied to this post a few minutes ago and I got a can't connect to page error. So I'll try again. I found if you do the corner sc ch 2 sc then sc in each row end of the band (it is the space between the rows) it will work out to 39 counting the one sc from each corner.

I did change hook sizes J - for band (sc around with I) and octagon, I -for the eye, I have not done the center motif yet. In and earlier post some suggestions were made to make this lay flatter and I do prefer that look.

I hope I did not totally confuse you.

I've started mine too, but I'm concerned about my gauge. Has anyone pieced a section together yet?....I hate trying to evenly space sc...I'm just not good at it. Anyone have a good trick? I have one eye, 2 bands and a hex done and they really don't look like they will fit right. I'm using an I hook.

Sorry, but I will not be making this afghan after all. I just read a thread ounder other topics about simply soft yarn which is the yarn I am using and after I read how the objects made from this yarn look after it's was used and wash over a period of tme I seem to lose my interest in using this yarn to embark on such a huge project such as this. I ordered the ss paints yarn have to see if I can cancel the order if not oh well.:think:angry

They cancel my order for they were out of the color I wanted. Lucky me. Good luck with your afghans. See youy all around the Ville.

Hugs and Blessings

Been there! done that!

Sorry to hear that (hope you can cancel the order). I made a beautiful flannelghan for my husband and it already looks several years old.

Archived