A new Double Wedding Ring Afghan C&C

YAY! I've been looking for something like this (I know I know one more project to get started on:blush). My husband's airman is getting married in August and this would be PERFECT!

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting!!! :cheerI'm so excited, I'm downloading it right now! :manyheart Now I just need to look it over and figure out how to make it a tiny bit bigger... :think Any suggestions?

So I just showed this afghan to DH, telling him I've been wanting it for SOOOO long. He asked if this was one I will make for our bed and I said yes. "As long as you don't use an itchy yarn," he said (he's very familiar with RH super saver lol) and I said "no, I'll probably use Simply Soft" (my world runs on what's cheaper and feels the best lol) and he looked at me very proud and said "I know who makes that!! Caron!!" :manyheart

I'm so proud!!! :yes

I have madae this in a quilt never in crochet. The Quilt all the arches have 4 pieces and the centers are 4 squares If I remember right there were over 4,000 pieces to put together!! It was such a headach but my grandma wanted it. :manyheart

I love that story. We can train them up in the way they should go :wlol

I shared your comment with Hubby and he just blushed and shook his head. :lol

You are SO right though!!! :yes He's learning!

Oh that blanket is pretty :) I've created a folder of various wedding crochet pieces and thats something i may consider adding in :)

My beau is wonderful, he always gives me suggestions on what to make or even what to make it with... he goes down the yarn isle with me and helps me pick things out and gives me suggestions on colors. He's fantastic :)

he actually keeps me in line! I'd buy out Michael's and Wal-Mart's yarn isle if it wasn't for him hehe!

Back on track though, anyone else have any other wedding blankets/afghans/tablerunners to share? I need to start deciding which one to make.. and soon! hehe *blush*

That is a nice pattern. I have wanted a wedding ring quilt for a long time. But what stopped me is that most of them are not in colors or fabric I would choose. With this pattern I could do one in whatever colors I like. Thanks Darski for posting this!!

Thank you so much for posting. I alos love that design, but I couldn't quilt if my life depended on it. It'd probably take me a year to make that but at least the individual pieces are small!

I've always wanted a quilt like that! I could probably pull this off if I made a few pieces at a time...I see a new WIP in my future (but not until I have time to shop for the yarn!)...

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/WT1647+Wedding+Ring+Quilt.htm

It looks like a nice one but the pics are always so bad a C&C if you want a good 'looksee' :wlol

I looked at t he larger photo on the PDF and the afghan seems a little wonky. The motifs are all "bubbly".

Does anyone else think this ghan needs serious blocking?

I love that story. We can train them up in the way they should go :wlol

It just makes you mist over, doesn't it? My boss wants a quilt made out of Crown whiskey bags (those blue drawstring bags that the liquor bottles come in) and he has been saving every Crown bag from the bottles that get delivered to the bar and the nightclub here for the last few months. He still needs quite a few more, but he has asked me to design the quilt for him and earlier tonight my husband said (are you sitting down?) "Couldn't you open up the bags so that they are flat and use an Edgery Doo to crochet around the edges? Then you could put them together like an afghan." MY HUSBAND said "Edgery Doo"!!!! I couldn't breathe for a couple of moments and then I hugged him and said "I can't believe you thought of that! I'm so proud of you!" and he smiled and said, "See? I KNOW you think I don't listen to what you say, but I DO!" :lol I felt like a mother whose child just learned how to read! :c9

Darski, that pattern is lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us!:hugElle, your husband sounds like a keeper! Imagine figuring out that by useing your Edgery Doo you can finish your project easier and faster! MithraGoddess, yours sounds great too! My husband just goes shopping in another store when he knows that I am going yarn shopping!:lol

Archived