Any interst in a Double wedding ring CAL?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yarnmonkey, yes have a great trip!

I'm still working on mine. I'm on the second center attached to the first and working on attaching the color banks (all ready attached to eyes). I know mine will be large enough. With just these 2, I can see how big it's gonig to be. I haven't posted a pic because I wanted to get the second section done.

Debbi

Wow you guys, those are looking great!!

I started my double wedding ring and have gotten 7 of the 35 basic motifs done but have so much more to do. But, I've been sidelined by a stuffed giraffe that my niece wanted me to make her. I'm hoping to be back on this by the end of the week.

Hello Every one!! I wanted to let you know that I have been side tracked yet again. I am in the middle of making a comfortgan for a very dear freind of mine. After I get that done I am going to come back to my double wedding ring.

I am almost finished with the last border row of my friendship afghan. Since my friend's birthday was in May and I still haven't gotten it to her, I decided to finish it up! Maybe then I can get back the DWR, in between crocheting for the Pamper Me Swap and the baby afghan I need to finish in the next month!!

So how is everyone else doing on their afghan?:crocheting

Since I do pieces here and there, I think I need to mark on the diagram which pieces I've completed. This way I'll know if I need to do an "eye" or a "center" piece to finish a block.

When I get a chance and have time (I'm hoping tonight, but probably not) I'm going to lay out what I have and see where I'm at--and take a picture!

Debbi

I have all of white pieces I need done, but now it is on hold I have so many other things that have to get done before I start anything else new. :hook

I understand. I have a few WIPs too. That I started before and after this project.

I counted my pices this morning.

9/20 Octangles

10/31 Eyes

3/12 Centers

24/62 Color Bands

I created a speadsheet with check off boxes as I finish them to keep track of where I'm at and to keep myself motivated in finishing this. I loved seeing 24 of the colors checked off. Plus as I said before I'm just workingon individual pieces and then putting them together when I get time. I have 2 eyes with color bands attached to them and I just finished a center, so as soon as I can I can connect that to my afghan.

Debbi

Wedding Ring Quilt Photo

th_WRQ1.jpg

[clickable]

It's not the best photo, I just took it quickly this morning but you can see where I'm at. I didn't even straighten the afghan... I just put it on the floor, as I didn't have time to play with it. Oh it is sort of puffing out. The color bands seem to be more stretchy or something and so when I sew them to the "eye" they puff up. So it does look kind of quilt like, which is okay.

Debbi

These are all gorgeous! I will definitely be popping in to see updates. Almost makes me wish I knew someone getting married! lol! Then again, maybe I'll make one to have on hand :)

I'm not married and no plans. I love the pattern and am making it for myself to use. Just another way to use these afghans.

Debbi

It looks great Debbi. One day I will get back to working on mine. I am so close to finishing my other WIP's that I am motivated to finish them so I can concentrate on only 1 or 2!

I'm not married and no plans. I love the pattern and am making it for myself to use. Just another way to use these afghans.

Debbi

I just printed off the directions...and have about a zillion things to work on at the moment. But I'm going to make one of these for my own bed...in the future. Meantime, I get to check in and see everybody else's work!:cheer

mac+

I made another center using a J hook (everything else is done with "I"). It solved the pucking with the bands, but now the octagons look out of sorts. I am going to try them with an H and see if that helps. I don't mind puckering, but mine looks like sloppy work, which I do mind.

Debbi--have you gotten any whole sections together yet? Any puckering that is too bad to live with?

I made another center using a J hook (everything else is done with "I"). It solved the pucking with the bands, but now the octagons look out of sorts. I am going to try them with an H and see if that helps. I don't mind puckering, but mine looks like sloppy work, which I do mind.

Debbi--have you gotten any whole sections together yet? Any puckering that is too bad to live with?

I haven't worked on it for a while (needed a short break and work on other quicker projects--2 finished). I have one section together with center and the 4 "sides" attached. The puckering or puffy is the bands next to the eye. Someone on my blog said it will flatten out with time because of the weight of the afghan. So with that and someone else mentioning how it looks more quilt-like, I think I'll be okay. But yes, I'm thinking the center should be done with a size larger hook in any case.

Debbi

Hi everyone, I have started my wedding ring ghan and its looking great so far and have 4 pieces joined. I made the mistake of sewing the pieces with the right sides together but it still looks fine to me.

Wendy, 4 pieces is great, especially having them put together. When you sew them together, if it's just whipstitch, I don't think it matters too much which side you have facing you. To me, anyway, it looks all the same.

Debbi

Hello !!!! I haven't worked on mine in a while... It seems like everyone has something in mind for me to do. I have to finishe this comfortgan I have to make about 10 more squares then I can get it put together. Thn my BIL called and they are having a girls in a bout a month and a half and of course it is DH's brother so I need to make a blanket. Then after all that I hope to be back to this. I wish it wasn't so difficult for me to just do this for me....

I had to make adjustments, but here is my first whole section.

th_100_0287.jpg

(clickable)

I had to adjust the center motif by using a K hook and the eyes using an H hook but still did the edging with I hook. I think that did the trick. This is very similar to how Dorothy is doing hers (should have listened to her in the first place :)).

th_100_0288.jpg

(clickable)

Here is close up section of the eye. I still have to weave in the ends, but I think I will wait until another section or two are connected in case I have to frog again!

Hope you like!!

Archived