Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, I'm having a very hard time picking these colors. I honestly think i'm going to stick with the original on the pattern. They are almost identical to what my bedroom is decorated in. i love that shade of green!! :manyheart

I have looked at yarn almost every day trying to find one's i like better.. but to no avail! sooo,

Since I am using the original colors do i still use dorothy's new hook suggestions? :think

Mine is all Red Heart SS and I had to change hook sizes. Just be sure to try attaching a section before making all of the pieces. That way if you need to adjust, you won't have made a bunch of pieces that are too small or too big! Good luck! BTW, those original colors are great. If I were making this afghan for myself, I would have probably chosen those colors as well!

I'm still working on mine. I'll have to lay all the pieces out and take a pic for everyone.

Oh, and to remind everyone I'm not using the free pattern, I'm doing the double wedding ring from "More Herrschners Blue-Ribbon Afghans"

This is what I've done so far and what I still to do ...

35 basic motifs - done (motifs 2-4 have me add to these)

1 motif #4 - done

10 motif #3 - done

24 motif #2 - have added the first step to all 24 of these, now adding step 2, then will move onto step 3 to complete them

assembly (sewing together the 35 motifs using needle and thread) - none

82 sewn on strip - none

44 square motif - none

4 corner motif - none

border

then I have to sew on the 82 strips (with thread, not yarn) and attach the square and corner motifs

Then I can let out a big SIGH and pour myself a drink (or two).

hi everyone. I have started this afghan. I am having difficulty getting the gauge right -- the rings and eye turns out and fits together well. the trouble I am having is getting the center motiff to fit - it is not large enough to fit along the ring when being sewn together. is anyone else having this issue? is there anyone who can help me? I have done alot of the different pieces and have starting assembling and am having troubles. my fear is that I have to start this all over. My daughter is getting married Oct 11th.

thanks for all your help

I was really worried about that when I had made the pieces and started looking at them. I thought there was NO WAY they would fit together and not look ridiculous. But now, I have the column on the left side assembled and I'm about to add on the next column and there is NO puckering. Once you start putting it together, I don't think you'll have much puckering. I think it's worth putting it together and seeing before you rip anything out and do it over. It's a lot of work!

Morning Ladies,

Just dropped in because I saw some new posts. Glad you're able to get back to yours Dorothy. I'm going to try to do some more on mine this weekend. I'm having a PJ weekend and not leaving my house.

I will crochet and sleep all weekend.

Have a great day, ladies!

I'm going to try to do some more on mine this weekend. I'm having a PJ weekend and not leaving my house.

I will crochet and sleep all weekend.

Have a great day, ladies!

Oh that sounds nice! I like that idea. I can't do it, but it sounds nice. I have done it, not on purpose, but just because I didn't feel like doing anything so I sat and crocheted.:hook

Debbi

Ok y'all, here are a few pics of what I've done on my DWR so far. All things considered I'm actually pretty far.

First, this is a photo of the basic motif, had to make 35 of these

2608239421_51794bff63.jpg

Then I had to go back and add more to each of the 35 basic motifs, this is the one that had 4 sections added to it, some others had 3 and some had 2

2733196392_80f8966bec.jpg

then I had to tack them all together into 7 different rows, all rows are tacked together and now I have to use thread and sew the motifs in each row together so I can move to the next step

2732372211_59d20a112e.jpg

another angle

2733199660_27d57a453c.jpg

I have to make 81 more of these, they'll get sewn on in various places to complete the double wedding ring look

2733190188_a1233de91a.jpg

and if I get through all of those I have another 48 motifs to make and add to fill in the holes. It's gonna be awesome when/if it's done :lol

Thanks !!

This one is actually pretty easy, just seems very time consuming. It is rated "experienced" which is a little scary too.

It'll be interesting to see when I finish compared to when folks doing the Coats & Clark finish, the Coats & Clark definately seems to have fewer steps but I'll have to go take a look at the pattern again.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone :). Are you having as much luck with your afghan as I am? I have updated progress on my blog. I was not quite happy with the look, so I making a change with the octagon. Your opinions would be very much appreciated.

Hello everyone :). Are you having as much luck with your afghan as I am? I have updated progress on my blog. I was not quite happy with the look, so I making a change with the octagon. Your opinions would be very much appreciated.

That is looking really nice. I'm anxious to see how the squares will work out. I have not made very much progress on my DWR. Seems like things just seem to be interfering with this project for me!!

Cindy~what pattern are you using? i have everything ready to go for mine and am just waiting untill later to start it. I was wondering if I was going to use the same pattern as you.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Looks like this CAL hasn't had any activity in awhile but I thought I'd check in and say HELLO! I just found out last week that one of my nieces got married in a quicky ceremony (thank goodness she's not expecting or anything, but it was just a quick courthouse wedding and nobody told anyone) anyway, so I decided to make her this afghan as a wedding present. I am flying up north for Christmas so hopefully I'll have it done by then. I am doing the one on the Coats & Clark website and am just working on it mainly at work during breaks. So far I've done 10 of the octagons which work up each in 15 mins a piece (I can do 1 octagon at each break! LOL) As soon as I get my friends comfortghan finished I will switch to working on this at home as well. I'm making this with white, blue and a varigated blue and green color. It'll be a little darker than the one in the model but I think it'll be lovely. I won't like piecing it all together but so far working up the motifs isn't too terribly bad. Just thought I'd jump aboard!!!

Hi Donna Lynn!

This was become a UFO for me (one more on my list:blush). I would like to finish it, but maybe because I don't have a reason, other then I really like the pattern (quilt and crochet).

At your rate of crochet, you should have this done in no time.

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, it's been over a year since I've checked in, but I'm finally back! :cheer I looked through the last few pages of posts and it looks like most people kind of lost interest in their 'ghans! :( It took me about 6 months but I finally finished mine and it's WAY bigger than I need! My plan was for a bedspread for our queen-sized bed and it wound up even bigger than a king bed would need! It was kind of hard to judge riding around in a big truck and only having that little bed to go by. Anyway, we finally have a computer and good internet and all that, so I'll post pics in a few days- just have to get it put on the bed since we moved this week. I'm really super super proud of it!! :yay It's by far the biggest, fanciest, most useful thing I've ever made and hubby loves it. I highly encourage finishing!!! :crocheting

Archived