Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this CAL has been abandoned. I've started mine. I have to get my nephew to show me how to post pictures. I really want to do this. I'm on vacation this week and I want to get as many wips and new projects done as I possibly can by Monday, July 14th. This is one of the main projects I want to complete.

I haven't abandoned mine. It is still sitting in its basket by the couch. I am trying to get a comfortgan that I am working one done. Then I will be back to this. I have to make about 15 more squares then assemble it. Not to mention my daughter has been a accident looking for a place to happen ( she broke her finger and then had to have stitches in her ankle).

I haven't abandoned mine. It is still sitting in its basket by the couch. I am trying to get a comfortgan that I am working one done. Then I will be back to this. I have to make about 15 more squares then assemble it. Not to mention my daughter has been a accident looking for a place to happen ( she broke her finger and then had to have stitches in her ankle).

I'm sorry Dorothy. Hope things get better for you and your daughter. I'm organizing my crochet stuff. I haven't had time to crochet in about 6 months because of working every single day. I now have an assistant and life should get back to normal. Hopefully Wednesday through the weekend I'll be able to crochet as much as I want. I plan to wrap up the cleaning and organizing on tomorrow and get back to what I love :crocheting.

Dorothy I hope tings go better for you too.

I wouldn't mind being an assistant to a manager who crochets:hook. That would be fun! Should have told me you were looking for one:lol.

I did two more "eye" pieces, one yesterday and today I'm hoping to do some more color bands (there are so many of those). It's too hot to even think of putting it together, but I might be able to if I lay it beside me... maybe:think.

Debbi

I have definitely not abandoned mine! I am in the middle of intensive treatment for a herniated lumbar disk, so I cannot sit much at all, which seriously hampers my crochet time!! Anyway, I am finishing up a baby 'ghan I need to get in the mail next week and a couple of fat bottom bags for gifts, then I'll be back on my DWR. It is so hot here, too, and I can't crochet with acrylic yarn when my hands are sweaty--makes the yarn squeak! :lol

I don't like my color choices so I have set this aside and I'm considering frogging what I've done...ugh!!! I have enough yarn in my stash to last a lifetime, but it's mostly cottona and this is arcrylic. <sigh> so this is on hold until I can figure out what I'm going to do...I might just have to change the center color. I just dunno.

I wouldn't mind being an assistant to a manager who crochets:hook. That would be fun! Should have told me you were looking for one:lol.

Debbi

Debbie,

I wished I had known. I've been without and assistant since February. I've had to work everyday since then and at least 2-3 days where I opened and closed the store. If this one gets fired...because its highly unlikely he'll get his own store, I'll take you up on that offer. I don't plan to ever go through that again. I haven't been able to do any crocheting:(. I'm on a the 6th day of my 10 day vacation so I'm trying to play catch up.

i know i am a little late starting this, but I love this pattern. I've never seen it crocheted before. So I hope no-one minds but I am going to start this!! I will pick my colors this weekend.

You're most welcome to join in. You're probably not as behind as you think. For various reasons, many of us have had to put ours on hold. So just jump right in and join the fun.:yes

Old Fashioned Quilt afghans at Annies Attic has a DWR on the cover. I liked the idea of the rings being different colors so you can see the circle of them (view the larger photo to see what I mean). If I had saw that I may have tried it. So it's an option if anyone who hasn't started one. Of course I do like the other pattern too with the verigated yarn for all the rings. And the colors I've chosen for mine.

I haven't worked on mine for a while, other things to do (and not crochet:P).

Debbi

Old Fashioned Quilt afghans at Annies Attic has a DWR on the cover. I liked the idea of the rings being different colors so you can see the circle of them (view the larger photo to see what I mean). If I had saw that I may have tried it. So it's an option if anyone who hasn't started one. Of course I do like the other pattern too with the verigated yarn for all the rings. And the colors I've chosen for mine.

I haven't worked on mine for a while, other things to do (and not crochet:P).

Debbi

I think I like the pattern we are using better. It goes quickly if I could just devote some time to it. I really enjoy this pattern.

i know i am a little late starting this, but I love this pattern. I've never seen it crocheted before. So I hope no-one minds but I am going to start this!! I will pick my colors this weekend.

Welcome. Did you pick your colors? Let us see them!

CrochetMom your ghan is gorgeous...I love the colors you choose and I look forward to seeing it when it is done.

I am making a Noah's Ark ghan for my GS and when it is done I will join you all.....:cheer

I think I like the pattern we are using better. It goes quickly if I could just devote some time to it. I really enjoy this pattern.

Yes I like our pattern too. I do like the other one because the rings look more like rings. But this one is quick and pretty and I am going to finish it (one day when I stop starting WIPs:blush.... :lollike that's going to happen). And I do like that our rings are the same color because I love the color that I choose.

Debbi

I got a bunch of hexes and eyes done in the car to and from our vacation. I've got to finish up one more thing then I can work more regularly on mine.

I know I'm late, but I would like to join. I will go pick out my colors this week.

Welcome! We are all working on various other projects, but we tune in regularly. Let us see your colors after you pick them.

hi everyone. I have started this afghan. I am having difficulty getting the gauge right -- the rings and eye turns out and fits together well. the trouble I am having is getting the center motiff to fit - it is not large enough to fit along the ring when being sewn together. is anyone else having this issue? is there anyone who can help me? I have done alot of the different pieces and have starting assembling and am having troubles. my fear is that I have to start this all over. My daughter is getting married Oct 11th.

thanks for all your help

jlprn56: I am doing mine a bit diffrently, and it lays better. I am doing my eye piece in a I hook; the color band and the octagons in a J; and the center blecks in a K. It seem to lay flatter that way. I hope this helps.

Hi!! :danceI don't have much time to post on my progress now (we're just stopped to fuel) but I wanted to say hi and tell you all that I'm still plugging away! I've got the first column put together and I'm about to assemble the second one. :cheer I'll post pics as soon as I have a chance and enough charge in my camera battery. :)

BTW, DH loves it! :manyheart And the coach he trained with even asks about it. :yes

And now that I'm assembling it... this thing is going to be king-sized. :eek I think I got a little carried away. :P

I am almost back.... I have to finish testing this square for crojulee and then I am not doing anything accecpt my DWR. (I hope :devil)!! I can't wait to get back to this. It is sitting in a basket yelling at me every time I work on something else.

hi everyone. I have started this afghan. I am having difficulty getting the gauge right -- the rings and eye turns out and fits together well. the trouble I am having is getting the center motiff to fit - it is not large enough to fit along the ring when being sewn together. is anyone else having this issue? is there anyone who can help me? I have done alot of the different pieces and have starting assembling and am having troubles. my fear is that I have to start this all over. My daughter is getting married Oct 11th.

thanks for all your help

Mine did that. The center piece puffed out, like a quilt piece. You can change hook sizes as suggested, or let it short of puff out. Someone (I think on my blog) said after it's all done it will lay flat. And it just might. Especially after washing. But I'm not sure. If you want it flat now, follow the suggestion below your post and change hook size.

I haven't worked on mine very much. Just added some boarders around pieces. There seems to be another WIP that comes up:blush... not sure how that happens:think

:lol

Debbi

I agree with Debbi and Dorothy. After being stubborn and making them with all the same size, I had to frog almost everything, so I went along with Dorothy's different hook suggestions. It did wonders for the puckering! I had to write it all down because there are different sizes for different pieces! I would have saved so much time if I would have just taken Dorothy's advice in the first place :lol.

Welcome. Did you pick your colors? Let us see them!

Ya know, I'm having a very hard time picking these colors. I honestly think i'm going to stick with the original on the pattern. They are almost identical to what my bedroom is decorated in. i love that shade of green!! :manyheart

I have looked at yarn almost every day trying to find one's i like better.. but to no avail! sooo,

Since I am using the original colors do i still use dorothy's new hook suggestions? :think

Archived