Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

The delay in obtaining the Banana Berry yarn held me up in completing this afghan. I don't think I will attempt another one of these 8/16/32 pointers for a while. But the regular 12 point RR...well that's another story. They never seem to get tedious or boring.

Here it is...I am putting the completed one, and pix of some of the steps in "our" Photobucket account.

AztecSun7-1.jpg

awesome - I love the effect it gives! so cool!!! :2rock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I'm on round four, and it's kind of scrunching a bit. I'm not too worried about that, though...I'm more concerned about the holes that result from skipping two double crochet in the valleys. I remember seeing a picture of a round ripple with no holes. Does anyone have an alternate pattern like that?

I am using the pattern below and it doesn't have holes...

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977275501

This is a wedding present. I used Aggie May's 12 point pattern, RoseReds suggestions for the points and RH 1 pounder, black and RHSS soft white with the border of rsc in RHSS zebra. It measures 65" across.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=2003_0124crochetitems0003.jpg

WOW!:clap

WOW!!!! A few days away from the computer and look at what I have missed!! ex-football mom, love how your aztec sun looks finished!! I was in walmart last night, looking at rh turqua and wondering if you had finished yours yet. Love the 3d effect the bananaberry gives it. Great job on this lovely ghan. Crazycrochet, Your black and white 12-24 is stunning. I am sure it will be a well loved gift. Very nicely done! All the 'ghans here make me want to start another. But have to finish the baby ripple ghan I am working on now, will post pics soon. Good job to all that I have missed, I think Aggie May is right, rr's will eventually take over the world!!

So, did ya'll miss me? :lol Rebuilt PC is up and working now! Have a natural wireless keyboard and mouse... :yay that is just awsome! I need one for work now. :D

Did you re-figure it out? Don't you just hate when you don't write things down,lol! How was the movie and dinner?!

:hug Wish I could help, but I haven't had to change hooks, except for my points. I'm doing Aggie May's check every round just to make sure that everything's ok! I'm so sick of frogging from my last project! :frog I think Sue changed hooks, hopefully she'll give you some encouraging news! :hook

Ann ~ Yes, I did change hooks. I used the smaller one until I got to the last row before I added points. I needed it tighter so that I didn't ruffle in the middle.

Joann ~ your wedding rr is just fabulous! What wonderful work you do! :cheer

Welcome Heather to the CAL that's here

If you run into trouble, someone's always near.

We crochet our rounds with ripples galore

We post pictures so we can all adore

So join right in and grab that hook

Pull up a chair in our happy nook! :yay

Football Mom --> Wrestling Mom ~ Your banana berry ghan came out just wonderful! I know you are surprised how well from the beginning of when you started it you were not happy with it. :hook

I am not really happy with what my RR is turning out like (Using Bernat Chunky)

I think the yarn is too thick ( I am using a size K) I will keep working on it for a few more rows ...... other wise I am sure if I dig through my stash I can come up with something

I do have quite a bit of success with other weights of yarn and textures so I will not give up the fight!!!:hook

Football Mom-your ghan looks fab....When I saw it it reminded me of a crayon drawing and I love the look of the Banana Berry stripe:cheer

So, did ya'll miss me? :lol Rebuilt PC is up and working now! Have a natural wireless keyboard and mouse... :yay that is just awsome! I need one for work now. :D

Ann ~ Yes, I did change hooks. I used the smaller one until I got to the last row before I added points. I needed it tighter so that I didn't ruffle in the middle.

There you are! Yes, we did miss you! Happy to hear that your pc is up and running! :clap Thanks for the info about the hooks too, cause guess what I did last night? :frog Yup! Started to ruffle and had to frog two rounds, :angry! Ya think I'd listen to my own advise, lol! Well, I did a "V" stitch in the 1st rnd and 2dc, ch2, 2dc in 2nd rnd points when I added them back (does that make any sense :think) and it seemed to help. I think I'm going to try going down a hook size and staying with the above combo for the points for a while (like the simple rr) and see what happens.

Football Mom, your ghan is beautiful!!! Great job!:cheer

Joann, your wedding RR is so pretty!!! :yay

Love the border - can you share the pattern for the border? I am always looking for new ways to finish off a project.

Monica - sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I had to figure out where I put the directions that I wrote for myself.

The last 2 rows make up the border and goes like this:

1st row: Ch 3, 2 dc in next 2 dc, *ch 2, sk 1 dc, 1 dc in ea of next 3 dc, around, working a 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc shell in each point. Join to top of beg ch 3.

Next row: Sc in center of next 3 dc, *ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, ch 3, dc in same space (ch 3 forms a picot), ch 1, sc in center of next 3 dc, rept. from *around. Joint with sl st to first sc. End off.

I hope you can follow this. If not, let me know and I will walk you through it.

This is just a question. Are there any crochet books out that have RR in them? I am just now making a five star one for a baby gift. (I thought the 5 star one would be easier for the first time).

Where is everyone? I have been trying really hard to get through getting those points on. I have 3 more to go...can you say "Pain in the BUTT"? I do have a question though...after the points are on, I know I go around like I did before...but it seems that I need to make my own holes where I'm going to put my stitches...if you know what I mean...

Where is everyone? I have been trying really hard to get through getting those points on. I have 3 more to go...can you say "Pain in the BUTT"? I do have a question though...after the points are on, I know I go around like I did before...but it seems that I need to make my own holes where I'm going to put my stitches...if you know what I mean...

LOL! A Pain in the BUTT is right! I have 6 more rnds to go before I add my next set of points and I'm not looking forward to it! Think I'm going to stick to Aggie May's Simple RR for a while after this one! I love that one! :cheer As for your question, hmmm, you do have to make the holes in the valleys. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean on the sides of the new points, you have to "space out your stitches" the first time around with the correct number up and down. Did I confuse you even more, lol! Hope not. :hug Good luck!

Count how many stitches you have on the old points and make that many "new" stitches evenly on each of the new points.. so yes to answer your question... you have to make new stitches on the new points.

Thank you both...yes that answers my question! I was a little confused! I have 2 more points to add then I can continue! I have cleaned the house, done 6 loads of laundry and did the dishes to avoid putting those points on!!:grumpy...now I have ran out of cleaning to do, the dishes are done, the kids are all tucked away, one more load is in the drier, hubby is stuck on watching Star Wars...they are calling me those points I tell ya...calling me!!!:coo

I loved learning how to do this RR...I am making a simple one as well...it has been alot easier. I'm not adding any points to that one so I should get done with it sooner than this one...I haven't allowed myself to touch it until I put the points on the other one. EVERYONE...PRAY!!

Count how many stitches you have on the old points and make that many "new" stitches evenly on each of the new points.. so yes to answer your question... you have to make new stitches on the new points.

Question...You said count how many stitches on the old points and put that many on the new...do I count from the new valley up, or the old valley up? I'm so glad that for the most part we understand what each are saying...if non-crocheters were to read this, they would think we are nuts!!

ADDICTED TO :crocheting!!

POINTS ARE FINISHED!!!!!!:woo:yay:jumpyay:woo

I'm glad that's over! :whew

:cheerGood for you! I'm still slow on my rounds to get there! I have 3 more to go to get to the next set of points. I had to take a break and make a scarf last night just to keep my sanity (what I have left of it, lol!) I might just get to them by tonight....:crocheting

Hello...

All the new RR's are beatiful! Though I haven't gotten to my next RRyet...I visit this CAL most every day. I have been working on my Seija Set (blanket) and I find that I am stalling to get it done because I am not happy with the way it is turning out. Well, it's the edge along the sides that I don't like. Does anyone else find that they do that?...when you are not happy with the way something is turning out, you stall to get it done? The baby shower is Saturday...hopefully I'll get it done. Hubby says it looks great and I told him he doesn't see what I mean because he isn't a crocheter. He replied with, "exactly my point, neither are most of the people at the shower probably...don't be so critical of your work...you spent alot of time on this...it doesn't need to be perfect, noone will judge it or even know for that matter". So as I said, I am continuing on....

can't wait to get to my next RR!! Angela

To: claytonclan, summery smile, priszm, PraiseJesus, mva 5493, Cotton Candee, Kelly A and grannieAnnie (sorry if I left anyone out!):

Thank you all for your kind words regarding my 8/16/32 point AztecSun.

claytonclan: I did not figure out the points myself. AztecSun is a pattern from the Leisure Arts book, "40 Favorite Ripple Afghans." While I love to crochet, and am able to follow most intermediate/advanced patterns, I am nowhere near talented enough to make up my own patterns or "wing it!"

CottonCandee: You are right that the afghan "grew" on me as I got further along. The only part that I really didn't like was the Banana Berry border on the first yellow star. When I took a picture looking straight down at it, the star loooked cockeyed because the border got "lost" in the yellow and green surrounding it. I don't think I will do another one of these too soon.

Maybe it is back to the regular 12 point RRs for me. But for the moment, I am doing the Mary Maxim "Grandma's Heart" afghan, for my niece who just got engaged. My sister loved it, so she ordered it and had shipped to me, figuring she could keep me off the streets and out of trouble!

I hope I can join in.

I just started a 5 point one and I'll need to make two more. I also want to make two 12 point ones for x-mas this year. I've been so intimidated to give them a try, but I think I'm ready now.

-Jenna

Welcome to this CAL of ours

Jenna also know as (aka) LittleGreenStars

The ripples of round are so much fun

We do them all even the Aztec Sun

So ready you are to join us all

if you need help, just give a call!

POINTS ARE FINISHED!!!!!!:woo:yay:jumpyay:woo

I'm glad that's over! :whew

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Goooooooooooooooo claytonclan! :yay yeah!

Archived