Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I am in the middle of oodles of yarn and thread doing critters and Marios... It was nice for awhile to be able to do the rr... but back to work... I still am checking on ya'll and will be glad to get back to this! OH... and get this... I am trying to learn to knit too!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clayton well done, they are not so bad are they.

Sue howdy doody, Im still here and still working on the rainbow ghan, I will show a progress pic once I have done the next lot of colors in it.

Everyone is going so well. Its great to see.

I hope I can join in.

I just started a 5 point one and I'll need to make two more. I also want to make two 12 point ones for x-mas this year. I've been so intimidated to give them a try, but I think I'm ready now.

-Jenna

WELCOME! I am new to crocheting and this is my first RR...I have had fun...we are all here to help!!:hug

Well I guess I have worked through enough UFO's now to be ready to start another project or two (actually 3, sh-h, don't tell!)

I'm going to do a RR, but not sure which one. I like the AztecSun and have the book, so I may do that one in different colors.

Sue, love your "poems"!! Good luck with the knitting. I have knitted for years and taught classes in local yarn shops. Crocheting is still my fav, but only by a sliver!!

Prefer to knit clothes.

Yeah Sue! Let me know how the knitting is going. I want to take a class at the local community college this summer to learn. It is one of my new years resolutions. I am determined to learn a new yarn craft to help use up all my yarn. No really I just need another excuse to buy more yarn!!! I got a bunch of knitting looms to start using too. Oh well once I get my round ripples done for christmas I will have lots to do.

Hello everyone, I have been reading this thread for a while and everyone has such nice work that I had to give this a try.

But I have a question, I will try to explain it as simple as I can, because this thing is bunching up on me and I now I did something wrong.

I am at the first round of adding the 'new' points, I had no trouble making them. So...should you make all the new points and then the next round, you just go all the way around? I made a point, and then added the yarn and went up and down(half way) on the old point, and then made the next new point, and added the yarn and went up and down the old point, etc all the way around. Did that make sense to anyone? I saw someone's pic on here and it looked like they made the new points, and then went around everything for the next row. I want to make sure before I rip it all out and start over. Thanks!!:hook

Hello everyone, I have been reading this thread for a while and everyone has such nice work that I had to give this a try.

But I have a question, I will try to explain it as simple as I can, because this thing is bunching up on me and I now I did something wrong.

I am at the first round of adding the 'new' points, I had no trouble making them. So...should you make all the new points and then the next round, you just go all the way around? I made a point, and then added the yarn and went up and down(half way) on the old point, and then made the next new point, and added the yarn and went up and down the old point, etc all the way around. Did that make sense to anyone? I saw someone's pic on here and it looked like they made the new points, and then went around everything for the next row. I want to make sure before I rip it all out and start over. Thanks!!:hook

This is my first RR...and I'm sure they are all the same with adding points...you first make your points, then start going all the way around.

So I have been wanting to make a round ripple blanket for my soon to be new daughter. (She is due in May) And this is a perfect opportunity as I see everyone is so helpful!!! I will be posting the colors I will be using soon. A couple of questions I have before I start: Is the pattern listed for the original 6 point and you can alter it to add points? Or do you have to add the 6 points and more if you want? And how long is this CAL going for? It will probably take me some time to finish! Thanks for all your help! Can't wait to join in! :cheer

This is my first RR...and I'm sure they are all the same with adding points...you first make your points, then start going all the way around.

OK, I haven't made a RR adding points before, it's my first one. I am going to take out the three rows that will bring me back to just my points and take off from there. Thanks!!

OK, I haven't made a RR adding points before, it's my first one. I am going to take out the three rows that will bring me back to just my points and take off from there. Thanks!!

This is my first one too...it seems to all come together before your eyes and can be a little frustrating at times! Everyone here has been so helpful! Thank you to all that has answered my many questions!!:hook

Clayton well done, they are not so bad are they.

Sue howdy doody, Im still here and still working on the rainbow ghan, I will show a progress pic once I have done the next lot of colors in it.

Everyone is going so well. Its great to see.

Howdy Doody back atcha Wendy! Can't wait to see the pics! I just KNOW it is pretty :yes

Sue, love your "poems"!! Good luck with the knitting. I have knitted for years and taught classes in local yarn shops. Crocheting is still my fav, but only by a sliver!!

Prefer to knit clothes.

Yeah Sue! Let me know how the knitting is going. I want to take a class at the local community college this summer to learn. It is one of my new years resolutions. I am determined to learn a new yarn craft to help use up all my yarn. No really I just need another excuse to buy more yarn!!! I got a bunch of knitting looms to start using too. Oh well once I get my round ripples done for christmas I will have lots to do.

Shelby and Wendy... Thankx for the encouragement. I am wanting to knit my DB a pair of socks and slippers. I am practicing the casting on part right now which is pretty funny... I just had a girl at work show me... she did it 6 times and then handed it back and had to leave!:eek Still not sure how to do it but Micky Dearheart gave me a sock pattern that I am going to take to work tomorrow so that I can actually have something to go by. The only thing I found that I am scared of about knitting is that the double pointed knitting needles are just that... double pointed :yes and there are going to be 4 to work with at one time AND each have 2 points... SO that makes 8.. count them 8 points for me to dodge and not poke myself with... or lose an eye! :lol

If you look at Darski's way back when... she had put on her points and was putting on the next row as she went. It doesn't matter so long as you put the point on then crochet around it.

So I have been wanting to make a round ripple blanket for my soon to be new daughter. (She is due in May) And this is a perfect opportunity as I see everyone is so helpful!!! I will be posting the colors I will be using soon. A couple of questions I have before I start: Is the pattern listed for the original 6 point and you can alter it to add points? Or do you have to add the 6 points and more if you want? And how long is this CAL going for? It will probably take me some time to finish! Thanks for all your help! Can't wait to join in! :cheer

Welcome Pickles of those you darn

Can't wait to see all your pretty yarn... :yarn

Congrats on the new baby girl

We are all glad you're giving this rr CAL a whirl...:2spin

Help we will give you, too much at sometimes

and then you also have to put up with my lousy rhymns... :eek

Just make sure you post pictures for us to see

we like to see everyone's work while jumping with glee :yay

OKAY!!! I have finished my first round after putting on my new points...I would post pics but that's the problem with having 3 teenage girls...I can never find my camera half the time, and the other half my USB cable has gone missing!:eek...

Sue thanks for the help...I had started the round before I got your answer back thinking it would be even with the old points like you said...and someway:oops, somehow:ohdear...I have 10 stitches on my new points and 7 on my old...Is this OK, or do I have to take it out...tell me I can work around this...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!:scared

Sue - WOW I am impressed, socks for your first knitting project!!!

Is your "instructor" teaching you to knit your cast on stitches or are you just putting them on using your hand?

Piece of advice, make a few pair of socks for yourself out of some really cool yarn, and see how many people you get that BEG you to make some for them. I made a beanie (bald spot warmer) for my dad out of Noro Kureyon and he got compliments every time he wore it. And now back to regularly scheduled C A L

tanks a million! I've even started several of these, and ended up hating the colors, or how it looked, or got bored. I can't remember the last time i finished a project. I have a closet full of wips and ufo's but nothing to show for all the crocheting I do. I've picked RHSS in amythist, lavender, dark lavender, and black for this one.

It is in the very first post of the thread. If you have time, I would read thru all the pages, there are tips all over. It really helped me out. Welcome.:crocheting

Archived