Pink Checked Blanket-finally done!

chickpea67

This is the blanket I'm making right now for my two year old niece.

I'm looking for suggestions on

a) how to edge it-i want something more than an sc around the edge but dont know what! :think and

b) how to embellish it so it's not so plain!

th_P5140310.jpg

Chelle-as a mom of three girls (and a crochet inspiration) what would you to do to punch it up?

th_P5140307.jpg

He he and this is my darling Hannah on top of all my hard work! I just had to share!

I think a shell border would be lovely! Or if you have the book "Candy Blankies" by Candy Jensen there is a wonderful border on the "PeeWee Pizzazz" blanket. Very "girly". Or you could even take some nice, soft fabric and stitch it around the edge.

To jazz it up, you could add her monogram on a corner? Or some tiny flowers? Personally, I love it like it is though!!

Donna

Do a sc edge as a foundation. Then if you do 2 dc in each sc around, it makes a nice ruffle. As for stitching anything to the blanket to "jazz" it up, I wouldn't. A 2 year old could pull out the threads and get them caught in her throat.

My first thought was a shell border too, or a scallop as I'd say. I keep picturing a blue one just as contrast, but then again I'm overdue for bed too, so that may or may not be a valid suggestion. lol

Normally I don't like fringe or tassels, but I agree that a big fat pink tassel in each corner could/would be cute.

Be sure to let us know what you decide! :D It already looks great!

Have you thought about sprinkling some crocheted daiseys around on a few of the squares- you could crochet them, then sew them on..or other flower...the edging could be the same color as the flowers....

Archived