Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

I'm working on two RR's and I put my sons camo RR on hold for a little while cause my friends baby shower is next month and I want to give her the blanket then. I am doing a 5 point star ripple for her baby...I started with a smaller hook and the star laid flat, now that I switched to a bigger hook...it's not laying flat. If I stick with a smaller hook, it'll take me forever to finish...what can I do?:think

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy, you're Zebra Brights RR is beautiful! :clap

Claytonclan and Sharon188 wish I could help you both out, but I've never done either of those ghans. Don't know what to tell you! Hope they work out because they're both on my "to do" list, lol! :hug

So sorry to hear about the dogs that have passed away... :hug

I am just able to jump on here a moment since DH's uncle passed suddenly Friday nite then MIL went in hosp Saturday night with chest pains but is coming home tonight... very hectic. While at DH's Aunts crocheted a dog to keep busy but will pick up my rr later this week. No sleep since Saturday so I am exhausted.

Can't believe how big the ghan is Wendy! Wonderful work... :hug

Can't wait to see the flower ghan Monica:yay

Can't help with the spidey nor the aztec sun since I have not done either also but there are quite a few on here that have so I am sure someone will step up to the plate!:hook

I'm working on two RR's and I put my sons camo RR on hold for a little while cause my friends baby shower is next month and I want to give her the blanket then. I am doing a 5 point star ripple for her baby...I started with a smaller hook and the star laid flat, now that I switched to a bigger hook...it's not laying flat. If I stick with a smaller hook, it'll take me forever to finish...what can I do?:think

Either start another one with a bigger hook or try to finish this one with the small hook - switching midway won't work....IMO, anyway.

Sharron,

I have done a few of these, I want to say that starting in the 4th row, you join with a slip stitch, and slip stitch into the next. That is where you chain 3 and go on from there..

I dont know where you got your pattern from.... but mine quotes you repeat rows 4,5,6. Row 5 is your small shell.

Hope this helps

Cathy

Here is the Zebra Brights Round Ripple, measuring 74 inches, as you can see it takes the whole of my queen size bed. Photo is clickable.

th_P1030396.jpg

Very, very pretty!!!

I thought I might as well show mine again. They are not finished yet, still wip's. :crocheting

2374045813_5fffb1d812_m.jpg

this one is around 54 inches from point to point.

2374062155_42a9e20f05_m.jpg

this is 56 inches from point to point.

Remember Huge Rose Camo 8 point Round Ripple? When I was working on a new 8 point version (different center) I decided to add the squares - a bit differently than this one is and I am still writing up the complete pattern. Here is a picture of the completed ghan:

Clickable:

LillyPond8Pt-1.jpg

Center:

LillyPond8PtCenter-1.jpg

Aussie and Judy, your RR's are beautiful. I love the color combinations. I have the worse time trying to decide what colors, how many rowes each....you get the idea. You both did great jobs.

Monica, can't wait for your pattern for this, it's beautiful. I love the edge. I'm in the middle of doing a baby RR for a cousin and I was trying to decide what type of edge to do. I was thinking of the one on your baby pink one. My 6 -24 is still sitting in the corner:lol Later for that one.

Remember Huge Rose Camo 8 point Round Ripple? When I was working on a new 8 point version (different center) I decided to add the squares - a bit differently than this one is and I am still writing up the complete pattern. Here is a picture of the completed ghan:

Clickable:

LillyPond8Pt-1.jpg

Center:

LillyPond8PtCenter-1.jpg

Those colors are so pretty!

Monica, that's beautiful! I love the colors! Can't wait for the pattern, boy I'd better get this rr done soon! So many more to do, lol! I've been working at it. Only 1 more point to add. Should get that on tonight!:hook

I have had a TERRIBLE day today :thair...working with autistic students some times can be very overwhelming!! Today was one of those days...and then I have to come home and deal with my four kids that can act CRAZY. :yell I just now got a chance to relax, and what's bad is I have to do it all over again tomorrow. 23 more days of school!!

I added another row today...nothing big...just one row at time I guess! I have about 5 more rows before I put on my cloud border...when I get that done I'll post a pic.

MONICA----Looks great...I love the colors! What kind of yarn did you use? I would love the pattern when you finish it!

I just finished the flower baby ghan. I have taken pics but need to upload them. I have even gotten the pattern written for it, and am considering selling it verses giving it for free. I do earn for posting them for free on Gather, but wonder if I would earn more by selling the pattern on ETSY? What do you all think? I may go upload the pics tonight or I may wait till tomorrow. I am too excited to sleep now, so maybe that will relax me?

Very, very pretty!!!

I thought I might as well show mine again. They are not finished yet, still wip's. :crocheting

2374045813_5fffb1d812_m.jpg

this one is around 54 inches from point to point.

2374062155_42a9e20f05_m.jpg

this is 56 inches from point to point.

Your RR's are beautiful Judy.:clap

I just about ready to start #4 rr. My god daughter is adopting a baby boy in July and her colors are light blue and chocolate. I am thinking of light blue, chocolate, tan and the varigated earth and sky ( it is blue, tan and brown). Now I just have to decide 6, 8, 12 rr and if I want to add points. I may even do a 5 point star. AUGH, the possibilities are endless!!!! :eek:hook

I just finished this last night. I used Pound of Love and did a shell edging - I love how it turned out. This will go to my new grandchild due in 3 weeks - if a girl.

Thanks for looking!

thumb.jpg

Archived