It's FINISHED!!! Finally the comfortghan is DONE!!! Come take a look

Aelita

Okay thanks to the awesome villar's here who had sent me squares when I lost my grandmother has finally been put together. It took some time and a rude comment was made about it but here it is:

FinishedComfortghan1.jpg

my mom took this one and cut off my feet and since no one else was around this is what I have, oh and my Jack Russell Chewie had to join in this pic lol:

FinishedComfortghan2.jpg

here I am laying on the comfortghan to show how big it is, my mom said to make a funny face so I stuck out my tongue oh and plz ignore the ugly feet lol:

FinishedComfortghan3.jpg

I have a couple of ends to weave in, I had been weaving them in as I went along but got lazy on a few. Chewie would lay on it while I was joining the squares and when it was done. I have it on my bed right now and he is on it so in the washer it will go. I just like to thank everyone who sent me squares. A few of them are mine, and I have a bright purple and bright orange square that I will make into a pillow. I'm glad I finally got it done, well what do ya all think?

:grandma You did an awesome job. You just promise me that when you wrap up in your beautiful new blanket you will focus on all the beautiful people who took the time to send some love and attention your way when you needed it. Make sure to forget about the small minded person who chose to rain on your parade when you didnt need it. I enjoy your work and I think you are a wonderful god mother. Keep up the FANTASTIC work.

:hug

Thank you dorothygirls and everyone else. The comment was directed towards me but it was posted in another thread that had nothing to do with squares. The sad thing is that alot of people pm'd me and knew exactly who it was that posted it.

That turned out beautiful and should give you a lot of joy and comfort when you wrap up in it. I've always had a problem with obsessing on mean things people say, I couldn't seem to forget what they said. But I'm really, really trying to focus on only the good things and kind words. Actually, there's more of the good kind than the bad so that's what we need to focus on. Enjoy the love in your comfortghan.

~ Debby

Aelita, I'm sorry another member said something to you in such a way that it hurt your feelings.

We have a forum guideline that asks members to keep their words and tone polite and respectful:

Be nice and no flaming. Please keep the words and tone of your posts respectful and polite. Encourage your fellow members and let them know what you like about projects they share. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Please reserve constructive criticism for when the original poster has asked for it.

If anybody ever sees a post that you feel violates the spirit of this guideline, please report that post so Donna and I can take care of things. To report a post, just click on the "report post" icon: the little white triangle outlined in red. You can even give a brief statement of why you think a post violates one of our guidelines. When you report a post, Donna and I will be sure to keep your identity private.

Oh, another reminder: we also have a guideline against causing drama on the forum. Discussing the details of "who said what" in this thread could end up causing a bunch of drama, so I'm going to ask that there be no further discussion in the thread of who made the comment that hurt Aelita's feelings.

If any of the people who noticed that post want to bring it to my attention, I will be sure to address the issue privately with the person who made the comment.

Now let's get back to enjoying Aelita's completed afghan!

Hi Aelita...Im so glad you finally got it done...I bet you feel good about that. It turned out really nice...and it looks huge...either it is really big or you are really small!!...:lol Good job..and im happy I was part of it.;)

Hi Aelita...Im so glad you finally got it done...I bet you feel good about that. It turned out really nice...and it looks huge...either it is really big or you are really small!!...:lol Good job..and im happy I was part of it.;)

The comfortghan is actually bigger then the pic gives it justice. When I hold it up over my head it still drags the ground by like two squares. I was on my tip toes with my hands up high lol so yes it is nice, big, and comfty. If I can get my mom to take aother pics of me holding it up like that then I'll post it.

Archived