Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

You used thread for Mario:eek

My hands were feeling it when I finally finished Stewie today - using RHSS:P

th_HPIM0518.jpg

I made him because I think his character on The Family Guy is a hoot!

He's too cute Judy! Yeah, #10 thread for Mario... He stands 5 1/2" tall.

Thankx Pat, Mamma_crochet, Melissa and Micky! Oh and sis.. don't look too hard! :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have a new WIP picture soon. I am almost ready to put in a second set of points, another half row to go. Just have decide on color of points. White again or black to match the section of color I am currently on.

So it will indeed be a 8 -16 -32 afghan. It was soooooooo nice to have it on my lap when I was working on it at a baseball game last week. That night was so cold and it was big enough to almost snuggle under. I have another skein of each color so well just keep going until it seems "right" or the 3rd when my brother flies in.

Well, I got my first set of points on! :cheerNow, let's see if I can post a pic, lol!

6to24pointRR003.jpg

There ya go! Sorry it's a little big! :eek I'm still not too sure about the colors, but they looked good in the store, lol! All I know is that so far it isn't frilling and I'm not about to frog any more, so the colors are staying!

I love Mario and Stewie! You guys are so talented!!! I made a monkey for my DGD for Christmas, and well, let's just say it's a good thing she's only 1 1/2 yrs old, lol! She liked it!

Claytonclan, you're rr is looking very nice! Great job! :clap

See you all later!

Well, I got my first set of points on! :cheerNow, let's see if I can post a pic, lol!

6to24pointRR003.jpg

There ya go! Sorry it's a little big! :eek I'm still not too sure about the colors, but they looked good in the store, lol! All I know is that so far it isn't frilling and I'm not about to frog any more, so the colors are staying!

I love Mario and Stewie! You guys are so talented!!! I made a monkey for my DGD for Christmas, and well, let's just say it's a good thing she's only 1 1/2 yrs old, lol! She liked it!

Claytonclan, you're rr is looking very nice! Great job! :clap

See you all later!

I like the colors.

He's too cute Judy! Yeah, #10 thread for Mario... He stands 5 1/2" tall.

Thankx Pat, Mamma_crochet, Melissa and Micky! Oh and sis.. don't look too hard! :P

:kick lol boo i got youuuuu lol

actually feel awful today but had to do that i think i might have gotten stomach virus hubby wants me to go to er but i refused to let him spend the extra gas money for them to tell me i got a virus nad theres nothing they can do

How do I make my RR look like it has multiple stars on it...you know like there is one star on top of another...I can't explain it...if you know what I am talking about please help me!!!:think LIKE THE PICTURE ABOVE!!

Couldn't get the blankets to lie flat without pulling the bed apart (joys of a romping 6 year old) so it's a bit wonky but here it is.

Will be adding next set of points soon and will be at a ball game again tomorrow, so should have more progress shots soon.

2396886267_6a25758df0.jpg

That looks great! I understand about trying to keep a bed straight! I have 4 kids...two are twins! Now that the kids are a little older (15,15,13,10)...my problem is getting all the cat hair off my yarn, and keeping my puppy from chewing on my projects that I'm working on!!:eek

I am making one but it is going real slow... I am using Caron Simply soft in rainbow colors with black separating each color... so far... it might change though if it doesn't shape up! :lol

One of the women I crochet with asked if I would make a Mario for her so I did that last night and finished it today...

th_mariofrontviewsmall.jpg

His hat is a little big but other than that I think he came out okay... I just had to take a break from the rr for bit...

Sue he is so cute and I cant believe it took you a day to do.:clap

Hi everyone. I am back finally - was in the hospital for the past week and could do no crocheting. I hope to get to work on the banana berry 8 pt with the added squares soon. I have all the squares made but only one set sewn together and sewn on.

I had an idea that everyone may want to consider. I am on gather.com which pays you with points or cash for posting content that brings page hits (people looking at your content and commenting). I make anywhere from $50-250 a month:eek:devil:yay from them and I know many who earn at least a $25 gift card each month:yay. So, my idea, since we like to see the bigger versions of pictures so much is to post the small version here and make it clickable to the larger version (up to 1800x1800 pixels) on Gather. Like this:

princessRR-1.jpg

To do this, go to your photobucket image and click on IMG code (last one), then come to your post here and click on the picture insert icon (looks like a mountain scene). A box will pop up. Delete the http:/ and then paste* the url for the smaller picture on photobucket. I always click preview post after this to make sure it worked right. Now, to make the picture clickable to your larger Gather image, you will need to go to the image (the full size, not the preview size) and copy the url (address line). Now come back to your post and highlight the code for your picture and then click on the earth with chain icon to add a link. Once again, remove the http:// before pasting the url (address) to your Gather image. I preview post again and verify that it clicks to the right image. It worked for me, and the clicks to the pics equals Gather points which equals money/gift cards for you.:cheer

I have been a Gather member since its beta days in Nov of 2005 and can verify it is a trustworthy and fun site. I post pics, recipes, fiction, patterns, articles, and more there. It is a great site. If you want to join, click here. If you want to learn more about Gather, visit my article: What Every New Gather-er (and a Few Old Ones Too) Should Know About Gathering

*tip:think - to copy and paste easier, highlight what you want to copy or put the cursor where you want to paste and hold down the control key (left of space bar) and the letter c at the same time to copy or control key and the letter v at the same time. Also, to undo what you just did (like accidentally deleting something, you can use control z.

I will answer SUe's questions in another post later. Hope you all are well. Your ghans are B-E-A-utiful! :hug

2396886267_6a25758df0.jpg

It's beautiful!

Hi everyone. I am back finally - was in the hospital for the past week and could do no crocheting. I hope to get to work on the banana berry 8 pt with the added squares soon. I have all the squares made but only one set sewn together and sewn on.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Hope you're feeling better!

I'm glad your feeling better Monica. I stayed up last night till 3 am crocheting my sons RR...I don't suggest anyone doing that! I was counting my rows and ended up taking 3 rows out...only to find out that I miscounted and didn't need to remove any rows!!! I made those up today and will not have a repeat of last night!! :faint

I am so excited about doing my first RR...you can create the neatest designs...I was worried that mine was going to turn out in the shape of cirlce instead of a star!! I am having tons of fun...my son is also really excited to see what I do to it each day. I'll post a picture after I add on a few more rows. I have about 6 more rows before I add more points. :cheer

Here's a picture of what I have done so far! I crocheted almost all day yesterday...It was awesome!!

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh243/claytonclan/100_4275.jpg

Cherie! It looks great so far! :clap:clap:clap When you add your points, then the top will look like it is sitting on top of another star! I think that some look more so than others due to the color choices. :crocheting

Ann! I just love your color combo and it looks really nice! Great work there girl! :cheer

Melissa! I hope you are feeling better. :hug Miss messing with ya!

Aimee! I love the ghan! Wonderful work and btw... loved the word "wonky" :lol

Everyone else ~ My computer days are limited due to the changing of the PC here. I have half my programs and no printer right now... :eek Took Mario to work and ended up selling him so making another! I am still thinking on the rr... I have put it aside for the moment but will be picking it up again in a week! I will be now making one for a girl at work that is having a baby girl!

Hi everyone. I am back finally - was in the hospital for the past week and could do no crocheting.

I had an idea that everyone may want to consider. I am on gather.com which pays you with points or cash for posting content that brings page hits (people looking at your content and commenting). I make anywhere from $50-250 a month:eek:devil:yay from them and I know many who earn at least a $25 gift card each month:yay. So, my idea, since we like to see the bigger versions of pictures so much is to post the small version here and make it clickable to the larger version (up to 1800x1800 pixels) on Gather.

Monica,

Thankx for the heads up on Gather.com. I hope you are better and that your meds will behave! Nothing worse than trying to get better and the meds make it worse! :hug

Hi there! I've been reading the posts and looking at all of your beautiful afghans. I was so inspired, I decided to give it a shot! I started last night. I absolutely HAVE to figure out how to add the new points though. I really love how that looks!

P1010639.jpg

Hi there! I've been reading the posts and looking at all of your beautiful afghans. I was so inspired, I decided to give it a shot! I started last night. I absolutely HAVE to figure out how to add the new points though. I really love how that looks!

P1010639.jpg

Very Pretty! And Welcome!!!:cheer

I'm trying to figure that out too...I need a pattern to follow...I am not good enough to just create! If I find anything I'll let you know

I'm just following the pattern on the 1st post here! I'm not doing the fpdc and bpdc, just plain old dc. I've had to play with things a few times, but I've learned from listening to everyone thats made one that it's very common, lol! I check for frilliness every round!:eek I hate frogging! Good luck! :hug

I really couldn't make much sense of this in my head and didn't see how once you added the points you would be able to go around them on the next round without a mess. It seems to be working though and I'm thrilled! :clapI do have one question though....what is the purpose of the fpdc and bpdc or it says you can just dc in the back loops if you don't like those. I dc in the back loops on mine but I'm wondering why you need to do that? Can't you just do it through both loops?

Thanks!

Archived