New Doily

ReniC

Hi Gang-

I finally got this 24" doily finished for one of my SIL's while just sitting with my little dog during her naps. She lost her left front leg in a freak accident on the 21st and has to rest a lot. After I got over the crying it was a good diversion to keep my mind off of the obvious. Her pic is in my Avatar.

I shortened the pattern 3 or 4 rows and it changed the edging but I'm still happy with it. I did not have to do much sizing either since I broke down and bought a new iron :lol.

The pattern is Variety from Magic Crochet#105-Dec/96

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2561366530048210429UOrfjf

Love your pretty doily! I can see that I have made a mistake all these years by not buying traditional crochet magazines. (I have to say, though, that I first thought it was your SIL who lost a leg. Gradually my brain fog cleared and I realized it was the cute little doggy in your avatar. So sorry about your little dog's accident.)

Beautiful doily! Great work.

Sorry to hear about your little guy's accident. It's absolutely amazing how they adapt and he won't even realize the leg is gone. Keep us posted, please?

Beautiful doily! Great work.

Sorry to hear about your little guy's accident. It's absolutely amazing how they adapt and he won't even realize the leg is gone. Keep us posted, please?

Took my little furry gal :manyheart in to the vet today for a checkup and to have her stitches removed. She did very well! I can only imagine how happy she is to get those pinchy-pully things out. They drove her nuts. Her progress on healing and disposition is going very well and we expect a full recovery of the shoulder joint. :clap When she gets her bath this weekend I will try to remember to post a pic of her all shiny clean- minus one leg.

Archived